PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust tip?

Hondarider282
09-24-2006, 03:34 PM
I have heard u can take the baffle out and put a new tip on??? If so, do u have to rejet it?, Does anyone have a sound clip or picture of one? Thanks. I dont really wanna pay that much for a slip on.

400eXr1d3rZ
09-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Get an HRC kit, yes you will have to rejet, lots of power. The bike is also alot louder.
http://www.hrcusa.com/images/trx450r-hrc-power-up-kit.jpg

the predator
09-24-2006, 05:41 PM
spend the $$ on a slip on...i have a full system i'd sell ya pretty cheap lrd pro4

firefighterjosh
09-24-2006, 10:59 PM
I would spend $300 on the HRC kit.

Hondarider282
09-25-2006, 12:43 PM
The thing with the hrc kit is u will loose low end power rite??? Due to the cam. I like low end power.

lumi
09-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Hondarider282
The thing with the hrc kit is u will loose low end power rite??? Due to the cam. I like low end power.

get a hrc kit without the cam on ebay, or buy it brand new , try it it out and if u dont like the hrc cam, get a hc2. great low end, and get a low end slip on.

-lumi

tltcracing
09-25-2006, 02:23 PM
get the HRC. its only a couple more dollars then most slip-ons and gives five time the power. the low end wont dissapoint you. you do have some taken off but hardly any at all.

ghott
09-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by tltcracing
get the HRC. its only a couple more dollars then most slip-ons and gives five time the power. the low end wont dissapoint you. you do have some taken off but hardly any at all.

I believe that you are referring to the HRC headpipe for the 06/07 HRC Kits.

I believe the topic starter is looking for the 04/05 HRC Kit, in which, the head pipe is not included. The only "exhaust part" included in the 04/05 HRC Kit is the End cap.

To answer the topic starters question:

The HRC Endcap can be purchased separately from the HRC Kit. I bought one off of ebay for about $40 a couple months ago. After installation, my R sounded much better. Removing the "peashooter" ridded the quad of a "sewing machine" like tame sound. It had a much deeper sound with the HRC End Cap installed, and I was very pleased with the $40 purchase. Installing the End cap alone does not require a re-jet.

The 04/05 HRC Cam is a Top end Cam. It loses a bit on the bottom of the RPM range, but the real gain is 8500rpms and up. Excellent peak overrev.

A great alternative for saving your bottom/midrange power is as follows:
-Purchase a Hot Cams Stage 2 (great allover gain) - $140
-Cut the Airbox Lid, Snorkle, and Breather-T yourself - FREE
-Purchase a FULL (not a slip-on, the real gain is in the head pipe) Rossier, DASA, HMF, Yoshi, or Sparks pipe when you're ready (Used - $300, New - $450)

That will save your bottom/midrange. I also believe that would satsify you greatly when compared to the HRC Cam.

Just my thoughts.

Hondarider282
09-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks for those great replies, i have a good idea of what to do now.

sunco
09-30-2006, 05:25 PM
I've been looking to here something like your conversation. I have a stock 04 & was looking for more power to help out @ the track. We ride trails & can do w/o the noise also. The HRC cap just might be a happy middle.

Does anyone know the DB ratings on a curtis sparks QC?