PDA

View Full Version : e series question

Deadly300
09-25-2006, 03:28 PM
i have a e series meg pro full system and it dont have enough bottom end power to it right now im running 12 discs with S/A. i heard that the more the more top and the less the more bottom but i tried less and the bottom got worse. i was wandering if i could just run the discs with no S/A or would that just make sound and help nothing. if i cant get more bottom out of it im going to go with a hmf.

bigbearkid4x4
09-25-2006, 05:09 PM
try taking all the discs out and just run the open end cap i heard it has alot more power than with the discs and it wont hurt anything just liek running a hmf or sumthing

400eXr1d3rZ
09-25-2006, 08:31 PM
The less disks, more backpressure, more bottom end. But theres a catch, the bike quiets down, alot! I run 5 discs and no spark arrestor, I have too much torque as it is, I need some top end, so I left it free flowing.

But what you could do is, I don't know if this is a good idea or if it will even work, put about 2 disks in and drill a few holes in the S/A the sound level might increase but the bottom gain will go to top, I'm not too sure if it's a good idea or not, but it just came to mind.

If you want to, you could sell your e-series and buy a HMF, the bottom to mid gains are great.

Deadly300
09-26-2006, 12:14 PM
will running open end hurt anything.

09-26-2006, 12:23 PM
you will lose the necessary back pressure to help suck out the exhaust gases. i know that isn't the right way to explain that, but it is the only way i can think of at the moment.

running 4 disks is about the same as stock. running less disks will also require jetting changes as the exhuast gases are escaping differently. when you just take discs out, the exhaust gases are not escaping as fast. meaning if you leave your jhetting for 12 disks, but are running 6 disks, you will bit fat/rich. or have too much fuel for the amount of air needed.

Deadly300
09-26-2006, 12:48 PM
it has puffed a little black smoke out with the 12 discs in right now so it might be running rich. i got the quad with the pipe and it had no discs just the cone end cap and i liked it alot but then my core blew out and i got all new stuff for the pipe including the S/A and 12 discs to try it but i dont like it with the discs cause theres not the bottom i want.