PDA

View Full Version : Need help "Aftermarket steering stem"

Raptor75
09-23-2006, 10:55 PM
wanted to know, if i bought a Aftermarket anti-vibe steering stem.

would I be able, to use my top clamp (Trail tech) with the supplied clamp.

reason i ask, is my top clamp, has the key switch and indicator lights.

Raptor75
09-23-2006, 10:58 PM
this the clamp, will it bolt up with the anti-vibe clamp (bottom part)

400exstud
09-24-2006, 07:16 PM
My guess would be yes, as long as they are both for the same size bars (7/8 or 1 1/8). I don't recall any change in the bolt spacing from stock to aftermarket.

Raptor75
09-24-2006, 08:35 PM
i heard the aftermarket anti-vibe stem, are a bit wider.

Raptor75
09-24-2006, 08:43 PM
i heard the aftermarket anti-vibe stem, are a bit wider.

awsomeaussies
09-24-2006, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't think they'd be any different... because I was using a Lonestar clamp on my stock stem, before I switched to Burgard. The only thing you'd have to do is switch the bolts out from the new Houser clamp along with the antivibe bushing. So it would make your trail tech one antivibe.

400exstud
09-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Take a minute to think of this. All handle bar manufactuers make there bars to fit a standard width which is standard for all machines. You can run yami, zuki, kawi, honda, or aftermarket bars with your stock clamp as long as they are 7/8. Now say that you get 1 1/8 bar risers, which add now width to your stem. You are still able to run 1 1/8 bars from all aftermarket companies because they all make their bars to fit your application.

Basically I am trying to say that the knurled part of the bars are all the same width.

Raptor75
09-26-2006, 01:05 AM
what i'm really saying is, that most aftermarket ant-vibe stems are wider (like a honda)

my Raptor stem is more narrow (bolt to bolt across)

my raptor is like 3 inches and hondas are 4 inches (please correct me if i'm wrong)

my friend has a Honda 400Ex, and his stock stem clamp is wider and my is more narrower.

i called around, and they said most anti-vibe clamps are based on a honda bolt pattern width????

i just don't want to relocate the key switch and indicators.

I'm looking- for a bolt on ready anti-vibe stem

Thanks everyone....