PDA

View Full Version : jetting and speed question

red400ryder
09-02-2002, 12:24 PM
ok i don't know if this could be a problem or if my speed is correct but here we go. last night a friend of mine with a stock raptor clocked me with his trail tech speedometer and it read me topped out at 67.1 mph but the thing is i have 22 in tires with stock gearing plus my bike is stock except for spark arrestor is removed. i have not rejetted could this be the problem why i didn't get much more cause my jetting is running lean??? i know a stock one does like 66-67 so either his speedometer ain't right or something with my bike is up like the jetting maybe cause like i said it is running lean. i got my bike clocked before by a enduro bike with a speedometer and he read me at 65mph topped out and i had it the same way as i do now except i had 20in holeshots and 14 tooth front then when i done that. so does anybody know my problem is it jetting or wrong figures on speed??? any help is appreicated thanks mike

TravEX
09-02-2002, 12:34 PM
it may not go faster with stock gearing and 22's caise of lack of power,,,i'm 6'1" 200lbs, and i feel mine faster with the 14T in cause it has more power to pull,,,on my trail tech i've gotten up to 66 or 67 (can't remeber) with the 14T and 20's,,,later, Trav

red400ryder
09-02-2002, 08:16 PM
alright thanks for your input trav i'll give it a try. i have a 14tooth in the building that i will throw on before this weekend and get it clocked again and see what the results are on that. you're probably right cause the power does lack when adding taller tires it does take power away on stock engine. but anyway thanks for the reply i'll give it a go and by the way yeah i way 200lbs also so the 14 is probably good for now until mods appreicate it later mike

TravEX
09-02-2002, 08:20 PM
k,,,i re-read your first post and your jetting Q, you might try a 152, it can't hurt, and most people on here agree that 400's are on the lean side stock with a 148,,,,Trav

red400ryder
09-02-2002, 09:08 PM
yeah i probably try the jetting to cause it seems to need it thanks mike