PDA

View Full Version : Paducah?!

One_Bad_400
09-24-2006, 04:17 PM
so... whats going to happen?!?! this blows... good thing it was only a 4 hour trip... no no 16 or something...

also... how far were ya'lls trailers and trucks underwater when ya'll woke up/pulled up! our box was 2 feet under water... good thing it didnt get to the electrical..

bscill
09-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Got a call from fellow racers this morning about 6:00am telling the great news. i only live about 20 minutes from the track. i heard that Nace was gonna reschedule, but who knows.

300exQuadracer
09-24-2006, 06:05 PM
track sat morning

300exQuadracer
09-24-2006, 06:06 PM
parking lot

300exQuadracer
09-24-2006, 06:07 PM
another

300exQuadracer
09-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Mr Pritchard playin in the water

300exQuadracer
09-24-2006, 06:10 PM
the road away from the track

300exQuadracer
09-24-2006, 06:12 PM
everybody tryin to get outta the gates

bstuart
09-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the pics. I was hoping someone snapped a few. I pulled out Sat. about 1PM, thinking that if there was going to be a race Sunday, it would be too late for me to get back to work by Monday morn. Totally blows. Only 6 hours away for me, but the $170 to get in the gate kinda stings. Now thats an expensive night of camping!!

One_Bad_400
09-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
the road away from the track

oh that road was BAD!!! it went past my moms doors in her mini van... i was scared it was about to come threw.. lol... if i was in my truck! i'd be bawlin threw there having a blast... lol..

firefighterjosh
09-24-2006, 09:43 PM
OMG that is crazy stuff.

You *****'s you should have raced anyways:p

Just joking

7 speed
09-25-2006, 07:26 AM
A freind of mine (Frank Batista) came all the way from California to race that. So for you guys that drove 6 or so hours I don't feel so bad.
J/K Lol...

Yeah the weather was not in favor of the EDT series this year.
I am running it for 07 so I hope its better.

racinggrl5
09-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Ha! I live 40 mins, didnt even drive over or waste any money! I just waiting on a phone call for the OKAY. HEHE ...but that does suck for everyone

C-LEIGH RACING
09-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Yep, Paducah was an experience for us, drove 12 hours for a cook out friday & saturday evening. Never been to a race & had it cancelled because of flooding.

Jake,
You guys should have come over for the cook out, had deer stew friday night & steaks & homemade ice cream saturday night, had plenty left over both nights.
Neil

rustee
09-25-2006, 11:15 AM
drove 17 hrs from ny state. got back in 6am this morning. 2500 miles 450 in gas and no race. mother nature sucks and so does the weather man. before i left am sprnkles for friday and a chance of afternoon showers sat pm. mabee some were in the world but not in paducha. i in a way hope they dont resch dont know if i can get the time off and come up with enough cash to still make the trip.and dont feel like driving that trip again in a 2 week span it really suckeddddddddddddddd. any how thats my feeling . anyone else???? rustee

rustee
09-25-2006, 11:21 AM
and one more thing steve nace sucks as a promotor atva should find some one else. was there 30 minuts heard the weather for the rest of the weekend decided to try and head home asked for my 140.00 back 15 minuts after i gave it to him and was told i am beat the promotor does not give refunds. so i waited with all of you guys untill sunday.

gtownfiddys
09-25-2006, 02:17 PM
About the refunds. I don't know if anybody was actually stupid enough to sign up but I did hear that if you mailed in your wristband then they would send your money back. I don't know if that is true or not. 2 or 3 people told us before we left! Also heard that the water got so deep in the pits that on the back side of the track water was pouring over the concrete walls down into the infield. That was at around 12:30 when a friend left and he said there was only a handful of rigs left. It sucked!

300exQuadracer
09-25-2006, 02:25 PM
if they rescedule and you keep your wrist band you have a free pass in the gate but they dont have to reinburse a gate fee

rustee
09-25-2006, 02:31 PM
no definatly did not sighn up that was just the gate fees. no way was i giving them any more of my money untill i knew there would be a race.. but yea the whole thing sucked they should have pulled the plug on it saturday some of us with long drives could have gotten home sunday and went to work today. they knew the weather wasent going to get much better. dam there were even tornados. 4 inches of rain in a couple of hours how did they think they could clean that up with more rain forcasted for sat afternoon and sat nite. and they new this sat morning. by then there was so much water and no place to go.and you could not get any info from any of the staff they did not even want to talk to you. any way thats water under paducha now..rustee...

One_Bad_400
09-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by rustee
and one more thing steve nace sucks as a promotor atva should find some one else. was there 30 minuts heard the weather for the rest of the weekend decided to try and head home asked for my 140.00 back 15 minuts after i gave it to him and was told i am beat the promotor does not give refunds. so i waited with all of you guys untill sunday.

well they can't control the weather, BUT we talked to several people that live in paducah and they all said that area is know to be a flood zone! knowing that and seeing the amount of rain coming down saturday, they should have had the balls to call it! to risk somebody else's stuff worths hundreds of thousands of dollars is a pretty @$$hole thing to do! greed:rolleyes: :mad:

gbcap
09-25-2006, 02:39 PM
not giving refunds is assinine (spelling?)

you don't have a race you give back the money. period. no acceptions. 170 to get in the gate? what kinda race is this, nascar? how many people did you have?

the edt people should make the track give your money back. it isn't your fault m/n sucks. i would refuse to go back to that place if they acted like that.

bstuart
09-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Two adults + 3 kids = $170.00 What really chaps my ***** is that Steve & crew kept trying to get people to sign up all weekend. There are no refunds on sign ups either. So heres the situation -- Greedy promoter knows that the chances of actually having a race are pretty slim - continues to encourage people to stay and go ahead and sign up. "We're going to get you a race track, just hang in there" Yeah , right.

I asked why all the pro rigs were outside the gates when I got there Friday and was told that they holding them there to get them all in one area. BS - the pros knew better, they werent giving their gate fees until they knew more about the chances of racing. jmo

sandmanfl
09-26-2006, 09:34 AM
What now? If the past operation of Steve Nicks production was any indicator of when there is a decision about whether there is going to be a makeup date or just end the season as it stands. We should hear something by New Years. I hope for the last option if the rumor is true that he is not going to promote any more Nationals "YEA" > What difference two weeks make Het Rick racing in there first promotion for Nationals had a real professional operation and one of the best track operations on the circuit entrance fee 12.00 adult child $5.00 V.S. $30 that is a no brainier. ATV it is time to step up to the plate and end the season How about some info on the banquet or are we forgotten again. Just my 2 cents worth

palot
09-26-2006, 11:45 AM
the information on the banquet was posted on atva online several weeks ago.

sandmanfl
09-26-2006, 12:18 PM
That was posted on Sept 6 at the end of a story about MX banquet and the form for there awards dinner. It simply said that the dinner would be at the Airport Marriott on Oct 28 and that details would follow SHORTLY.A lot of people would like to know cost etc. especially in light of maybe making another 1600 mile trip for Paducah.I was wrong about taking to New Years to make a decision I guess there were too many T Shirts left to hawk>

300exQuadracer
09-26-2006, 02:54 PM
we had 12 adults with our team that = $480

but anyways i hope they do rescedule because some of us are just points out of a championship or the next higher position, it would suck to end the year like this on a bad note

C-LEIGH RACING
09-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Rescheduled race set for Oct 7th, but the C-Leigh team wont be there, Steve Nace wont get another chance to screw us.
Neil

arego
09-27-2006, 11:08 AM
How can they charge for a service and not provide and then refuse to refund the money. This should be looked into, something has to be illegal about him keeping the money. Gate fee or not, you paid the gate fee to get in to a race he couldn't provide, refunds should be mandatory...

racinggrl5
09-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by arego
How can they charge for a service and not provide and then refuse to refund the money. This should be looked into, something has to be illegal about him keeping the money. Gate fee or not, you paid the gate fee to get in to a race he couldn't provide, refunds should be mandatory...

A promoter can do just about anything they want. As long as you have ur wrist band you still get in for the Oct 7, which hopefully a race will be provided. Thats what happens in a rainout, you keep the wrist band so you can get through the gate next time.

rustee
09-27-2006, 02:18 PM
racinggrl5
you are absolutly right. our problem is we are 1100 mile away and if i were in your shoes i would also go back. still not sure what i am doing thou that was a very expensive trip.as well as long still tired of driving. as for the refund for people like us saving the wrist band dosent help us unless we travel again. the biggest thing that dose suck is the point implication we are doing well and hoped to finish in the top 3 but by not going we risk dropping at least one spot possiably 2. i know the rain is nobodys fault but it still sucks. i ck the weather before i left and they were calling for fiday am sprinkles and sat a chance of showers in the afternoon. hang the weather man!! but i am over it now anyway take care all. rustee.....................

bstuart
09-28-2006, 11:43 AM
I agree with racergrl5. The problem I have with it is this. When I left late Saturday, it was pretty much agreed that, best case scenerio, we would get started mid-morning Sun. That was if the rain stopped right away. It was still raining hours later, so I decided there was no way that we could race and get back home in time for work Mon morning and we left. The same pow wow also told me that the race would not be rescheduled, none of the pros wanted to come back and most of the "influentual" people were saying this should be the end. (No names mentioned - because I don't want to cause problems) We cut our wristbands off at a restuarant up the road without knowing anything about a rescedule, actually being told there won't be a reschedule. The weather caused this, but they way it was handled from the very begining was very unprofessional. Three years now at this facility, with this promoter and every one has been an absolute farce.

C-LEIGH RACING
09-29-2006, 01:53 AM
Maybe somebody needs to get in touch with Kenny Scrader & Dale Jr to let them know whats going on at their track, I bet they dont know anything about this crap.
Neil

racinggrl5
10-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Maybe somebody needs to get in touch with Kenny Scrader & Dale Jr to let them know whats going on at their track, I bet they dont know anything about this crap.
Neil

Well if you really what to know, they dont even want ATVs or M/C racing on the track. Long story, but it did screw the Midwest dirt track series up they had with the Atvs and M/c this year.

Higs
10-02-2006, 08:46 AM
PIR website says that they are still 5 ft under water, car races were cancelled this past weekend.

Higs

C-LEIGH RACING
10-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Higs, you guys going back ??

Wonder if the arm bands are transferable, if so we have three we would like to sell.
Gate for the weekend in the pits was 40.00 a head, we will take 32.00 per band.
Neil

300exQuadracer
10-03-2006, 03:27 PM
scalping bands, haha we'll be there headin out thurs, hopefully it isnt a mud hole there

tames9575
10-10-2006, 06:37 PM
hi every one . tom # 44 from open c class