View Full Version : Check out these extended hubs

PismoLocal
09-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Check out this new product rocky mountain is selling, its an extended hub NOT a wheel spacer. Seems like a good Idea because it looks a lot beefier than all of the wheelspacers I have seen but I definitely would not feel safe jumping on these puppies. Here is the link check em out.
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/viewLargerImage.do?prodImage=g/gfo_07_ext_rea_whe_hub.jpg

09-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Their still going to wear out stuff just like spacers. What they are is basicaly a hub with spacers built in. They look strong but are aluminum. If you buy the right spacers they would be just as good just at a cheaper price.

PismoLocal
09-25-2006, 11:44 AM
I would never buy something like these but I just thought I would post it up because it was an interesting idea.

09-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
I would never buy something like these but I just thought I would post it up because it was an interesting idea.

Their probably a lot stronger than the aluminum spacers sold but i still think the steal crj spacers are the strongest out.
They would work good for flat track and TT. They probably polish up nice too.

deepcj7
09-26-2006, 09:10 AM
I don't understand why these would not be strong enough. Somebody explain please

09-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by deepcj7
I don't understand why these would not be strong enough. Somebody explain please

Well they might be strong but if you jump the aluminum hubs might snap instead of the axle cause the hubs cant be stronger than the axle. I dont think.

bwamos
09-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Stock hubs are aluminum.. and those look a LOT stronger than stock.

I wouldn't use them for MX.. but anyhting else I don't really see a huge issue.

09-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Stock hubs are aluminum.. and those look a LOT stronger than stock.

I wouldn't use them for MX.. but anyhting else I don't really see a huge issue.

My 400ex rear hubs im pritty sure have a couple chips with rust showing.

86 Quad R
09-26-2006, 11:53 AM
those appear to be billet(machined), not cast. so i dont think there should be an issue with them snapping into. ;)

duke416ex
09-26-2006, 02:57 PM
I read more on them and they are forged aluminum. They are 80 bucks a set which is cheaper than most stock hubs so I guess it is up to what you want.

deepcj7
09-26-2006, 05:07 PM
rear hubs on the 400 are steel and the fronts are aluminum. Is forged stronger then billet aluminum? $80 is pretty cheap, if it has steel inserts in the shaft mounting area....i'm getting me a pair.

x.system
09-30-2006, 09:19 PM
I saw a set of those at the track today, the guy just got them and tried them on a 60 lap race, tt style track and took first place. He normaly races woods so I imagine he got them so he wouldn't have to change out axles.

If anyone remembers way back when trikes ruled, westcoast performance products also made extended hubs like those but in stainless.

rooster300ex
09-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Are these just for the rear. Wonder if they make this kind of hub for the front.