PDA

View Full Version : guitar guys, what all can you play?

redlineranger
09-25-2006, 08:19 PM
i know there's alot guitar guys on here so i wanted to see what all everyone can play... i've only been playing for 2 months and i can play...

1.Ironman
2.intro and rythm to Sweet Child o Mine
3.Every Rose Has Its Thorn
4.Patience(GNR)
5.intro to Get Stoned
6.Lips Of An Angel
7.rythm to Free Bird(before and during the solo)
8.Come A Little Closer-Dierks Bentley
9.November Rain(just the verses, not the solos)
10.Smoke On The Water
11.some of One Last Breath by Creed

and about 11 or 12 chords if im just strummin or pickin chords.

exboy showed me most of these, and then friends of mine in guitar class at school showed me some others... i use one of the school's guitar there, its a Blueridge Acoustic, a decent guitar for just messin around. and here at the house i play my brother's Shecter Diamond Series, plugged into a 15 watt Crate Amp.

CannondaleRider
09-25-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't think many guitarists...at least in the group of musicians I know, including me, memorize a list of songs they can play.

I know I can play many, but I wouldn't consider listing them out...

And remember, just playing a few songs doesn't make you a musician, you have to learn a huge lot of other stuff to go along with it.

09-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Smoke on the Water and Luey Luey (i think that's the name)

redlineranger
09-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I don't think many guitarists...at least in the group of musicians I know, including me, memorize a list of songs they can play.

I know I can play many, but I wouldn't consider listing them out...

And remember, just playing a few songs doesn't make you a musician, you have to learn a huge lot of other stuff to go along with it.

not saying it makes me a musician... i stated the thread as what all can you play and i just made of random list of things i have learned since i started.

rooster_20
09-26-2006, 09:49 PM
I can play anything......and yes I am a musician

redlineranger
09-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by rooster_20
I can play anything......and yes I am a musician

thats good... i hope i'll be able to say the same about myself someday.

440racer66
09-27-2006, 08:15 PM
thunder struck it solo in killswitch engaged end of heart ache

redlineranger
09-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
thunder struck it solo in killswitch engaged end of heart ache

sweet im tryin to learn thunder struck. and i dont guess i've heard the killswitch engaged song but im sure its badass.

rooster_20
09-27-2006, 09:26 PM
My Fav Old School Rock solo's
1. Green Grass and High Tides (live is 20min of SOLO MADNESS)
1. Freebird
2. That Smell-Steve Gains is awsome
3. Midnight Rider-Slide Solo is CRAZY!
4. T for Texas T for Tennessee (live)-some more Steve Gains MADNESS!

PeeWee21
09-28-2006, 04:40 AM
I play virtually anything...i love playing so it could be rock, country, heavy metal but my personal preference is Blues. Anyways, heres some advice.....don't skip the fundamentals when learning....yes they seem like a drag but, if learned correctly it makes your learning curve alot smaller. Learn your scales, most leads are nothing more than scale patterns, my biggest thing i hated learning....was freaking bar cords... i hate them bastages!!!!! lol Doing them was easy...doing them quickly and precisley was another ball of yarn though!!!!!

XCAdam89
09-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by rooster_20
My Fav Old School Rock solo's
1. Green Grass and High Tides (live is 20min of SOLO MADNESS)
1. Freebird
2. That Smell-Steve Gains is awsome
3. Midnight Rider-Slide Solo is CRAZY!
4. T for Texas T for Tennessee (live)-some more Steve Gains MADNESS!

Which Midnight Rider are you talking about? A friend of mine has a band called Midnight Rider as well....Do you know Tim Wirtala??

rooster_20
09-28-2006, 03:23 PM
lol midnight rider is the song sorry for the confusion. There are actually 2 bands that play it, The Allman Brothers, and The Marshall Tucker Band. Those are my fav sothern rock solos. PeeWee21 do you listen to any SRV or Kenny Wayne Shephard While We Cry is great!

XCAdam89
09-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Alright...Here's my friends band anyways...I was in it for about 2 weeks, until I didn't really want to pursue it...

http://www.purevolume.com/midnightrider

Ruby Soho
09-28-2006, 03:45 PM
about 10 killswitch engage songs
10 led zeppelin songs
5 or so lynyrd skynard
every single blink182 song. there to easy
99% of nofx songs
like 15 pantera songs
a couple dry kill logic songs
25 or so mxpx songs
a couple metallica
10-15 black sabbath / ozzy osborne

oh the list goes on and on

Ruby Soho
09-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by PeeWee21
I play virtually anything...i love playing so it could be rock, country, heavy metal but my personal preference is Blues. Anyways, heres some advice.....don't skip the fundamentals when learning....yes they seem like a drag but, if learned correctly it makes your learning curve alot smaller. Learn your scales, most leads are nothing more than scale patterns, my biggest thing i hated learning....was freaking bar cords... i hate them bastages!!!!! lol Doing them was easy...doing them quickly and precisley was another ball of yarn though!!!!!

me too, bar chords are a bit.ch

procircuit406ex
09-28-2006, 06:10 PM
i can play alot on guitar,bat country bein my favorite because its just fun,but im more of a drum guy:eek:

bulkdriverlp
09-28-2006, 06:19 PM
havent played in about 3 years (just wait till you have a baby.lol) i could play most of metallica black, kill em all, some of master of puppets. pantera, ac/dc back in black album. now i play (when i have time) quite a few country songs. rythm only, my fingers are too big and slow for solos. ive got an IBANEZ V series electric/acoustic. sitck with it man its a lot of fun, learn a few ballads for the ladies, they just melt

redlineranger
09-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
havent played in about 3 years (just wait till you have a baby.lol) i could play most of metallica black, kill em all, some of master of puppets. pantera, ac/dc back in black album. now i play (when i have time) quite a few country songs. rythm only, my fingers are too big and slow for solos. ive got an IBANEZ V series electric/acoustic. sitck with it man its a lot of fun, learn a few ballads for the ladies, they just melt

yea i know what you mean about stickin with it... after the first week of class after school i was like man eff this.. but i hung with it and i know a decent bit to be only playin for 2 months now. i can play Every Rose Has Its Thorn if you consider that a ballad, i know it was a pretty damn big song back in the day. eventually i'll perfect it for the ladies, and then unleash it lol. im slowly working on the vocals to:devil: lol.. but to the other guys saying mention about bar chords and scales, we havent learned anything about that yet. when ever i get good enough i'll post a video on here. if anyone has any videos of themselves tearing off some sweet solo's lets see them. post em up i dont care.;)