PDA

View Full Version : What is a good starting point for go fast goodies...??

EX Stud
09-01-2002, 10:41 PM
I just got my 2002 400EX and i was wondering what is some relatively simple things to help give my EX a little more go...for my first mod anyways

Maybe a K&N Jet kit......to get more air in there..or a pipe

THat is about all i know help me out

tayz34
09-01-2002, 10:51 PM
ya the first thing i did was get a k and n filter. then you will want to take the air box lid off, and then you will need to rejet. i just got the filter and then got the pipe and jet kit after a wile and then took the lid off so i diddent have to rejet 2 times. so this is what i would do

1. k and n
2. pipe and jet kit and take lid off

that is waht i did and it was good for me
i would rekomend getting a water prover outer wear to put on your fiter and i got one that go's over the air box too and it works well. hope you got some help

mac t

AIM=tayz88

09-02-2002, 12:37 AM
I would try to get all three if possible. You might be able to even get a package deal on a pipe, air filter, and jet kit. The three really compliment each other. fuel,incoming air, and outgoing air all should jive with each other. For more bottom end I would go with shorter tires 18x11x8 rear tires and 20x6x10 fronts. Not for being faster, but a premium set of handlebars can be picked up for a reasonable price, and they will make a big difference. The best mod is shocks. A good set of shocks will make all the difference in the world, but they are usually expensive. Good luck with whatever you do. Keep us posted.

eldoexrider01
09-02-2002, 12:38 AM
1st of all check ur throttle slack and make sure its opening up all the way. ( listen for it to click in the carb on WOT. then i usually turn it back a lil so it wont cuz i streched mine and it was gettin ready to break. all of what dude said above. im tryin not to say things over and over. but if you put exrider.com stickers on ur ride then it will outrun a top fuel dragster!!!!!!!:D :devil