PDA

View Full Version : How do you wear your Chest Protector?

400eXr1d3rZ
09-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Under jersey or over jersey? I don't have one yet but my dad is ordering me some stuff tommorow and i'm gonna be wearing it over jersey.

09-25-2006, 08:12 PM
If its plastic, than over the jersey.

roundsy
09-25-2006, 08:27 PM
backwards......lol jk, i wear it over the jersey

Cody_300ex
09-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Over, i dont think under one's offer as much protection.

trx400exxracer
09-25-2006, 08:46 PM
I have the Thor sentinal its kinda in between i wear it under that way mud doesnt get on it and weigh it down during a race:D

coolguy8769
09-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Cody_300ex
Over, i dont think under one's offer as much protection.

THEY DONT!! trust me i found out the HARD way, they offer little or no back protection! here is a pic of my EVS one

FRONT-
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/coolguy8769/P1001178.jpg

BACK-
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/coolguy8769/P1001179.jpg

firefighterjosh
09-25-2006, 08:58 PM
I have a 661 and I love it. I took the arms guards off cuz they wore spots in my arms and hurt. I wear a camle back over the jerset then I put the chest protector over the camle back

400eXr1d3rZ
09-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I have a 661 and I love it. I took the arms guards off cuz they wore spots in my arms and hurt. I wear a camle back over the jerset then I put the chest protector over the camle back

I'm ordering this one tommorow, same as yours?

http://www.motosport.com/motographics/images/products/apparel/protection/defenderlite.jpg

firefighterjosh
09-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I'm ordering this one tommorow, same as yours?

http://www.motosport.com/motographics/images/products/apparel/protection/defenderlite.jpg

Exactly! Mine had the arm guards on it but I took them off.

RaptorRacer45
09-26-2006, 04:04 AM
I run an MSR impact.....Over the Jersy is the way 2 go (imo):D

NacsMXer
09-26-2006, 05:50 AM
I wear an old school Thor Scattershield over the jersey. It's so lightweight I forget i'm wearing it. Saved me quite a few times.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-26-2006, 07:18 AM
I wear mine over the jersey then a camelbak, the wife wears the camelbak under the chestprotector

450man
09-26-2006, 08:06 AM
i just wear a shift one over my jersey. i have gone out for practice without one on and you really miss it when u dont have it!

underpowered
09-26-2006, 08:43 AM
i usually don't wear one, but if i know i am gonna do somethin stupid i do lol. when i do it is over the jersey.

but you guy's do realize that a chest protect, either over or under teh juersy is not meant to protect you in a crash. they are merely supposed to be roost deflectors. granted, they do work pretty good in a crash that is not what they are designed for. more of a liabilty thing than anything i guess.

FourFiftyFour
09-26-2006, 02:53 PM
I have an EVS under jersey one...but it traps a lot of heat and its really hot for most of the year down here... and being a girl without an enclosed trailer or RV or anything... I dont really have a place to go to take the chest protector off in between motos or practice..so it makes it extremely hot or bothersome trying to find where I can take it off. As for the other kinds of chest protectors...I havent found one that fits me right. Needless to say, I have broken my ribs a few times.

coolguy8769
09-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
I have an EVS under jersey one...but it traps a lot of heat and its really hot for most of the year down here... and being a girl without an enclosed trailer or RV or anything... I dont really have a place to go to take the chest protector off in between motos or practice..so it makes it extremely hot or bothersome trying to find where I can take it off. As for the other kinds of chest protectors...I havent found one that fits me right. Needless to say, I have broken my ribs a few times.

Cdalechick if you have the one like mine watch out!!! the way the back if formed, is that when you endo and ur back smacks the ground it puts extreme preasure on your spine causin it to break, thats how the doctor explained it to me......

EDIT: i also had a huge bruse the shape of the back panel for the first two weeks, which felt oo so good

FourFiftyFour
09-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
Cdalechick if you have the one like mine watch out!!! the way the back if formed, is that when you endo and ur back smacks the ground it puts extreme preasure on your spine causin it to break, thats how the doctor explained it to me......

EDIT: i also had a huge bruse the shape of the back panel for the first two weeks, which felt oo so good

I havent worn it in a year and a half...I think I am safe! lol