PDA

View Full Version : Need help with compression

Memox
09-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Can some one help me out? I took my bike to the shop (05 LTZ400) cuz it could not started. they told me it was te compression and that they fix it, but now they say still wont start and is becouse te timing. They are asking me for the timing positions of the two cams.
Any one has any idea what are they? the stock ones?:confused:

86250rbanshee
09-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Timing, On the side of the cams, the front cam the 1 should be parrell with top of cylinder and the 2 on the rear cam should be pointing towards the carb parrells to the cylinder as well with the 3 pointing straight up on the exhaust. BUt make sure you top dead center and the all that stuff matches when your timing mark on the shifter side of case is correct position.

Hope that helps

drzoo2
09-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Check ebay for a manual. They have downloadable ones for $6 or so. Give your shop the file.......although it should be their job to get the right tools.

z

Sprinterx
09-28-2006, 04:08 AM
if there asking YOU for the timing marks I think you need to get your quad outa there pronto.

Memox
09-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Tnks yall.......Yesterday they got it running, so everythigs ok now, ready for the race that its gonna take place over here on Sat 30 of Sep. See you guys later. Keep on riding:cool: