PDA

View Full Version : who all ??

StuckInTheMud
09-25-2006, 05:42 PM
buys there own bikes,parts, and races out of there own pocket? man i wish i could have it like all the little punks that get what they want on there bike and not pay a dime for it, id be rich.....every pennie that is put into my bike let alone the work time on it is all from me......this addiction to add more power is getting expensive:rolleyes:

ghott
09-25-2006, 05:44 PM
I pay for all my own crap...however, I do not race. I trail ride recreationally.

I make a payment each month...sometimes it gets pretty hard being a broke *** college student ;)

StuckInTheMud
09-25-2006, 05:53 PM
yeah i know what your coming from man, im a senior in highschool and going to college next august....im going to be broke as sh*t....even tho i am now....hey man it sounds like your bike needs rejetted with a 180-185 main with a 52 pilot....let me know if that sounds right, is it running lean?

ghott
09-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by StuckInTheMud
man it sounds like your bike needs rejetted with a 180-185 main with a 52 pilot....let me know if that sounds right, is it running lean?

Actually, with a 175 main in, I had a false rev limit. At a 178 main the plug was coal black :) at the 170 main, it is doing very well. I believe the filter might be holding it back. I believe I'll be going with a DASA air filter later on if I can afford it. My builder runs the DASA Filter with DASA Pipe and uses a 190 main (dyno proven).

As it gets colder, I will have to go up to a 175 main :)

Thanks.

Pappy
09-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by StuckInTheMud
buys there own bikes,parts, and races out of there own pocket? man i wish i could have it like all the little punks that get what they want on there bike and not pay a dime for it, id be rich.....every pennie that is put into my bike let alone the work time on it is all from me......this addiction to add more power is getting expensive:rolleyes:

i wish I could meet some of these rich punks. Ive never seen one.

StuckInTheMud
09-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i wish I could meet some of these rich punks. Ive never seen one.
i bought everything on my bike and did all my own work to it.....its just call having a job that you go to everyday and getting payed....i pay for my own car insurance too and im not a rich punk, i just work for my goods

allstock
09-25-2006, 06:09 PM
woah then who does cody work for? lol jk

Pappy
09-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by allstock
woah then who does cody work for? lol jk

I would bet to say that cody puts in more hours working for me then most teenagers on this site that have a "real" job:p

I have been to a ton of races, know a ton of racers and not once have I ever ran into someone that had it all handed to them. I used to hear this same crap when I raced cars.

Life is not fair, work for what you want and worry not of what others have.

hy250r
09-25-2006, 06:13 PM
i got the exact feeling. Im a junior in high school and I work every night through the week just to get enough money for payments and gas. The rest goes to my quad. I had to work 40-50 hrs a week, during school break just to get suspension and to race. I know it can be exspensive, but its worth every second.

StuckInTheMud
09-25-2006, 06:39 PM
i dont have suspension mods yet, can afford it....i guess i need to work for someone like the big guys to afford that huh lol

700bRad
09-25-2006, 06:53 PM
I work at UPS part time, and live at home as a single 20 year old :) The 700 raptor was a graduation present from the rents. And I was paying minimum on the YFZ haha. Going to college next year as well, im excited! Cant wait to get out on my own.

hy250r
09-25-2006, 07:00 PM
well it took me atleast 6 months to get that so, it wasnt like i had the cash in my hands right then and there. so i know what its like trying to get money while trying to pay stuff off.

MossboysRacing
09-25-2006, 07:03 PM
thank god i'm sponsered by my Visa and Mastercard.

StuckInTheMud
09-25-2006, 07:09 PM
hmm thats a good idea, you think i could get sponcered by visa? i would make them money everyday....now only if they would give a 17 yr old one haha

Phills450r
09-25-2006, 10:00 PM
I have alot of help with my mom and dad.. but every dime I make still goes toward my quad.

anyone under the age of 18 wouldn't be able to do it all without some type of support in some way

StuckInTheMud
09-26-2006, 05:05 AM
sorry bud but i am 17 and i only have a car insurance payment, and i pay for my own gas, parts, and everything that i do to my bike, its called having a job and buying a vehicle thats not as nice as your bike haha

repsol/honda
09-26-2006, 01:20 PM
I am in the army, been deployed to Iraq since Feb. I make decent money but it's still hard to pay for all the toys. Just be glad you guys can ride, i still have 6 more weeks in this hole.

450r51
09-26-2006, 02:11 PM
lets see here, i have been racing for 3 years now and ive only met one or two of those rich punks ur talking about. most kids including me work and greatly appreciate what we have.

i know in my situation yes i got my quad as a gift for my birthday, but every aftermarket peice on there i have boughten, i pay for my own gas, and 80% of the time i pay for my races. id be willing to bet 99% of the pro racers,pro am racers, a class racers, b class racers, and c class racers have had help from there parents.

im with pappy on this one, where are all these no appreciative, little punks that get everything?

ITSTOCK
09-26-2006, 03:51 PM
First, let me just say, for those that do have parents with money, god bless them. I would do the same for my kid, so long as he wasn't screwing up.

I am 21 and I pay for all my own crap, but unlike you, I am not a student and have a full time job. That would be DAMN TOUGH to make the money to buy the bike, and buy the parts while in high school. I was making $9/hour in high school part time, and it seemed like I never had money to begin with. I can't imagine trying to have a social life (go out every once in a while) and seriously get in to racing. I THOUGHT selling my 2003 mustang Cobra (663rwhp/803rwtq) and building a 450r would get me out of money pits. BOY WAS I WRONG :eek2: I basically ended up saving $400/month on insurance by selling the car and buying the 450. I'm happy with that, and the quad is even more fun than the car.