PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time the 06 didnt wanna run

KrazyKeith
09-26-2006, 04:51 PM
first time it wouldnt start it sat for 2 weeks ended up pushin it to get it started. I left it outside last night and this mornin it didnt start again. Anybody else have this problem? My bike runs good so I would think the jetting is ok. It seems like its floodin itself out. Maybe I have the idle too high?

Johnny B
09-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Yea, if i let my 04 sit for more than 5 days with out turning over the motor, it is a freakin pain in the **** to start. after about 45 kicks it will finally start for about 2 seconds and then shut off again and after about 20 more kicks it will stay running.

450rJam
09-30-2006, 06:56 PM
he has the 06 er
try turning the idle up a 1/4 turn.

4ABURN
10-01-2006, 07:04 AM
I find that FULL choke is to much, but it still needs alittle choke. So I just pull it out alittle not all the way then hit the starter. This works great for me. Give it a try I am sure it will work for you.:D

lumi
10-01-2006, 08:05 AM
yup 4aburn is right, that works great sometimes. but its most likely your idle is too high for sure happened to me on my yfz. turn it down and if u get it running bring it back to normal rpm range. or a lil above. if thats not it maybe time for some valve adjustment and a decomp adjust.

-lumi

450rJam
10-01-2006, 03:13 PM
the er has throttle position sensor and you cannot touch the gas until its started.............so if you turn the idle up a bit it is like giving it just a touch of gas.
also if you pump the gas once before you hit the starter it seems to help.