PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Kfx450r Atv

Ralph
09-23-2006, 01:34 PM
For anyone that did not see it on the homepage...

http://www.atvriders.com/images/recentnews/2008kawasakisportkfx450r.jpg

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/kawasaki/2008/kawasakikfx450atvfront200.jpg

Full Kawasaki KFX450R ATV Article Here! (http://www.atvriders.com/atvmodels/kawasaki2008kfx450ratv.html)

Mean250r
09-23-2006, 01:40 PM
looks kile a over grown raptor if u ask me, ill stick with my yfz looks wise, but idk how it performs

Ralph
09-23-2006, 01:49 PM
I think this thing has the potential to do well with anything you throw at it. Ignore the looks. It may not be your thing but thats always how it is with new quads and then they grow on you. Some people didnt like the yfz or 450r looks either when it came out. I think its a great thing for our sport and it will help keep things moving foward.

HB416EX
09-23-2006, 01:49 PM
I am deciding between 450R and LTR . I was waiting to see how the KFX looked.I dont like the plastics the lights wheels frame. I have no intreset in this bike.

Ralph
09-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Whats wrong with the wheels and the frame if i may ask?

Ralph
09-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Take the short cut to the circuit with the all-new Kawasaki KFX®450R ATV. This high performance machine doesn’t require extensive and expensive modifications to make it race-ready, because it already includes all the race-winning performance and technology required for success straight out of the crate.

The KFX450R’s design incorporates everything riders need to win races. Every component was chosen to maximize performance on the track or in the woods and to minimize the fuss of getting there. This highly advanced racing ATV comes with all the performance and technology necessary to put riders at the head of the pack.

The KFX450R ATV uses a powerplant based on Kawasaki’s highly acclaimed KX™450F motocross engine. With the addition of an efficient and highly-responsive 32-bit digital fuel injection system, the KFX450R’s engine produces more torque in the low and medium rpm ranges for outstanding hole-shot acceleration. The use of fuel injection helps ensure that the engine’s performance remains consistent and is virtually unaffected by changes in temperature or altitude. This ATV’s ability to find traction is superb, and its four-stroke torque helps keep the wheels hooked-up for improved handling and higher corner speeds. Other race-ready features include a lightweight titanium exhaust header pipe and a durable forged piston.

Winning at the track depends on a chassis that’s built to handle tough race conditions. The KFX450R offers the full benefits of an all-aluminium frame, combining exceptionally light weight with the extreme stiffness needed to win races. However, it isn’t just advanced materials that give the KFX450R its race-winning edge. The front suspension design incorporates extremely long lower A-arms mounted to a single box-section lower frame tube. This results in outstanding response from the front-end. At the rear is a cast aluminium swingarm that provides the ideal balance of flexibility and rigidity resulting in unparalleled traction. The high-tech chassis also features a very low center of gravity and excellent roll resistance. Regardless of changing conditions or rough track surfaces, this race-oriented chassis makes the KFX450R a potent weapon in the battle for ATV supremacy.

Competition-oriented equipment, including the only reverse gear in its class,helps keep the KFX fast and reliable. Previously unheard of in racing, the KFX 450R’s lightweight reverse system lets riders quickly extricate themselves from first turn chaos or dead-end trails. This important feature means on-track incidents (like getting nosed-into a wall) no longer result in an early retirement from the race.

Kawasaki has also made the KFX450R easy to work on, so riders can concentrate on winning instead of wrenching. The two-piece front and rear “lapped” fenders make it possible to replace sections separately if they get damaged. Even the headlight assembly is quickly detachable for closed-course races, and the compactdesign means that the ATV looks just as aggressive with or without headlights. These features leave little doubt that the new KFX450R was designed to get its rider on the racetrack and winning races as quickly as possible.

The KFX450R was developed concurrently with a full line of accessories. Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers or they can be purchased on the Internet at www.kawasaki.com.

As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.

Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft and utility vehicles through a network of more than 1,500 independent retailers, with an additional 7,700 retailers specializing in power products and general purpose engines. KMC and its affiliates employ nearly 2,400 people in the United States, with 400 of them located at the Irvine, California headquarters.

Kawasaki’s tagline, “Let the good times roll. ”, is recognized worldwide and the brand has become synonymous with powerful, stylish motorcycles for over four decades. Information about Kawasaki’s complete line of recreational products and Kawasaki affiliates can be found on the Internet at www.kawasaki.com

Ralph
09-23-2006, 02:33 PM
~Race-winning performance right from the crate
~Rigid, light-weight all-aluminum frame is a class exclusive
~Racing-style chassis with single box tube lower frame
~Closer lower A-arm pivot points help reduce bump steer and lengthen suspension travel
~Competition-oriented reverse gear is a class exclusive
~Keihin fuel-injection with 42mm throttle body
~Plenty of low-mid range torque for higher cornering speeds and unbeatable handling
~Front and rear fenders feature two-piece construction for easy replacement
~Easily detachable front headlights
~Petal rear brake rotor for more efficient braking performance
~Renthal FAT-BAR is held by a clamp that can accommodate other MX handlebar designs

Ralph
09-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Is anybody having problems getting the pics to show up in the article? They dont show up on the laptop for some reason.

Well just incase heres a few good ones...

The KX450F Motocross derived Engine is fed by Keihin fuel-injection with a 42mm throttle body
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/kawasaki/2008/kawasakikfx450atvrightengine.jpg

Mxjunkie
09-23-2006, 02:51 PM
I want to look into one, it seem's like a badass wood's machine :cool:

Ralph
09-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Very Nice White Color Scheme!
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/kawasaki/2008/kawasakikfx450white.jpg

Ralph
09-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Cant go wrong with the black, hopefully kawasaki wont hold out on us too long and send us some pics with the headlights and plastics removed. I think it should look sick like that!

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/kawasaki/2008/kawasakikfx450atvfrontleftblack.jpg

Ralph
09-23-2006, 02:56 PM
I think the motocross riders are gonna have alot of fun trimming the fenders. Imagine the different things you could do.

You could trim off some of the green nose sides and give it a skinny beak and then flare out the fenders with the black pieces removed..

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/kawasaki/2008/kawasakikfx450atvfrontleft.jpg

09-23-2006, 02:57 PM
I think it will look alot more sick with 18's in the rear and 20's up front.

Ralph
09-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Look at the frame where the lower a-arms mount. That makes me think of the old aftermarket high end 250r chassis with the skinny lower frame rails.

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/kawasaki/2008/kawasakikfx450atvlefthub.jpg

Ralph
09-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Is it just me or do those a-arm balljoints look removable?

Honda400exrox
09-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Am I the only one on here that thinks the quad looks good and will be a sick quad

CHEVYZ
09-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Sick quad... most likely. Can't say I like the looks, though.

CannondaleRider
09-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Looks pretty impressive.

Finally, another aluminum framed AND fuel injected bike.

The lower A-arm mount system is very wierd, interesting though.

Can't wait to see it in action or ride one.:macho

MoToX199
09-23-2006, 04:31 PM
i think its looks aweome! :D have to see how they are in a year form after they come out,haha i might be lookin to trade my dvx in for one

Pappy
09-23-2006, 04:41 PM
any idea on when it will hit the showroom floor?

Mxjunkie
09-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
any idea on when it will hit the showroom floor?

That and a price on that bad boy....

I'm really wanting one in black :devil:

Ruby Soho
09-23-2006, 05:02 PM
i like it, alot.

Xater
09-23-2006, 05:41 PM
i think the head lights removed would make it look 100x better!
that just might be one of my quads in the next few years.

KiethShwiggy300
09-23-2006, 06:10 PM
The black looks sick

CHEVYZ
09-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Damn... one day and the looks are already starting to grow on me LOL. Now it isn't looking SO bad. :blah:

jc250r31
09-23-2006, 06:44 PM
they look like they definitely paid attention to the Roll Design Lobo chassis 250R on the front of the frame. That looks like almost exactly how the Roll bikes were.

09-23-2006, 07:22 PM
I like it. Loose the headlights and it would look sooo much better. It almost looks like a 450r and a YFZ from the side.

WILSONatv
09-23-2006, 07:35 PM
had to do someting to it

WILSONatv
09-23-2006, 07:38 PM
more

BlasterEaten250
09-23-2006, 07:40 PM
I actually like it, the black fenders on green was kindof weird to me at first but its starting to look a little better.

y3llow400ex
09-23-2006, 07:47 PM
i like everything but the headlights.

250ex13
09-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by y3llow400ex
i like everything but the headlights.

watts16
09-23-2006, 09:35 PM
I Like It:D :p
Ill wait and see what honda does for 08 though.

Ralph
09-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Look at the lower frame rail on this Walsh Race Craft CRF450 custom chassis and then look at the KFX450R Chassis. I really like how they Kawasaki something diff from all the other oem's and something that the aftermarket companies have been doing for years!

http://www.wrcracing.com/shop/images/chs-crf.jpg

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/kawasaki/2008/kawasakikfx450atvlefthub.jpg

MAaudioX10
09-24-2006, 01:07 AM
I like it a lot. I could see myself on one of those in the future.

Ralph
09-24-2006, 01:17 AM
can anybody clearly understand how the front lower a-arm mount works???:confused:

Grant Casey
09-24-2006, 03:51 AM
can't wait to c it in action nice quad ( can't say i like the looks though.

cheers

450RGNCC
09-24-2006, 06:39 AM
The lower a-arms look like they will have two little tabs that slide into the bushing and then bolt on (look at the little thing that I drew). Also, I noticed that the resevoir for the rear braking system is part of the master cylinder, not a big deal, but just an observation.

Ruby Soho
09-24-2006, 07:17 AM
didnt it say they're using renthal bars stock too?

and dont those rear rims look like baja's on the inside?

Jeffksf
09-24-2006, 07:18 AM
It says the battery is mounted in front of the engine, but I don't see it?

That thing looks hot, plus with all the standard features it comes with, deffinetly a front runner.

kawi_kfx13
09-24-2006, 07:46 AM
i love all the stuff it comes with and i no its gona have a lot of power and be out there...im just not inpressed with the front plastic...idk why it just looks so coppied but i also like the rims there somthin diff with all the wholes...and the tires look diff the the stock kfx400 tires

TOPDAWG
09-24-2006, 09:35 AM
This should be put in the proper section :macho

PolarisRider
09-24-2006, 09:48 AM
I like it. Alot.

Blue250X
09-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Absolutly (sp?) love the black

TOPDAWG
09-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Imagine it in orange!

http://www.fearmaiden.net/kfx450/orangekfx450.jpg

CHEVYZ
09-24-2006, 10:37 AM
For some reason that orange looks awesome to me.

jrspawn
09-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Hey ralph, you took the words out of my mouth with the walsh front end. It about time the narrow front ends came back!!! Walsh and even roll had used the race proven design for a long time, i fell that the design out performs anything else out there hands down. So seeing that these OEM manufactors are starting to use some of the aftermarket designs makes me a very happy person:D Maybe, just maybe one day there might be an OEM quad with the CR500 link setup, narrow front, and good ol 250r bodywork. It jsut a dream:blah:

Justin

TOPDAWG
09-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Hey ralph, you took the words out of my mouth with the walsh front end. It about time the narrow front ends came back!!! Walsh and even roll had used the race proven design for a long time, i fell that the design out performs anything else out there hands down. So seeing that these OEM manufactors are starting to use some of the aftermarket designs makes me a very happy person:D Maybe, just maybe one day there might be an OEM quad with the CR500 link setup, narrow front, and good ol 250r bodywork. It jsut a dream:blah:

Justin

Same here...was thinking same as soon as I saw the pic.

Ralph
09-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Here is a QUICK, Rough Idea on how it could look without the lights on and a little trimming of the fenders...

300extreme#8
09-24-2006, 12:53 PM
i think with afew add on its goin to look good

300extreme#8
09-24-2006, 01:15 PM
ok i must be really bored, but i love playing around in paintbrush

Ralph
09-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Closer view of the a-arm mount. I dont see why they would have done it like this unless it was a better design so i think its very cool. It seems like they have really payed alot off attention to detail instead of making just another clone...

250ex13
09-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
ok i must be really bored, but i love playing around in paintbrush Lol, you've go to be the best paintbrusher I've ever seen lol

450robot
09-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Closer view of the a-arm mount. I dont see why they would have done it like this unless it was a better design so i think its very cool. It seems like they have really payed alot off attention to detail instead of making just another clone...

its gonna be interesting seeing how that holds up, it might be better. but as i look right now, bolts holding on one of the stress points on a frame doesnt sounds very cool

although props for the efi, aluminum frame, and awsome looks

protraxrptr17
09-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Most heavy duty trucks have suspension components that mount up the same way. Check your footpegs. Most are bolted on with threaded bosses, unless you ride a 250r or a motorcycle.

troutman561
09-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by watts16
I Like It:D :p
Ill wait and see what honda does for 08 though.

Most likely a bold new frame color and different color flame graphics.... Hopefully they will do something but for some reason i see the 450r as being the last of the 450's to go FI or aluminum frame if even at all... and if they do it wont be till like 2011.. honda likes to wait... but hopefully im wrong and if i am.. good!

Tom TRX250R
09-24-2006, 09:27 PM
I like the looks of it with the headlight removed and plastic shaved. It should be a good contender in the 450 class. I do agree with the above comment, Honda lately seems to really WAIT for modding their quads out. They will continue for a couple years doing a different graphic kit or another available color of plastic. If only quads had the R&D that dirtbikes had!!!

Ralph
09-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Honda takes their time because they know they are the best and arent willing to jeapordize that by releasing something they arent 110% happy with

jcv400ex
09-25-2006, 07:25 AM
Honda takes their time because they know they are the best and arent willing to jeapordize that by releasing something they arent 110% happy with

GM and Ford thought that too........then, Toyota creeped up real quick! Honda is in trouble.....They're machines are mediocre at best and sales numbers are starting to show this.

Now if Kawi can keep the sale price under $7,000, it'll be a big seller.

Ralph
09-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
GM and Ford thought that too........then, Toyota creeped up real quick! Honda is in trouble.....They're machines are mediocre at best and sales numbers are starting to show this.

Now if Kawi can keep the sale price under $7,000, it'll be a big seller.

If you are strictly racing then you might be on to something. What you dont take into account is that(i believe) the majority of atv's sold never see a racetrack and are just trailridden and recreationally rode for their lifespans.

This is where reliability shines. Most riders wont show much progress between most atv's except for the actual feel of the quad and how comfortable they are on it. Other than that most riders still ride below the atv's abilities.

If i were to buy any quad for the farm or a bunch of property around it would be a honda just because of the good experience i have had with them, (Low maintenance with long life), and the contrary of other brands.

Now this doesnt mean that just because a company made poor atv's at one point in time they are predetermined to make poor atv's for ever. But the chance of a company making reliable atv's and then suddenly showing a big drop in quality is rather low being that it is what the company has always strived itself in.

as in ford chevy vs. toyota. Ive always thought fords were crappy and made poorly and that toyotas on the other hand could run for 250,000 miles without much cost

CannondaleRider
09-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
didnt it say they're using renthal bars stock too?

and dont those rear rims look like baja's on the inside?

You can see that they're using Renthals in the pictures.

I don't understand how they look like Bajas in any way. Theres holes in the center part of the wheel.....but thats not something the Bajas have.

Originally posted by Jeffksf
It says the battery is mounted in front of the engine, but I don't see it?

Look again dude....In front of the engine.......theres a little black box....battery

I like seeing the Cannondale design ideas implemented into it....pretty cool

wishmasstir
09-25-2006, 08:26 AM

this design seems good to me, have you ever egg shaped an a-arm mount? this would stop that but the strength of the bolts would come into play. i wonder if they go through the entire frame and have a nut on the other side. threading into aluminum and taking a force of say, a tree stump just seems like it would destroy the threads.

this quad seems like it will be a great contender in the 450 race. it has many features that stand out and the motor is already proven on the mx track. its nice that they went on their own with the design, hopefully it'll hold up

Ralph
09-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Some of the downsides i see is that if you were to trash one of these frames alluminum is harder to weld and the frame would be much more to replace. Ive never heard of this being a problem on the c-dales so i dont think it will be a huge problem but its deff something for someone more serious.

it seems like it would be a good design to make it attach to the other side to transfer stress but im sure they have theirs figured out. Does anyone know what frames like this are usualy structured like on the inside? Is it just square tubing(mainly the lower frame rail) or does it have inner supports/splines etc?

Ralph
09-25-2006, 09:05 AM
I completely missed this part,

"Optional kick-start system is available for MX-style (GNC) races where light weight is a priority"

09-25-2006, 09:22 AM
I think it will feal nose heavy and i thought the suziki looked bad stock that thing looks worse. Next articat will have the same thing out with in next year.

Whats the spec's on it? Looks kind of tippy.

Damb quads are starting to look like the ones in atv offroad fury 3:confused: :scary:

I like the frame though. I think this is the first time Kawi had something better than the comp.

09-25-2006, 09:27 AM
So what pros you all think will be riding one of these?

Ralph
09-25-2006, 10:08 AM
hard to tell. I know kawi has had several riders testing them so im sure there will be some big names goin green this year.

09-25-2006, 10:26 AM
hard to tell. I know kawi has had several riders testing them so im sure there will be some big names goin green this year.

I know of one pro that will be riding one but cant think of his name. He's from down south cause i can tell by the way he talks. He was on a kfx 400(450cc) and will now abvisly be on the new 450.

How differant is the motor compaired to the suziki? To me it seems like its a lot a like except for the kawi has reverse.

Is the new kawi 4 valve or 5? Isn't the suziki 5 valve?

I dont think many pros will be riding one. It seems like the order of what you see most is yamaha/honda/suziki/kawi/. Maybe it meens something :confused:?

I bet now soon the yfz will come out with a aluminum frame and fuel injected and suziki will be right behind it.

Toadz400
09-25-2006, 12:23 PM

Looks like it'll be a lot easier to remove the a-arms now.

I think it looks awesome, I don't care if it's ugly or not it looks like it'll definately perform well. Aren't we all about pushing the sport further and enjoying it? I didn't know quads were all about looking the best...am I on a fashion magazine website?:confused: ;)

Slow - The engine isn't anything like the Suzuki, they aren't sharing designs anymore. This engine is based off the KX450F and the EFI sounds like it'll actually do a good job, unlike the "EFI" on the Suzuki. The Kawasaki is 4 valve, once again they are not sharing designs with Suzuki anymore. It all depends on how much Kawasaki is willing to pay someone to race on their quads. That's all the Pro's go for is who pays the most. It really doesn't matter what machine a Pro is on, they are excellent at what they do. As for the amateur class, we'll just have to wait and see how it performs and if people will stray away from being brand loyal.

09-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Looks like it'll be a lot easier to remove the a-arms now.

I think it looks awesome, I don't care if it's ugly or not it looks like it'll definately perform well. Aren't we all about pushing the sport further and enjoying it? I didn't know quads were all about looking the best...am I on a fashion magazine website?:confused: ;)

Slow - The engine isn't anything like the Suzuki, they aren't sharing designs anymore. This engine is based off the KX450F and the EFI sounds like it'll actually do a good job, unlike the "EFI" on the Suzuki. The Kawasaki is 4 valve, once again they are not sharing designs with Suzuki anymore. It all depends on how much Kawasaki is willing to pay someone to race on their quads. That's all the Pro's go for is who pays the most. It really doesn't matter what machine a Pro is on, they are excellent at what they do. As for the amateur class, we'll just have to wait and see how it performs and if people will stray away from being brand loyal.

yeah but istill think the motors will be alike

R450HQ
09-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by slow
yeah but istill think the motors will be alike

All 450 motors are similar, except for the honda... not sure what your getting at.

hsr
09-25-2006, 04:23 PM
titanium header, wave brake rotor, fuel injection, race worthy suspension components...just be greatful for all of this. Think back 5 years ago when all you had was a 400ex that you had to sink $15,000 into!!!

700bRad
09-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Im getting ready to get another 450, but I dont know if I should wait for the KFX450 or not. Afterall its a first year quad and I dont know if I could trust another first year quad. I might have got lucky with my 700r though. Do you think this thing will be reliable the first year out? I hope Kawi does alot of diagnostic's on this machine before they release it.....

09-25-2006, 05:43 PM
dannnng Kawasaki stepped it up. Yamaha probably has something up their sleeves for 08. As for Honda, who knows, maybe 2010.

We're in the middle of an ATV revolution right now.

FasstMidnightZ
09-25-2006, 05:46 PM
I really like the 450, I also like the idea of mainly aimed towards xc. ;) Good job Kawi.

Ralph
09-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Oh the boredom...

TOPDAWG
09-26-2006, 05:58 AM
DEALER PICS HERE! (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2486389#post2486389)

Quad18star
09-26-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by TOPDAWG
DEALER PICS HERE! (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2486389#post2486389)

Those are some sweet pictures . I just wish it had full rear fenders .

I think I just found my next sport quad ... electric start , efi , reverse ..... I've died and gone to heaven !!!:D

TOPDAWG
09-26-2006, 07:09 AM
My favorite now I think is the COPS Edition (lol...made that up of course).

http://www.fearmaiden.net/kfx450/kfx450a011.jpg

Doober
09-26-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by TOPDAWG
My favorite now I think is the COPS Edition (lol...made that up of course).

http://www.fearmaiden.net/kfx450/kfx450a011.jpg

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: thats looks sweet

700bRad
09-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Where did you get the dealer show pix at?

09-26-2006, 07:48 AM
Were suziki and kawi still togeather when they made the 450 dirt bikes?

TOPDAWG
09-26-2006, 08:51 AM
No...Kawasaki and Suzuki aran't together anymore.

This motor is based on the all Kawasaki 450 motocross bike. Best motor in 06 and many say they made it godly for 07.

There's a new Sherrif in town!

http://www.fearmaiden.net/kfx450/Sheriff.jpg

rbgnwa45
09-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Oh hell naw :huh I wouldn't want to see cops patrolling on new kfx's...nonone is safe!! :devil: I don't necessarily like the look of this new quad, I do prefer YFZ styling, but the fenders are pretty slick. The rear fenders remind me of the c-dales. Does this thing come in kickstart/elec. start models like the Honda? Removable front fenders like the DVX?

09-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
Oh hell naw :huh I wouldn't want to see cops patrolling on new kfx's...nonone is safe!! :devil: I don't necessarily like the look of this new quad, I do prefer YFZ styling, but the fenders are pretty slick. The rear fenders remind me of the c-dales. Does this thing come in kickstart/elec. start models like the Honda? Removable front fenders like the DVX?

Maier will probably come up with something to make it look better. If I baught the kawi i would try to fit 400ex race plastic on it.

700bRad
09-26-2006, 10:03 AM
I personally think it looks wicked. Nobody ever likes the way new bikes look. Look at the ltr, everyone thought it was ugly when it first came out, now people are cool with it.

Plante400
09-26-2006, 11:23 AM
it will be nice without fenders.

Plante400
09-26-2006, 11:29 AM

Toadz400
09-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
Does this thing come in kickstart/elec. start models like the Honda? Removable front fenders like the DVX?

It seems like the front and rear fenders are removable to some point. They do mention that kickstart is an option for MX/GNC racers.

Rip_Tear
09-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by slow
Next articat will have the same thing out with in next year.

Arctic Cat is Suzuki...

I think it looks pretty mean and sweet! I might have to try one if thier in Canada for this spring...

yam450_53
09-27-2006, 08:03 PM
a few changes...

rbgnwa45
09-28-2006, 06:15 AM
DIZZZZOPPPPEE :macho :D

freakystone
09-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Obviously too early to talk about how it compares to the other 450's but I really like the specs and the looks...