PDA

View Full Version : getting new truck

hotrodbelair
09-27-2006, 09:08 PM
i hope you guys arent getting sick of all the truck threads but im getting a 98 chevy silverado 4x4 tommarrow picking it up for 6500. the only thing that bothers me is the miles its got 150,000 on it. but its realy clean. its an extended cab short box 5.7 auto loaded. and theres not a spot of rust on the body. the frame is just starting to turn brown in spots but thats it. idk cant realy think of anything else to say about it but i wanna know what you guys think. ill post pics when i get it.

firefighterjosh
09-27-2006, 09:19 PM
My friend had a 95 4x4 chevy and got 220,000 out of it. It still ran but was getting weak. He installed a Carb 350 and made it a mid truck.

09-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by hotrodbelair
i hope you guys arent getting sick of all the truck threads but im getting a 98 chevy silverado 4x4 tommarrow picking it up for 6500. the only thing that bothers me is the miles its got 150,000 on it. but its realy clean. its an extended cab short box 5.7 auto loaded. and theres not a spot of rust on the body. the frame is just starting to turn brown in spots but thats it. idk cant realy think of anything else to say about it but i wanna know what you guys think. ill post pics when i get it.

Those things last forever and you could probably get your moneys worth out of it if you keep it well maintained.

MoToX199
09-28-2006, 03:57 AM
congrats on the truck,i just bought a 1997 gmc sierra,extened cab,stepside bed,with 9 in lift,and its also fully loaded,it has 89,000 miles and i paid 7200 for it,maybe you should see if you can get the price lower?

Slinky
09-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by hotrodbelair
i hope you guys arent getting sick of all the truck threads but im getting a 98 chevy silverado 4x4 tommarrow picking it up for 6500. the only thing that bothers me is the miles its got 150,000 on it. but its realy clean. its an extended cab short box 5.7 auto loaded. and theres not a spot of rust on the body. the frame is just starting to turn brown in spots but thats it. idk cant realy think of anything else to say about it but i wanna know what you guys think. ill post pics when i get it. i would say you should be able to get it for less than that.

a couple things to look for are the front of the oil pan leaking, the intake gasket leaking and feel the cab corners...make sure they arent starting to get punky. there can be no rust anywhere on the truck and the cab corners could still be starting to rot (they hold water) other than that your picking up a great truck that will go for ever!

hotrodbelair
09-28-2006, 02:40 PM
i tried getting him lower on it. but the thing is ive been looking at trucks for a while and the only ones that were in good shape they wanted 7500-8000. the only other truck i found for 6500 was an old contracter truck that looked like its been beat. im buying from a friend and his dad owns a car dealership so if anything goes wrong with it ill be able to get help from them.

Giz400ex
09-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Have ya gone for a ride in it yet??

hotrodbelair
09-28-2006, 03:11 PM
yea i drove it last night. and i just got off the phone with the bank i wont be able to get the money till tommarrow.