PDA

View Full Version : A Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On

TravEX
09-02-2002, 12:31 PM
i'm still having trouble with my Douglas 190's and my XC's on the front,,,i use the flat side of the lug nut against the wheel, and when i get up to about 30mph+ they wobble like heck, shakes the handlebars, rough and uncomfortable to ride,,,i've taken them off and am running the stockers on the front for now,a nd they are as smooth as they can be,,,what can i do to get the wobble out of them?,,,i've tried swapping sides, turning the wheel 1/4 turns on the hub,,,anyone else have trouble with wobbles in their Douglas' 190's?,,,Trav

eldoexrider01
09-02-2002, 12:36 PM
well man to me it seems like they arnt centered. and you said u turned the lugnuts around. im guessin the douglas rims dont have the self centering like the stockers?????? maybe take em to a tire shop and let them put it on the balancer wheel and see if they might jus be off (which they prolly arnt) but id say that they just arnt centered on the hub. it prolly soo close that it only shows up at high speeds

TravEX
09-02-2002, 12:41 PM
that what it seems to me, and i've thought about going to a machine shop and have the holes drilled larger so that they would self center, but i feel that most of the "redneck" machine shops around here wouldn't get the holes drilled out using the existing hole for center, and then make the wobble worse,,,i dunno,,,:(

Tommy 17
09-02-2002, 03:03 PM
do u have slime or fix a flat in ur tires?

TravEX
09-02-2002, 03:37 PM
nope,,,and it only does it on the front ones, the rear ones are smooth as the stockers,,,

yamaha1470
09-02-2002, 04:24 PM
when u turn the lugnuts around i think u need to put a washer in.

TravEX
09-02-2002, 08:02 PM
i'll try that,,,thanks