PDA

View Full Version : wimmer goes yellow

red4r
09-24-2006, 11:31 PM
wimmer is offically with suzuki now that pretty cool i guess... i was hopeing he would stick with honda tho...

Grant Casey
09-25-2006, 04:23 AM
yeah that sucks. whimmer should of stuck wit honda

450r51
09-25-2006, 06:38 AM
im glad wimmer got a factory deal the kid deffinatly earned it. now im a die hard honda fan, but i like seeing any privateer get picked up by a factory team, good job dustin and good luck next year.

only bad thing is we could see yellow go 1-2 this year:grr:

coolguy8769
09-25-2006, 10:13 AM
yamaha need to step it up!!! its startin to make me mad, because there are so many people ridin yfz and when they get good enough they all switch cause there is no future with yamaha cause they wont support their riders. now yes pat brown and travis spader was a step but IMO it wasnt a big enough one, they dont even have a big rig

450r51
09-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
yamaha need to step it up!!! its startin to make me mad, because there are so many people ridin yfz and when they get good enough they all switch cause there is no future with yamaha cause they wont support their riders. now yes pat brown and travis spader was a step but IMO it wasnt a big enough one, they dont even have a big rig

its sad because they each have there own rig....brown,ellis, and spader all pit under different tents, and they dont even act or look like a yamaha team, yes there bikes are the same, but thats it. and i wouldnt expect ellis to be riding blue next year.
;)

700bRad
09-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Im just sick of watching the same riders win over and over and over...... Its always Gust, Wimmer, and Natalie..... We need some more young guns like wimmer that can give the big dogs a run for there money.

450r51
09-25-2006, 12:08 PM
u just said u were sick of wimmer winning? and then u said u want wimmer to win?:huh

700bRad
09-25-2006, 12:18 PM
No read my post again..... I simply said its always Gust, Wimmer, and Natalie, but wimmer has been very good for our sport and would love to see another young rider like wimmer up there as well, challenging the the top riders. We need more people to step up like Wimmer did!

09-25-2006, 12:39 PM
I think that browns going to be on the podium alooooot more in 07

coolguy8769
09-25-2006, 01:26 PM
i agree, but i am prayin yamaha steps it up alittle for him, brown has always been one of my favortie riders

FourFiftyFour
09-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Wimmer definitely deserves it and I am glad that he got a deal with Suzuki. Suzuki really has their act together with support...whether it be factory or amateur race team support. Yamaha doesnt even want to put their name on our trailer and we are a really well known yamaha and suzuki dealership in a very large city.

I think that Wimmer and Gust will be a great team along with JJ still being active with Team Suzuki.

700bRad
09-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Yea Brown had some very promising performences this year. Spader did to if he got out the gate cleanly, but had some pretty bad luck playing defense. Another guy to watch for is Arno Jr. I like his enthusiasm and confidence. I agree with you all about Yamaha's lack of mx support. Look at GNCC though, Balance says jump and Yamaha says how high. Thats the way it seems anyways.

RaptorRacer45
09-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah but Ballance still uses his own Rig, an there is only 1 Competive Pro Yamaha Team in GNCC and thats the Ballance Brothers, everyone else is on Hondas (minus Yokely and Smiley)......Yamaha will eventually quit asskissin Vallentino Rossi and the bikes once they realize where the fans are....and thats gonna be ATV Racing!:D

z03n05
09-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by 700bRad
Im just sick of watching the same riders win over and over and over...... Its always Gust, Wimmer, and Natalie..... We need some more young guns like wimmer that can give the big dogs a run for there money.

Joe Byrd just won the championship:rolleyes:

Mean250r
09-25-2006, 05:12 PM
yamaha's support sucks.

TMSmx47
09-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Brown and yamaha have somethin cookin for next season.. Dont worry YFZ fans.. Pats my neighbor and I bust his balls about it all the time. I'm definitely excited for him next year though.

As for Dustin, he said it was basically a dream come true. He earned it. I told him it pi$$ed us Honda boys off though..lol.. Zuk *******s!

Warnerade
09-25-2006, 05:16 PM
suzuki is the only way to go

stocktires
09-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Good to hear, I wonder what Lawson is gonna do?

700bRad
09-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by z03n05
Joe Byrd just won the championship:rolleyes:

And he won it with consistency.... How could I forget Byrd!?

09-25-2006, 05:37 PM
As far as I'm concerned Suzuki is #1 right now. With the support and the LTR. If the LTR was released a couple months earlier I'd be riding yellow.

And for whoever said Wimmer should of stayed on a Honda...Why would he stay on a Honda, he wasn't getting any support from them, maybe a little, but Suzuki offered a 2 year factory contract. Wimmer deserved it.

700bRad
09-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Wow Wimmer and Gust are gonna be a force to be reckon with... I wonder if Smiley is gonna resign with Polaris? He hasnt been very productive since he hopped aboard the Outlaw.

RaptorRacer45
09-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes Smiley and Polaris are done after this season....he Raced the Outlaw in the 1st 2 Races since then hes been on a Predator and still not posting good results......im pretty sure hes Kawasakis Rider suprise for the 2007 Season

700bRad
09-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Yes that would be my guess. Just seems like he went down hill when he started riding elkas. If Kawi signs Smiley then look out competition, I think he would adapt well.

j_cyrus3
09-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Can't wait til Smiley gets back up in the top 5. I hope he makes it there, he was great rider before he got on that damn polaris.

Also can't wait to see the new KFX450 in action. Yokely did some testing back in the late 90's for Kawi did he not? The new quad is definately an XC quad from the looks. Glad to see they didn't just copy the LT-R. But the front end sure does look like it's from a YFZ450. Nice work from Kawi :macho

And as for wimmer, he deserves it, he put up a hell of a battle with Gust in the WSPA races. Wish Honda would have got off their *** and picked him up. Suzuki just might run 1-2 next season.

700bRad
09-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Yea Smiley was very competitive before Polaris. I do think Yamaha needs to step there game up though, do u think its because there to focused on Ballance's dynisty and have tunnel vision? Yama needs to provide some benefits and solid ground for there factory team. I sure hope Spader and Brown can pull it together and give zuki and honda a run for there money.

FHKracingZ
09-25-2006, 07:11 PM
your dumb if you think wimmer need'd the factory ride.. His family is totally loaded.. other people need the help , may not be as deserving but they could perform better on a factory bike.

z03n05
09-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
Good to hear, I wonder what Lawson is gonna do?

I heard that he has been approached by Kawasaki, but no deal has been made yet.

700bRad
09-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
your dumb if you think wimmer need'd the factory ride.. His family is totally loaded.. other people need the help , may not be as deserving but they could perform better on a factory bike.

Wow. Wimmer worked very hard to get that factory ride, and just because somebody else need help doesnt mean Honda is gonna throw the deal at them. Thats like a bum on the street, just because he is poor and lives under a news paper doesnt mean im gonna offer him a job or throw him a $20. If he wants a job he needs to get off his lazy *** and apply for work, this way he can "deserve" his money. Sure he loves what he does but Wimmer would be racing for nothing if he didnt need a factory ride. Who doesnt need a factory ride?

BlueZ440
09-25-2006, 08:00 PM
go wimmer

jrspawn
09-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Wow, im very glad to hear about dustin getting a factory ride, even though its with the dark side:devil: And he deserve's it, no matter what his family has or doesnt have, its regardless, he is one of the fastest riders out there and has proven it. Also i think Pat brown has something for this coming year, he also is one of the fastest out there, but has some very bad luck, i will be chearing him on this coming year. I guess ill be the first to start the rumor mill, so who will be sporting East Coast ATV in the pro class this coming year???????? Any ideas??????????? With dustin going factory and Gil taking a break this past year, what do you think?

Justin

Warnerade
09-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
your dumb if you think wimmer need'd the factory ride.. His family is totally loaded.. other people need the help , may not be as deserving but they could perform better on a factory bike. your a moron.

700bRad
09-26-2006, 07:38 AM
And hes putting that nicely... :ermm:

bradley300
09-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
Can't wait til Smiley gets back up in the top 5. I hope he makes it there, he was great rider before he got on that damn polaris.

actually, he was good until he started riding that yamaha, his results went back up when he got on the polaris, then went downhill when he got on the elkas

700bRad
09-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 700bRad
.....Just seems like he went down hill when he started riding elkas.....

:)