PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing tips?

not2hi
09-02-2002, 11:26 AM
I have a 300ex (mods listed below) and my friend has a Mojave 250. Its all stock except for Spider-Trac tires. We drag-raced up my driveway and I was so concerned about making sure i got going as fast as i could, i popped out the clutch too fast, i did a little wheelie and lost alot of time. He ended up winning of course. If my driveway would've been longer i would've edged over him, because my top speed is higher than his.

Well anyways, i was wondering if theres any tips you guys have for me to win next time. I was considering for the next time putting it in 3rd and then putting like 2/4-3/4 throttle then letting the clutch out slowly while keeping alot of throttle on. This will hopefully prevent me from doing a wheelie, it might also save some time on shifting later on.

Please tell me what you guys think about my strategy, or if you have any better suggestions. Thanks

GreatAim
09-02-2002, 11:46 AM
alot of people start in second, i prefer first, if you get good at wheelies u can just rev through it and when you shift, the front will come down, just stay closer to the front, when i start in second it tends to come out slower, u could also try locking your brakes and spinning the rear, then letting off the brakes