PDA

View Full Version : ST travel shocks!!!

GIXXER1KR
09-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Who is running standard travel shocks ???Aftermarkets and rebuilds.Pros and cons and what would u do different next time???For example u have rebuilds by someone and should have went with-------????Or your running elka and should have bought something else!!!

Phills450r
09-25-2006, 10:04 PM
I went with 450r rebuilds.. why? because I didnt have the money and I think it is a big difference compared to stock.

actually mine should be done sometime this week

GIXXER1KR
09-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey Phil when you get them let me know how they work for ya!!!And who is doing them.I hear a good rebuild from a reputable builder is as good and sometimes better than aftermarket when set up right!!!!

jeepnrocks
09-25-2006, 10:10 PM
I had a linkless rebuild in the rear and triple rate front rebuild.
I am now going with Derisi racing for my rear revalve with link.

Jersey450R
09-26-2006, 04:42 AM
I'm running the ishock 5500 kit and the only thing i can say is that i with th arms were a little thicker. the shocks are fabulous!

MAD450r
09-26-2006, 05:01 AM
I have yet to ride an all aftermarket setup on an R. Comparing to the elkas I have on my 416ex, I think the rebuilds work just as well.

motox450
09-26-2006, 07:06 PM
I have GT thunder rebuilds all the way around with Laz's rear linkage as well. The rear is marvelous, no complaints at all. The fronts are worlds better than stock, but i still bottom out from time to time. I rode my brothers YFZ back to back to mine 2 weekends ago and wow. I thought my fronts weren't that good until I just got off my brothers, and let me tell you that mine are great, and i mean great. For the money I spent it was worth it well worth it.

trx400exxracer
09-26-2006, 08:29 PM
I have DeRisi rebuilds with the link for my 450r why, because they work good for the price and only thing i would do different is get AXIS fronts and let DeRisi revalve them. The stock front rebuilds work fine, just not enough travel. But the rear with the link by DeRisi works awsome and i will prabably stay with that set-up!!!:D

j_cyrus3
09-26-2006, 08:44 PM
I have rode an ELKA/HOUSER lt set up on a 450r, GT Thunder rebuilds, Derisi rebuilds, stock, and Custom Axis ST travel(mine). The ELKA/HOUSER set up, I would have thrown it away. My Derisi revalves rode better than it did, and im being completely honest. The GT Thunder rebuilds were GREAT! My Axis setup compares to the GT Thunder rebuild kit, and they are straight from Axis. I actually think they're better, and im not biased at all. If you're on a budget, call Laz at GT Thunder. Great deal on some shocks and they perform great.

GIXXER1KR
09-26-2006, 08:49 PM
I wonder how much of a difference Laz's 7/8" more travel up front makes when he machines the fronts!!!