PDA

View Full Version : Is the Prdator the right choise???

waterdog3
09-27-2006, 04:54 PM
I have a 12 yr old daughter,"5'6 110" who wants to race ATV's. She's been riding a trx250 for the last 2 yr's....I've read where 90cc is the limit on riders under the age of 16. I have looked at several models and have picked the Polaris predator 90 2-stroke. Well, just wondering what u guys think???? Is the polaris a good choise? And what mods can be done and still keep it leagal in the stock class. Any and ALL information will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

BradLoomis
09-27-2006, 09:54 PM
We own and race 6 Predator 90's. If I could do it all over now, I would look at the new Apex, Thumpstar, Drr and Xtreme as the all are a little bit biger chassis', dual A arms, disc brakes and more. All of them have good aftermarket support and products.

bigdaddy
09-28-2006, 07:17 AM
My boy raced a Polaris 90 for 3 years, If I had to do it all again I would buy a TRX 90 Honda.

ecmini1
10-02-2006, 02:35 PM
I recommend the Apex Pro mx it has a great beginner platform with a bigger chassis dual a-arms and the bike comes with upgraded carb, clutchs, exhast and is 42in wide all stock.

mxhonda
10-03-2006, 05:44 AM
We own 4 race quads and one of them is a Predator.

Save yourself a headache and learn from my mistake. DO NOT buy a Polaris.

I am selling our Predator and buying the Apex Pro MX 90.

For the money and for what you get there is no other choice but the Apex Pro MX

Watch you do not look into the Apex Pro Shark(It is not a race ready quad)

talk to Ed at Lucky7 racing,he is a great guy to deal with. He will ship it to you directly.

dcarter
03-19-2007, 09:19 PM
I think the polaris is a good choice. I now have a bolt on dual a-arms front end for the polaris that uses 14" elka's up front and a long travel round housing rear swing arm for the back. You can set up your bike to handle as well as the new drx and apex mini's because i also do the long travel front end and rear ends for those bikes as well. You can see some of our work at team sims web site. Thanks Dave

Blazer25
03-20-2007, 02:23 PM
I had wonderful luck with my daughter's Predator 90. She raced it 2 seasons (over 80 races last year alone - and no breakdowns.) Loved it so much, I had a brand new one built for her. For you though, I would recommend a TRX 90. It will be roomier for her. I think she is too tall for the Polaris. You want her to be comfortable on it.

Now I did hear that the new Polaris Predator 90 4 stroke is suppose to have a bigger frame - so she might fit on it better. As for the dependability of them, I can't say because I don't have any knowledge or experiences with them.

Good Luck!

QUADROOKIE
04-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Sorry to hi-jack, but what is your opinion on a 2002-2004 preddy 50 for a 5 yr old just starting to race harescrambles? he will need to keep it stock for 50 stk class. It is the only thing in a 50 I can find and I need one within the next couple weeks. He is used to a kazuma so I am sure the preddy will be much better than that. Keep in mind I have a 1200.00 budget. Thanks.

Nichols Atvs
04-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
Sorry to hi-jack, but what is your opinion on a 2002-2004 preddy 50 for a 5 yr old just starting to race harescrambles? he will need to keep it stock for 50 stk class. It is the only thing in a 50 I can find and I need one within the next couple weeks. He is used to a kazuma so I am sure the preddy will be much better than that. Keep in mind I have a 1200.00 budget. Thanks.

Spend the extra money and find a DRR DRX 50 single arm . new one will run around 1999. you shuld be able to find a used one for less. where you located.

ecmini1
04-13-2007, 06:10 PM
I agree get a DRR 50 the swing arm is the motor on the ped. 50 and hard to up grade misc, stuff on them. Go with a DRR and it has better suspension and has more room to grow with you child.

QUADROOKIE
04-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Well, I am in Iowa and here you have to be 16 to ride an atv of any size in a park, even with a parent. So he will just ride around the yard, and maybe 3-4 harescrambles this year and next, then he will be ready and old enough to move up to the 70 class. That is when I wanted to invest some $$ if he is still interested and doing well. There just isn't much around here to buy as far as dealers or used, and his 1st race is in 3 weeks.

Nichols Atvs
04-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Good news for you because if you go DRR the 70 is the same frame as the 50 and all you have to do to up grade to the 70 is to buy some top end parts and walla your now a 70. DRR comes with alot of standard equipment parts the rest dont have like a 40 inch wheel stance racing clutches , race pipe you start adding parts up and you come up with as much money again that you just bought the quad for . check out the DRR forum and search anything about DRR and you will like what you see. That s why they have won national titles for 4 years in a row and only better stuff to come with them . Let me check and see if there is a dealer in your state if not we can sill get you one drop shiped I will pm you next week mondays a holliday. And DRR has a suspension that works . My son hated riding his polaris and even jumping . now on his Drr dual arm 50 he got more air in one practice then his whole last year racing.

QUADROOKIE
04-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the info. I will be willing to look into one of those, just a matter of if I can come up with the jack since I just brought home a new KFX450R.

forgiven
04-15-2007, 05:48 PM
If a 5'6" girl is going on a mini...Make it a DRR! Just got the 90 out and it is AWESOME for the money. I believe it is better than the Apex, but that is one mans opinion.