PDA

View Full Version : engine modding

hard one
09-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I am going to be taking apart my engine very soon!
I know my atv is only 4 mounths old but i have been racing it all the ways you can,drag mx,trail,and am going to start doing harescrambles this summer!

My main goal is to keep it powerful but keep maintenace fair!

So far i have in mind is to put a high compression piston From yoshimaru or Je to up it to 13 to 1 compression.
Then i am going to put a cam in in for mid range to top.
also a efi controller!
( Simple modds)
I have decent know how on engine rebuilding from car engines, and other small engines.I have a friend from my honda dealer how knows the best way and correct way to get the best power out of it so he is going to help.

After weeks of racing it like most of the rest of you have learned it is a very strong engine but just to mild for me.

I have been racing with people with heavily modded engine and can beat some but i learned that the rider make up at least 60 percent and 40 the quad.

As of now i dont think i will have the money to sink into a exhaust system just yet but i think we can get the power i am looking for out of the stock pipes because they are free flowing and not backed up.
Does anybody have a cam or high compression piston and what do they think about it.

becci4
09-26-2006, 11:44 AM
send that motor to dasa they will make that thing rip

hard one
09-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Why does every body say that on this site and go to get there exhaust.

There site has nothing posted for the lt-r and I am doing it my self because i want to save money and can do it rite.

who is dasa's master builder, how many years experince do they have working on atv's.
If for some reason i dont rebuild it i will have four stroke tech do it or duncan, trinnity, and mabey yoshimura.

FUELATV
09-26-2006, 04:48 PM
DASA does not have the info on the LTR pipes on their website yet. Dan Lamey is the man behind DASA. He has been around a very long time. He is Joe Byrds engine builder. I worked with DASA on the LTR450 Pipes. The DASA pipe makes more hp then all of the other LTR450 pipes on the market. My current build is at 58 HP ....

DASA pipe
DASA/Web mild cams
DASA Mild porting
PIM
Prototype intake with K&N

This is a VERY reliable motor and gains HP from the bottom to the top. It is stock piston and runs on pump gas.

hard one
09-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the info but i am going with the trinity 493 kit with a heavy duty clutch plates
I will wait till trinity comes out with a cam.

If he did joe byrds engine than he must be good!

I now have more respect for dasa but i only ride things that i know for my self works.

where is the best place to get race gas in missouri without having it ship to your house?

Baracudaaa
09-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Mmmmmmm, I would stay as far away from Trinity as you can. After you motor cooks, you will be s**t out of luck with their customer service.

hard one
09-28-2006, 08:38 PM
I am gussing you have had problems your the first person to say that.

Hey, i think pro-armor is the worst company every thing i bought from them sucks ,dosent work or just dosent fit right!
But my friends think they are the best its just luck if you get the one ( three parts in my case)that dont work.

thanks for the warning please tell?

race32
09-28-2006, 11:05 PM
hardone, what part of Missouri are you from? And what type of race fuel are you wanting?

Baracudaaa
09-29-2006, 08:02 AM
http://www.********.com/invision/forums/index.php?showtopic=2947&hl=

Do a search on any of the LTR sites.

hard one
09-29-2006, 05:18 PM
I am located in jefferson county.
We used to have a gas station with race fuel but it closed.

hard one
09-29-2006, 06:53 PM
I just bought a rossier high comp piston 14to1 and rossier complete exhaust pipe adds 10 hp and looks bad!
piston adds about 5 hp.