PDA

View Full Version : Antifreeze Question

Bigun55
09-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Allright i was riding around today and the lid on my antifreeze came off. Now do i have to put a special kind in it or will any antifreeze work? lol ive always had air cooled quads so i dont know what to do with it.

YFZ#426
09-28-2006, 05:09 PM
use engine ice ani freeze it lets ur quad run much cooler too!! u can get it from pretty much any dealer

09-28-2006, 05:25 PM
You can just go to an auto parts store and get Coolant/Antifreeze made for cars/trucks... Make sure you mix it with water, If it doent all ready come with water mixed.

If you do have to mix water with it, just mix half and half.

AtvMxRider
09-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
You can just go to an auto parts store and get Coolant/Antifreeze made for cars/trucks... Make sure you mix it with water, If it doent all ready come with water mixed.

If you do have to mix water with it, just mix half and half.

You must use distilled water and it is much better to get a quad or bike specific anti-freeze.

10-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
You must use distilled water and it is much better to get a quad or bike specific anti-freeze.

Car anti freeze is not as good for a quad. The anti freeze made for quads/bikes is thinner cause it has smaller holes to go through.
But car stuff does work.

rpyfz450
10-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by slow
Car anti freeze is not as good for a quad. The anti freeze made for quads/bikes is thinner cause it has smaller holes to go through.

Are you sure about that?

10-11-2006, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by rpyfz450
Are you sure about that?

Thats what the dealer tole me.

intruder
10-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by slow
Thats what the dealer tole me.

I'm not sure if that's correct I'm checking.