PDA

View Full Version : Chrome bore 250R Cyl

DezSled
09-24-2006, 04:31 PM
I received this cylinder recently and was given a couple details. Like it is a 2mm overbore making it a 251cc, also it requires cast iron faced rings not the standard rings that usually are ran w/ standard trx250r cylinders (cast iron sleeved). The bottom of the reed block was inscribed with some interesting details also. The right side of the cylinder has a drain bolt casting unlike a std trx250r cylinder also. Otherwise it looks just like a standard barrel just weighs less without the iron sleeve.
Just how rare is a cylinder like this (chrome bore) ?

DezSled
09-24-2006, 04:40 PM
another view

DezSled
09-24-2006, 04:43 PM
What brand of rings are available to run in a chrome bore cylinder? What piston? Wiseco, stock...?

deathman53
09-24-2006, 04:52 PM
you have one of marty hart's race cylinders. Marty Hart was a hrc racer back in the day. The hrc team was broken up in late 86 and the trikes and most of the parts went to the compactor also. Very few of the parts lived on and those went to people who knew the team very good. Consider yourself very lucky, I myself would love to have a hrc race trike, custom frame, swingarm, exhaust, front end, forks, most of the stuff that you couldn't get no matter who you knew.