PDA

View Full Version : Chains and Sprockets?

TrapZ400
09-23-2006, 05:35 PM
What is the best chain and sprockets to get? I ride in a sand pit a lot and I need a chain and sprockets that will not wear down as fast as the stock ones.

krt400ex
09-23-2006, 05:38 PM
i would go with renthal. they r very good. get an o-ring chain to prevent sand and dirt from getting into the links and grinding it apart

rooster300ex
09-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Them primary drive sprockets & there sprocket kits from rocky mountain are hard to beat.

400eXr1d3rZ
09-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
Them primary drive sprockets & there sprocket kits from rocky mountain are hard to beat.

Yep, thats what i have Primary Drive Front Sprocket, 15 dollars shipped.

firefighterjosh
09-25-2006, 02:20 AM
If you don't mind spending some mula I heard Sidewinder are great!

Wildbrain
09-26-2006, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
If you don't mind spending some mula I heard Sidewinder are great!

DON'T waste your $$$$$$$ on Sidewinder products !!!!!
Biggest POS on the market.
That is the ONLY chain that has ever left me stranded on the trail.
:cuss:

firefighterjosh
09-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Wildbrain
DON'T waste your $$$$$$$ on Sidewinder products !!!!!
Biggest POS on the market.
That is the ONLY chain that has ever left me stranded on the trail.
:cuss:

What happened? I don't have any experince with them but I heard there titanium products last and last.

Wildbrain
09-26-2006, 03:08 AM
I bought into all there hype about "This is the last chain and sprocket you may ever have to buy".
Spent about $350.00 on one of there 14,000lb ti-molly ATV chains, front and rear sprocket and there chain lube.
After about 5hr riding time the chain broke.
Not at the master link where I thought it would seperate, but right in the middle of the chain.
I wrote to the company about what happened and expeced that they would try to tell me that it was not installed properly or some other lame excuse.
I never even got a response from them about anything.
I will never do any business with any company that won't stand behind there products the way that Sidewinder just blows you off that way !!!
I did like there chain lube though, but I will NOT spend any more of my $$$ with those people ever again !!!!!!!!
Also one of my buddies had one of there chains on his bike and it broke too.
The ONLY chains that I have seen just flat out brake in all the years that I have been riding. Sidewinder = Overpriced POS

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: