PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready to pipe my '06 700R

fastJan
09-27-2006, 12:43 AM
I use my 700R for riding sand dunes and I like to shoot the hill some. What pipe should I get? Which ones sound the best? I've been considering the Trinity pipe and the Sparks, but I've never heard either of them. What other pipes should I consider?

Talljess
09-27-2006, 06:12 AM
If your looking for quality IMHO it goes like this
1.HMF
1.Looney tuned exhaust
2.Yoshimura
Everything else..Nmotion makes some good exhaust but loud

NVMYRC
09-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Just get a quality full system, don't go with a slip-on. The LTE's will give you the most performance and they cost the most but they are not overly loud. Any of the others listed in the previous post are good pipes as well. Really comes down to what you like as far as looks. The singles are all close in power output.

Craig,

MaxxRPM
09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Another vote for HMF!........:cool:
.......but really they are all fairly close in HP. Like the other post said, get a full system!

freakystone
09-28-2006, 03:36 PM
I like HMF but I dont believe it is the best. Had an HMF slip on for my 700 and ultimately went to a Yosh. Yosh is much better built. Performance similar.

dc245
09-30-2006, 12:06 PM
i went with a gytr and i think it sounds good and works good also

True Blue
10-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I have full HMF pipe. The guy told me it would pick 12 hp with a doebeck controller and K&N. I dynoed it and it did. I am sitting at 50hp right now. The HMF are loud but make good power. If I was to do it over again I would get the LTE's, seen dyno on them and they make the most power.

big700r
10-01-2006, 08:52 PM
what are the lte's and were can i find info on them

400eXr1d3rZ
10-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by big700r
what are the lte's and were can i find info on them

Looney Tooned Exhaust, dual pipes, cost alot.

Get Curtis Sparks.

cobradaler
10-01-2006, 09:14 PM
little sahara power sports are using the lte pipes, controler, and there air box eliminater and getting 55hp.

fastJan
10-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the great feedback. I couldn't find a website for the LTE's, but I did find a supplier that has them and lots of other pipes (with pictures). Here's their website:

www.worldwideperformance1.com

Since the LTE's are actually two separate pipes, I assume one wraps around the left side of the engine and the other goes around the right side. I took a look at the left side of my engine and it's going to be harder to get a pipe through there. Has anyone had any experience with these LTE's? Do they fit well onto the bike? Do they come with effective heat shields because they're going to get pretty hot on both legs and the plastic?

One reply from NYMYRC said "the LTE's aren't too loud", which makes sense since the total engine noise will now be divided between "two" silencers. It would be nice if they could keep the sound under 96db. I hope they sound "sweet". Have you ever noticed that some pipes just sound sooo dang good.... Like an old set of glass-packs on a V-8 engine? Others can sound kind of ratty like a two-stroke silencer that needs re-packing.

Yes, the LTE's do cost about $140 more than the Spark's pipe, but the picture on the website (above) looks pretty freakin wicked...the way those duels come out the back! I might go for these if they don't have too many drawbacks.

The pic of the Sparks head pipe looks like it slowly gets bigger as it gets closer to the silencer. If its quite a bit bigger than stock, that would have to help get back-pressure off the valves and should result in additional hp. They also come with a choice of two core sizes inside the silencer. I guess one is bigger and louder....maybe too loud. Has anyone heard one of these?

Oh, my brother runs Yoshi's on his Raptors and he loves em, so that will be a good fall-back pipe if the others seem to have problems.

Anyway, thanks for the great replys! I'll keep checkin back.

- fastJan

True Blue
10-02-2006, 02:31 PM
The LTE's are the baddest pipe out for the Raptor. I have seen them on some bikes. They are loud but not to loud. I think that my HMF is louder than the LTE's. If you setup it up right you will get between 50-55HP on a good dyno. As far as I know, they don't come with heat shields. Not to many pipes do. As far as the Curtis Sparks, good pipe for some bikes but not all. Dyno charts don't show them making that much more HP unlike the HMF and LTE's. Trinity pipes are the same way, 1 hp over stock.

big700r
10-02-2006, 07:43 PM
about the lte they sound sweet but about the DOBECK TFI BOX should u buy it instead of the power commander sence the DOBECK TFI BOX was made for the pipes

True Blue
10-03-2006, 09:05 AM
The dobeck is a good controller. It always to you to adjust the idle rpm, the fuel pump-when to kick in, how much fuel to send(similiar to jetting), and at what stage of throttle to kick in all settings. The power commander is also good, been reading alot of reviews some good some bad. I think the Dobeck is a good all around controller, you don't have to down load any maps or wait for maps to be sent to you. When I ran stock pipe and my prodesign intake I would make adjustments as I rode to get it dialed in. If it is popping around7000-9000 rpm then you need to give it more fuel. You will know if you settings are right. The draw back to a Dobeck is when you bike is like mine with full pipe, K&N, and conroller, I have my settings all the way up and can't give it anymore fuel. But dollar for dollar I think the Dobeck is a good buy and it works with any pipe. You won't be disapointed. If you go to ebay and look for raptor pipes there will be a store called ATV Galaxy. I bought my HMF full pipe system for 495.00 and he gave me the Dobeck controller for free. You might check it out.

big700r
10-03-2006, 06:44 PM
thanks il have to look into it some time you got a good deal