PDA

View Full Version : WTB 50cc quad and info on them

danw82
09-26-2006, 06:02 PM
I want to get my daughter a 50cc quad by monday. If anyone knows of any let me know thanks.

BTW I went all over town and everything is $1300 or more. I don't really want to spend that much incase she ends up freaking out and stops riding it. Any ideas on cheaper ones but ones I can get parts for? I sen the special edition Polaris today with the pink/white and loved it but they want $1900 for it.

I did find a zebra in great shape for $400 today and was going to see if they'd take $350 for it. Is that brand any good and if it's alright then where can I find parts if it brakes down?

Any help would be great before monday when she turns 5.

mecheech
09-27-2006, 09:16 PM
This is just my opinion take it or leave it, and I'm sure that alot of the others on here have more experiance and can help but, Stay away from no-name off brand mini quads. If a repitable dealer near U doesn't sell it then step back and think, can I get parts, is there a warranty, and does the dealer honor it or just leave U hanging.

Yes the bigger name and proven quads cost more but I wouldn't trust my sons life or risk injury on most of the crap that is being thrown out there by off-brands.

It is hard to pay close to a grand but if U search around and find a used couple year old quad for a decent price, As long as it is a known brand U shouldn't have any trouble selling it later on.

This just my opinion and hope it helps

danw82
09-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Thanks and yes I thought about it last night. Now I'm looking for a honda 50cc dirtbike. I can get the training wheels for $40 on ebay and I found a local 05 stock clean cfr50 for $750 obo which I'm gonna look at tomorrow. I'm more into streetbikes than quads and would love her to learn how to ride a bike. If she can ride a bike then she can ride a wheeler.

mecheech
09-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Alot of us and our kids have started out on 2 wheels, my www button below explains my story, and U can't go wrong with that lil Honda. Good luck and hope Ur daughter has some good times on her new bike:) (thumbs up)