PDA

View Full Version : diet

flying dutchman
09-25-2006, 09:36 AM
heey guys

i have a question for ya.
as every one of us know a raptor 660 is pretty heavy.
now my question is: how can i reduce the wait of my rappy.
like taking of the headlights and parking brake but do you guys know any other things i can save weight on?

greetzz

beastlyone
09-25-2006, 01:17 PM
hiper wheels, they're carbon fiber beadlock rims, should lighten it up quite a bit and then get rid of the stock exhaust for sure and get maybe a yoshi carbon full system or id reccomend the HMF ballence addition i believe? its full carbon fiber, reallly sick. thats all i can think of off the top of my head man, but should help quiite a bit

flying dutchman
09-25-2006, 01:48 PM
thanks for the advice man.
any body else who has some idea's?

mxscooter
09-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Ahh I also was wondering about reducing the quite portly mass of my Raptor - things I have thought of:

carbon fib exh

alum footpegs

have a contest to see how far you can throw that retarded afterthought of a shift linkage mechanism into a lake and put on an alum shifter

is there an alum rear brake pedal like on a MXer?

alum handlebars

mount the indicators into the front hood and relocate the key to the fender side (so you don't need a dash)

remove parking brake mechanism

hiper wheels

billet hubs

alum sprockets / x ring chain

billet throttle housing

alum upper a-arms

remove/replace clutch perch with single MX perch and relocate reverse ***'y somehow

alum grab bar / bumper

alum oil tank

alum airbox

anyone make an alum subframe?

how many engine covers/lids/doodads are available in billet and can be replaced?

how about switching to a single carb?

do they make lightweight spindles for the front?

wave rotors

even removing those fender warnings saves a couple ounces.

who needs skid plates lol

new f/r shocks, are they lighter than stock?

some seat covers are actually lighter and stronger than the stock vinyl

billet caliper and sprocket holders and alum axle nuts

new axle

are there lighter steering stems and tie rods available?

what about tires, I know MX tires are lighter than XC tires, right?

while you're dropping coin add stainless brake lines they won't save weight but will be cool

if you take off all the old stuff and weigh it side by side with the new stuff I'm certain there would be quite a difference - I know just an ounce here and there isn't a lot by itself but added together it's noticeable. Doing all this stuff (I don't know if some of it is even available for a Raptor) can be damn expensive though, who has money to do all that, NOT ME sadly :rolleyes:

rap 660
10-21-2006, 08:04 AM
dont get aluinmin pegs they ware out really fast