PDA

View Full Version : Help... Carb Jetting question!!!

trueblue450
09-02-2002, 03:41 PM
My 300EX engine is stock besides the following. I have a yoshimira slip on pipe, and a uni filter. Now the literature on the pipe said I did not have to rejet the machine. So I haven't but i'm thinking that means with the pipe only. I'm wondering if I need to with the air filter to. I am running a 122 jet (stock). It runs perfect all day until it gets hot out. Then it will die (or burp out alittle) when I land from a jump, but then it comes back to speed. I don't have a prob with this besides the fact I was taking some rythms and the thing bogged before I hit the next one and I endoed pretty nicely. I took out the spark plug and it was black. So I think that tells me its running rich right??? So I asked my local mechanic and he said I should adjust the float and allow less gas in the carb. So I took ita ll apart and the float doesn't adjust. So then he told me to move the jet needle clip up one or two. I tried to first and it didn't run very well at all. So then I tried up only one and it ran better but worse than when I started. I'm gonna put it back to its original spot but does anyone have any clues whats going on here. It only dies when I've been riding (racing) awhile and then I hit a jump and it happens on the downsides? I know this is a lot of info but please someone help me.

Thanks A LOT
Dustin

trueblue450
09-04-2002, 07:03 PM
come on people

09-04-2002, 07:42 PM
im thinkin about puttin an e-series but im concerned also with having to rejet the carb.. but i have no help for you =)

trueblue450
09-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Come on help ??

spliffy
09-05-2002, 12:04 PM
Try Going 1 Up On The Main... A 125.... Could Be A Cheap Fix $4.00

ratmotor99
09-05-2002, 04:23 PM
i always rejet the carb when i change the pipe,, maybe its just me

Rat