PDA

View Full Version : longtravel or stock rebuild?

ride300exrider
09-24-2006, 02:24 PM
i just got back into racing and all that freestyle stuff i was out today and decided i def have to drop the money on a new front end but dont know how much better a long travel end is over the stock rebuild and aftermarket arms. i here lots of people that say they liketheir rebuilds for the price but can do they compare to long travel? and any one have any thoughts on a good front end set up that wont kill the wallet?

thanks guys

clutt225
09-24-2006, 02:46 PM
I bought my bike used from a guy that wieghed a little less but was a lot more agresive. I don't know what a rebuild would feel like but my set up rocks. From what I hear this set up is not too badly priced in the US. I run on the front Houser long travel with Elka quad rate comp adjust no rebound, on the rear I run houser +1.25 swinger with Elka dual rate comp and rebound adjust, with Elka single link.

yellowzo3
09-24-2006, 05:06 PM
do you ride at tracks? im in nj also and dont know of any places to ride other than mx tracks and chatsworth. so i guess your getting into mx? if you are and your serious about it then i would save up for longtravel. if you just like to freeride and stuff then im sure the rebuilds would be great. and if your trying to save some money there are some good deals in the for sale section of course. good luck with the decision!

ride300exrider
09-24-2006, 05:17 PM
what part of jersey are u from
and yes im going to start racing again (MX) but ill still freeride here and their.

yellowzo3
09-24-2006, 06:12 PM
im in central new jersey...the only place really to ride around here is etown... and they dont even open the track to quads anymore...i think they have one more race for quads and then thats it.

ride300exrider
09-24-2006, 07:32 PM
anyone rode rebuilds and longtravel? are the rebuilds worth it or should i spend the extra money??

thanks guys trying to get some answers trying to order my **** by the end of the week