PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Sport 400 help

focus3581
09-23-2006, 08:03 AM
I have a 98 Polaris Sport 400 that I had just bought about two weeks ago. THe first time we went out riding I was getting on it going across an open field when all of a sudden it died on me. We took out the spark plug and found it was fouled out. So I replaced that and ever since I haven't been able to get it to start again. This is my first atv that I have owned and I am not sure what else to check to see why it won't start. Any suggestions?

<DRS>GPF
09-23-2006, 08:19 AM
is the plug wet? (getting fuel..?)

will the plug spark if you lay it against the motor and crank it over? (getting fire..?)

do yourself a favor, get a blockoff plate and start mixing your own fuel.. itll save you a rebuild one day..

focus3581
10-04-2006, 05:29 PM
It is getting fuel cause the plug is wet. But there is no spark. I did get a brand new ignition coil because I was told that it would be the cause of it not getting spark but that didn't solve the problem. Any other suggestions?

focus3581
10-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Also the person I bought it from did bypass the oil injection but didn't use a blockoff plate. Just kinda rigged something up. I've been mixing my own fuel. Thanks for the idea though.