PDA

View Full Version : What are my options? Please read!

turbo91mr2
09-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Getting my swingarm off was a horrible experience. Upon doing so the sleeve/bushing that goes into the motor came out frozen to the bolt. The one on the left side(sprocket side) got chewed up when we cut the bolt out.I thought you could get the other sleeve out and buy them both new but now it seams you cant. I wasnt a member of this board at the time (last night) but searching today it seems that i am screwed and will need to buy both covers. Any help would be great. Thanks

86 Quad R
09-26-2006, 08:35 AM
and what quad is this on?

turbo91mr2
09-26-2006, 09:19 AM
sorry 400ex

wishmasstir
09-26-2006, 09:52 AM
so you need a bolt and a swingarm bearing kit with sleeves in it???

just get a pivot works kit, it comes with new sleeves and is so much cheaper

and you can buy a bolt from honda, but it could be pricey. 250r pivot bolts around around $55 i think

turbo91mr2
09-26-2006, 12:12 PM
I wass told that the hardened metal sleeves that are pressed the the casing arent supposed to come out. And the case is useless now. I did order a pivot works kit i just havent received it yet. This is the kit i got. http://pivotworks.com/display.asp?Part=PWSAK-H18-400

turbo91mr2
09-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Anybody??? I cant find anything about installing this kit.

wishmasstir
09-27-2006, 11:51 AM
you confused me here....you posted a link to the kit you bought which has a breakdown of installing it. it shows the order of the parts. i think your okay with just ordering this kit or did you break something else? post some pics of it

turbo91mr2
09-27-2006, 02:16 PM
its the sleaves that are in the engine case that the swing arm bolt goes through.

wishmasstir
09-27-2006, 03:11 PM
oh ... i couldn't find those on www.bikebandit.com but you may be able to buy them, try the honda dealer near you. if not, take some measurements (the outside diameter of the sleeve you'll need, the inside diameter to clear the bolt, and the length that you'll need) you can just get one sleeve made. i had to do this for a yzf400 motor in a 400 frame before. just get one cut at a machine shop.

i just read that you would buy both engine covers to solve this problem!!! your crazy. if the one in the right center case is still good then leave it be and just get one made for the left. or if you can get the other one out just get one made. it will cost you hardly anything to get one made at a machine shop, compared to several hundred for new cases and bearings/seals/gaskets and labor if you take it somewhere to get done

turbo91mr2
09-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah i think you are right. I am going to try having them made. Thanks.