PDA

View Full Version : new to the shee

gumby2461
09-26-2006, 09:08 PM
hey we jus got a banshee its a 97 with some mods we just got it tonight so we will dig into it tomorow and see wat it has in it ill post up a full mods list of wat it has. We traded our 250ex and my lil bro early 90s 80 for it. just wanted to see of wat problems i should watch out for it it has an 05 top end on it and jus freshly tuned up, came with ported cylinders that had one bad cylinder and extra white palstics and a few other things its a real cool bike and were happy with our trade. GO 2 STROKES! peace fellas

97blaster200
09-27-2006, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by gumby2461
hey we jus got a banshee its a 97 with some mods we just got it tonight so we will dig into it tomorow and see wat it has in it ill post up a full mods list of wat it has. We traded our 250ex and my lil bro early 90s 80 for it. just wanted to see of wat problems i should watch out for it it has an 05 top end on it and jus freshly tuned up, came with ported cylinders that had one bad cylinder and extra white palstics and a few other things its a real cool bike and were happy with our trade. GO 2 STROKES! peace fellas

yay!! you got her!

firefighterjosh
09-27-2006, 04:34 AM
Make sure the Tors system is removed.
Banshee hate airleaks. Make sure the boots are not ripped.
Be careful sometimes she likes to buck ya off :)
Get rid of the stock tires if it has them still.
I also replaced the side cover phillips heads with a kit from Vito that came with allen headed bolts.
Do NOT hold the shee wide open for more then 5 secs or so.
Be sure to mix you OIl/Gas correctly. I like to mix 32:1.

More important

HAVE FUN!!!

gumby2461
09-27-2006, 02:01 PM
yea the tors was removed b4 has brand new 05 top end its got a leagers plus 2 sing arm a21 cc cool head domes plus 4 axle 5.5 gallon gas tank renthals amp chain roller razors pro design teather pro flow intake nerfs and other stuff i cant wait till my lil bro gets money to mod it out...ne body have things for sale like a aftermarket steering stem with bars maybe a arms maybe suspension jus lmk

banshee84
09-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Sounds like a nice shee, let's see it

firefighterjosh
09-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by gumby2461
yea the tors was removed b4 has brand new 05 top end its got a leagers plus 2 sing arm a21 cc cool head domes plus 4 axle 5.5 gallon gas tank renthals amp chain roller razors pro design teather pro flow intake nerfs and other stuff i cant wait till my lil bro gets money to mod it out...ne body have things for sale like a aftermarket steering stem with bars maybe a arms maybe suspension jus lmk

Just sold my shocks to 97blaster200. I have a stem but no stocker to go with it. I have some X5 Bars for $40 Shipped.

Dinner
09-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Do NOT hold the shee wide open for more then 5 secs or so.

I have held mine WOT for more than 5 secs probably

firefighterjosh
09-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Dinner
I have held mine WOT for more than 5 secs probably

So have I. It just isn't real good on a 2-stroke to hold them wide open for a long time.

Also is this true?

I heard if you are crusing down the road and hold the throttle on a 2-stroke at a steady speed it will lean out?

Dinner
09-27-2006, 06:53 PM
It wont actually "lean out" with the jetting. You will start to run the carb bowls out of fuel if you hold it at a steady RPM, so it will seem like it is cutting out due to being lean.

i have never heard this before

firefighterjosh
09-27-2006, 06:57 PM
One of my friends told me that. He said that is why his blaster blew up:ermm:

Noticed you have a 87 Banshee. I have a 87 banshee rolling chassis let me know if you need anything.

Dinner
09-27-2006, 07:07 PM
I dont need anything for my chasis as of right now, thanks though:D

you are on BHQ arnt you?

firefighterjosh
09-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Dinner
I dont need anything for my chasis as of right now, thanks though:D

you are on BHQ arnt you?

Yes I am on there :)

Dinner
09-27-2006, 07:56 PM