he's gonna have some badass bikes

oj250r
09-02-2002, 03:24 PM
damn CW you never cease to amase me..:D lol,,great work

CBW
09-02-2002, 03:24 PM

CBW
09-02-2002, 03:27 PM
Thanks guys,,,,,,,,,OJ,,,,,yours is next after oldNo7 400frame.......;)

CBW
09-02-2002, 03:29 PM
Last one,,,,,,

Juggalo
09-02-2002, 04:25 PM
what color is that chris?

CBW
09-02-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
what color is that chris?

lollypop red.....with a clear coat that has the prism in it.

So it actually goes like this ,,,one coat near chrome, two coats of lollypop red and one coat of clear.

the real color in low light is like the close up of the weld.
every angle has a different color it seems

Pappy
09-02-2002, 07:28 PM
that looks awesome....i tried orange and it turned pink the first time:eek: ...lol

you make it look too easy. also see the sun finally shined there....how is the fire situation? last time we talked you said there was still alot of smoke in the area? take care...:p

oldnumberseven
09-02-2002, 08:07 PM
I like!:eek:

CBW
09-02-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by 400ex127
that looks awesome....i tried orange and it turned pink the first time:eek: ...lol

you make it look too easy. also see the sun finally shined there....how is the fire situation? last time we talked you said there was still alot of smoke in the area? take care...:p

well the skies are clearer,,,,,but the fire danger is still extreme.

The funnything about the color is that it isnt supposed to be orange,,,,,,,,,and in person it isnt but you know how the camera affects the colors a little.

#7,,,,,see you soon;)

i hope everything is up to standard when you get here,,,,,,,i feel like a idot all nervous and stuff........:o :rolleyes:

stocktires
09-02-2002, 09:18 PM
Chris,
VERY VERY nice work!
I'm wanting to get my frame PC'ed like a jet black, but it there anything special you can do to it? Like red prism? That would look SOOOOOO sweet on my R!
Could you possibly do anything like that? PLEASE lmk if thats possible and what is a ballpark $ figure.

LMK when you get my stuff in, it should be there tommorow, if not, then the next day lol

CBW
09-02-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
Chris,
VERY VERY nice work!
I'm wanting to get my frame PC'ed like a jet black, but it there anything special you can do to it? Like red prism? That would look SOOOOOO sweet on my R!
Could you possibly do anything like that? PLEASE lmk if thats possible and what is a ballpark $ figure.

LMK when you get my stuff in, it should be there tommorow, if not, then the next day lol

yeah i have red sparkles i can add to anything.......i have some in this case cover...........but more can be added to make them more apparent........

they dont show up real well in the clear with just the lights on in the house,,,,,,,,,sun would be better,,,,,,,,maybe i can get a better pic tomorrow if youwant......

oldnumberseven
09-02-2002, 10:24 PM
No need to be nervous.........

I look forward to meeting you in person!

Cheers

stocktires
09-02-2002, 10:38 PM
yes, I'd luv to see some better pics.
But are those sparkles Red? They dont really look like it. The more (and bigger) sparkles the better.

CBW
09-02-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by oldnumberseven
No need to be nervous.........

I look forward to meeting you in person!

Cheers

cool:D

guess i better get to sleep so i can get to work....LOL:p

CBW
09-02-2002, 10:41 PM
yes, I'd luv to see some better pics.
But are those sparkles Red? They dont really look like it. The more (and bigger) sparkles the better.

see that is just it.......theyare red,,,,but small. And that is theonly ones i can get at this time. I will try for a better pic tomorrow in the sun........;)

Taco
09-03-2002, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by CHRIS WATERS

lollypop red.....with a clear coat that has the prism in it.

So it actually goes like this ,,,one coat near chrome, two coats of lollypop red and one coat of clear.

the real color in low light is like the close up of the weld.
every angle has a different color it seems

Man i love that color:cool:

stocktires
09-06-2002, 05:01 PM
CW, got pics?

CBW
09-06-2002, 09:46 PM
lollypop red with out the clear..........

i will have some tomorrow,,,,,,,,but it is my side cases for my 310 and it is over polished aluminum so it will be brighter than over a near chrome powder.

As far as the red sparkles go.......they are real small and i dont think that they will show up real well. However i will be powdercoating all day tomorrow and i may do a test piece with the mirror black and a clear with red sparkles over it........

stocktires
09-06-2002, 09:48 PM
Ok, thanx Chris, I'll be sending you yet another bunch of items to powdercoat in a few weeks.
Thanx again!

CBW
09-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Ok, thanx Chris, I'll be sending you yet another bunch of items to powdercoat in a few weeks.
Thanx again!

your swing arm was blasted today..and i have some touch up to do on it to get the small parts of leftover off.....and i am going to get all the stuff ready to coat this weekend while other stuff is in the oven.....and then it will get done after oj250R frame he sent about 2 weeks ago:o then maybe i will be caught up........till ????

stocktires
09-06-2002, 10:08 PM
Sounds like you've got your hands full.
Does the swingarm look to be in mechanicaly good shape? The factory welds looked a lil' crappy to me.
Post pics of my stuff whenever ya get em done, no rush I wont need the stuff for like 2-3 weeks

CBW
09-06-2002, 10:15 PM
Sounds like you've got your hands full.
Does the swingarm look to be in mechanicaly good shape? The factory welds looked a lil' crappy to me.
Post pics of my stuff whenever ya get em done, no rush I wont need the stuff for like 2-3 weeks

on a preliminary inspection the welds look good........but the swing arm pivot bearings werent the greatest.......hope you planned on replacing them .......since you are doing a rebuild i figured you would replace them.:huh....you should now;)

I will probably have the swing arm done this weekend,,,,,and i will put up a pic for ya;)

stocktires
09-06-2002, 10:18 PM
Ok kewl, yea I've got new bearings, seals, and bushings, and will need to get the two long bushings also cuz I have to cut the swingarm off (After my dad cracked the frame beating on it, after I told him to stop 4 times...)
thanx chris

Striker49
09-07-2002, 05:33 PM
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/sad/eekyellow.gif Can someone pass me a bib here?

I love the PC stuff Chris, that is awesome.
Once again, great work, gotta love it all. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/bigok.gif

CBW
09-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Striker49
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/sad/eekyellow.gif Can someone pass me a bib here?

I love the PC stuff Chris, that is awesome.
Once again, great work, gotta love it all. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/bigok.gif

Thanks striker,,,,,,,,

i will have stuff for oj250r, and stock tires soon. And some more when the owners decide to send the stuff. I did some clear coating for #7 and the calipers came out clean and shiney,,,,,,,,and will never need polishing:D

phatswinn
09-08-2002, 09:15 PM
jezz thats the first ive seen of chris's work in awile, how much would it cost to have a frame dont, i want to have mine done this winter but im kinda leary on makin the money to have it done, also i thought black with silver or red vein would look really good, are there different color vein to put on ?i was also thinking maybe black with prism power in it or red sparkles,
thanks,
matt

CBW
09-09-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by phatswinn
jezz thats the first ive seen of chris's work in awile, how much would it cost to have a frame dont, i want to have mine done this winter but im kinda leary on makin the money to have it done, also i thought black with silver or red vein would look really good, are there different color vein to put on ?i was also thinking maybe black with prism power in it or red sparkles,
thanks,
matt

well matt,,,,,,,i have been real busy so i havent had much time to post the pics. Any how if you want to know how much a frame is just pm me so we dont take up space here.........