PDA

View Full Version : kfx cut-out

kfxracer
09-24-2006, 01:24 PM
I was ridin my 05 kfx (light jump,2-3 in. water puddles,and dirt) and the engine started cutting out.:confused: I slowed down and my engine died,and I couldn't get it to start.After 2-3 min. it started,I drove back to the shop to inspect the air filter because I just cleaned it and I thought it might have had too much oil.Nope,engine still ran bad.And then it hit me:eek: It rained hard,flooded my house,1-2 days ago.Could my engine toubles be from the cool (60-70 degree) ,dense air?It ran fine in the shop,started without choke as soon as I pressed the button and ran fine through the whole rpm range.Thanks!!!

BTW: I don't have the mods in my sig yet,they're comin in the mail,so right now my machine is totally stock.

jonboy
09-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Pull the hose off of your gas cap and see if it runs any better. There have been many people having problems with this issue. If it does run better you may have some mud or something inside it. A friend of mine actually had a spider up inside his so dont blow it out with your mouth! If that isnt it, you may try checking the connection on the Throttle Position sensor on the carb. You may also have bad gas. Or possibly something in the line from the tank to the carb. Hope this helps with troubleshooting your problem.

kfxracer
09-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks!I'll let you know if any of this works.

kfxracer
09-26-2006, 06:40 PM
It's bad gas.

jonboy
09-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Hey, Glad to here you're back up and going.:cool:

kfxracer
09-30-2006, 06:58 PM
thanks!!!

ZSNOW
09-30-2006, 07:04 PM
like before OLD gas...my z400 does the same thing on old gas