PDA

View Full Version : Brakes...

Titanium
09-28-2006, 07:47 AM
Last night i had to take my front hubs off so i could get the rims off of them beacause once again i put a tapered lug nut on a non tapered rim. well i got the rim off but to take the hub off i had to take the brake caliper off the disk and shut. and to do that i had to take the brake line off. and now i need to put more brake fluid in there. now here's one of my problems. i noticed that somebody before me had stripped out one of the screws on the little resevoir thing on the handle bars and now i cant get it out. now here's my other problem. the resevoir says its barely low on brake fluid. is this because i have air in my lines or did something really screw up when i took the brake line off the brake itself?

jonboy
09-28-2006, 01:50 PM
More than likely it is due to air in the line. Even if it wasnt you'll still need to bleed the brakes anyway. Is it stripped really bad or can you get some grip on the screw? If it isnt that bad here is an old trick that may help. Get a can of Comet or a similar type of dry abrasive cleaner and put the tip of the screw driver in it.( you may have to wet the tip first) Once the tip is coated pretty good, stick it in the screw and give the screwdriver a little tap with a hammer now try to remove the screw. If that wont work then you'll need to use a small Easy out.

drzoo2
09-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Dremel tool with a cutting disk. Make a notch for a flat bladed screw driver. Very easy although the screw maybe recessed a bit. you might mark up the res.

z