PDA

View Full Version : brake lights????

Ncboost
09-25-2006, 10:47 AM
I see these kits on ebay to make your tail light also work as a brake light. They make a kit that uses your front and foot brake. What's included if anyone has bought one already. Don't want to spend $75 to find out. I'm sick of almost getting rearended . Thanks I did a search and didn't find anything on this topic.

09-25-2006, 10:56 AM
the rear brake is made by simply adding 2 bulbs to the old style lights or buying a new style light.

you then mount a switch to the frame near your rear pedal and it is actuated by a spring connected to the pedal. there is wires coming off the switch that run to the lights that you added and the brake. there is also a ground wire that connects at the tool box.

for the front, you add a switch that is screwed into an unused threaded portion of the front brake lever. the switch is activated when the lever is pulled. the power wires run from it along the frame the the switch at the rear pedal.

mine has lasted for 5 years now. i believe ok powersports is the seller. i had bought mine from him before he started using hydraulic switches and had the front available, and before the new style lights made the conversion easier. i bought the front and rear seperately because of that. i have had no problmes with it except for needing to clean out the switch on 2 occasions after especially muddy rides..a little contact cleaner and away we go..

Ncboost
09-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Could you post some good pics of the front and rear.. :)

09-25-2006, 11:24 AM
my camera is broke...i am supposed to be getting it back tomorrow...i'll post some then...

Ncboost
09-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks.