PDA

View Full Version : Sold, but not settled

DieselBoy
09-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Recently I sold a GMC Sierra K1500 2X4 that my grandfather owned for 20 years and he always did maintenance on it, but soon after stopped driving which made him decide to sell, so he gave it to me.

So I advertised it in the AutoTrader.ca magazine and website, and received many calls. The first person was intruiged, and bought it for $1700 uncertified AS-IS. I explained for certification it may need some work, and they were ok with it. I also explained the truck was not mine, and I know nothing about it. The son bought it, and his father cosigned. A government form bill of sale was completed, and the bill of sale outlined that there is no Warrenties expressed or implied. We sell it.

A week later, I receive a threatening email from his father saying that he took it in to be certified and it needed $1000 worth of work to be road worthy. This included:

- 2 Front shocks
- Back up bulb
- Rear emergency brake line
- Brake line
- and tires (which didnt look bad at all with plenty of tread)

Now, he's telling me he is going to come and F* me up, cursing and swearing, and destroy something of mine. He then adds me to MSN, and I ask him if there is some way I can help with some of the work, and he says he doesn't want to have anything to do with me. I'm a fair guy, I try to make everyone happy, and I don't like when people are furious with me.

So now I'm wondering what he is going to do to me or my stuff. The guy was very rude and short wicked when I delivered the truck (which came mostly out of my pocket). I don't know what to do. What do you guys think about this situation?

Toadz400
09-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Woa, that guy sounds psychotic. I don't see why he's so pissed off at you, he accepted the fact that it would more than likely need work and he never asked you exactly what was wrong with it or how much it would cost to repair it. It obviously sounds like he's trying to make it sound worse because he's probably adding things onto the list of repairs that don't need repairing, IE: tires that have plenty of tread left.

If he's threatening you and your property it might be a good idea to get the Police involved if you think he's absolutely serious about harming you.

rebelbuggy
09-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Call the local police and explain whats going on... if he comes on your property you can call 911 and have him removed if he damages then you can have him locked up for that, I wouldnt offer to help him any he is rude and doesnt deserve any help from you,,, when you buy something "as is" thats just how you get it "as is" no warenty it could fall into 100 pieces as sson he left your house, thats not your problem

Quad18star
09-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Call your local police department or the OPP and explain to them whats going on . By law they have to document it , so if something happens in the near future to any of your property atleast it'll be documented somewhere . Save the emails or any conversations that take place with this guy .

2004exrider
09-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Well its a twenty year old truck, stuff is and will go wrong. It was in working order when you had it and the bill of sale expressed there was no warranty at all and im assuming you also verbally said that. Dont take no crap from him, tell him exactly what you wrote on here. If things get worse save his emails, write down everything he threatens you and report it all to the police. Tell them he's threatening vandalism on your stuff and bodily harm, even worse on him being that your a minor (im just guessing). He bought the truck, he knows its old, it was only $1700, and he knew there was no warranty and sold as is its all his problem now.

Jimmy

firefighterjosh
09-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Make sure your doors are locked:eek: I have seen some crazy ppl.....I would get the police invovled...Keep all emails in case you need them.

rebelbuggy
09-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Make sure your doors are locked:eek: I have seen some crazy ppl.....I would get the police invovled...Keep all emails in case you need them.

yeah thats good advice also

DieselBoy
09-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys. If he does proceed with the threats any further I will call the police.

i just don't get it... i told him probably 100 times i know nothing about its current mechanical condition other than it runs and drives great... i told him its definately going to need a couple things to certify, and he was fine with that... most of these things are regular vehicle maintenance... such as balljoints & shocks... its really rediculous. i've been so nice to him about it, too.

HB416EX
09-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Can you fight???

Seriously let the police know whats happening and if something does happen you will have it on record.

09-28-2006, 10:45 AM
are you bigger then him?? haha....if he continues to be a prick about it and comes to your house, then i might call the police..but 99% of people are all bark and no bite

johnsls
09-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Call the local police to document the call, and if he does call back make sure your on the phone with your answer machine (maybe you can record it)

Also, can you somehow *69 or something after the call so it gets documented that you received a call from a particular number.
Edit- didn't realize he sent an email

AND - don't you play baseball??? :devil: Carry your equipment with you at all times and remember "Your on your way to or from a game" :devil: :devil: :devil:

ChuckMoe
09-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Post that threatening email here! LOL! I'd like to read it.

Serisouly, I hope he doesn't trash you or any of your stuff.

arego
09-28-2006, 01:15 PM
tell him to f*** off, you told him the honest condition and it is always buyer beware with used cars..

ilpadrino113
09-28-2006, 01:37 PM
definitely let the police know. If anything does happen it will be on record that the dude threatened you.

Ghost-Rider
09-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Some people are idiots and like everyone else said id jsut save the emails and stuff you cant expert a anything 20s years old to be perfect everyone knows that and he signed papers so i wouldnt worry jsut save emails and stuff probly just trying to scare you into takin it back or something.:ermm:

fatkid400
09-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Sounds like an ******* to me!!! When you sell/buy somthing "AS-IS" it means just that,right? Like ilpadrino113 said I'd deffintly contact the police on this just to CYA.