PDA

View Full Version : More Power

Titanium
09-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Ok so my daily driver(family farm truck) is a 1990 Ford F-150. Its got an Inline 6 in it. Now pretty soon this truck isnt going to be my daily driver anymore because im probably getting a 97 dodge Ram SS/T. but just for the h*ll of it how can i squeeze some power out of it. another reason i'm curious about this is because my dad has been complaining about the truck not having enough power. Besides an Exhaust system and diff intake wat can i do?

ugottabayou
09-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
Ok so my daily driver(family farm truck) is a 1990 Ford F-150. Its got an Inline 6 in it. Now pretty soon this truck isnt going to be my daily driver anymore because im probably getting a 97 dodge Ram SS/T. but just for the h*ll of it how can i squeeze some power out of it. another reason i'm curious about this is because my dad has been complaining about the truck not having enough power. Besides an Exhaust system and diff intake wat can i do?

Get yourself a chrome exhaust tip and an ACDelco battery. That oghtta do it! :blah:

ugottabayou
09-25-2006, 01:34 PM
o and don't forget the whistle dealy you stick in the exhaust pipe to make it sound like a turbo:chinese:

Raptor68
09-25-2006, 01:42 PM
I'd look into getting an actual header, instead of using just the original exhaust manifold. Check Clifford Performace because they specialize in performance parts for inline sixes. Is it carbed or FI? You could always put on a 4 barrel carb or of its FI, a larger throttle body. Sometimes just a new set of plugs, distributor cap, and wires can make a huge difference.

FasstMidnightZ
09-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Raptor68
Sometimes just a new set of plugs, distributor cap, and wires can make a huge difference. Exactly right, cap, plugs, wires, exhaust, air intake, new injectors, tb spacer. Basically replacing old stuff can free up more power.

ilpadrino113
09-25-2006, 04:11 PM
a header will make a huge difference in the inline 6's. a cam will alo bring the motor to life. The inline 6's are moe tourque monsters so concentrate on hookin up and that will do it to. Personally tho if you want more power i woudldn't bother with the inline and go right for the 460.