PDA

View Full Version : scred up good

Pappy
09-22-2006, 05:56 PM
I went and got acid in both my eyes today. i have been fiushing them but it aint helping so good. if im not on much the next fewd sy yall no why. i cant see so good:(

WhiteZrider
09-22-2006, 05:59 PM
ohh that sucks, i was at mcdonalds with my dad once and this girls car died, so my dad trying to jump her battery and it exploded in his face, his eyes hurt and stuff

Hopes your eyes get better

Pappy
09-22-2006, 06:02 PM
it was batry acid. a bije battery vented on me while i was filling it. straight frsh acid from a new 5 gallon box. 16 years in this biusiness and only the 2nd time ive ever got it in my eyes. i drove hom after work one eyed as the right eye was swollne shut. i took some killers and jus woke upo and every thing is preety blurry but its open now. left eye is still burining and scratchy but clearin upo

i must be preety loopy cus cody said i aint tyong tio good nether:p

WhiteZrider
09-22-2006, 06:04 PM
lol i can tell your eyes arent good with your spelling lol jk :p

Scro
09-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Ahhh, you'll get well soon:macho Yeah, you aren't typing very well...lmao:p

Pappy
09-22-2006, 06:06 PM
yeahs orry boyt that. im ok in the head just cant see well now

dustin, cody said your quad was done and looks great. i will take a look at it but wont respond in the threadtill i can see it.

red
09-22-2006, 06:06 PM
ouch:eek2:

Scro
09-22-2006, 06:08 PM
When you can see again, take a look at your old frame:D

Codeman
09-22-2006, 07:14 PM
He is doing better, however, it looks NASTY! He should be okay, but it will take a while for it to fully heal.

We're laughing because he looks like a stumbling drunk!:devil:

Nick110
09-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Get better Pappy, you cant take good pics when you cant see.:p

Pappy
09-22-2006, 07:29 PM
you cant see and stumbl e a few tomes and you get made fun of:grr:

JOEX
09-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
you cant see and stumbl e a few tomes and you get made fun of:grr:

JOEX
09-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Take care of them eyeballs, we need them;) :cool:

Pappy
09-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Get better Pappy, you cant take good pics when you cant see.:p

no doubt. when it happened the custemer screamed...lol i told him to help me fimd the sink and i started crawling towards there. i heard the water running but i couldnt see nothin. i hollerd out and he said im at the sink...lol i know the warehoese good but it was hard finding my way with no sight.

the worst if over now. other then it still burning and the cloudy vison. if you ever had welders flash this is about 10 times worse excpt th epain goes way faster.

no worryin nout the pics;)

wilkin250r
09-22-2006, 07:52 PM
On second thought, Pappy, I'm not in a big hurry. If your typing is any indication of your attention to detail, you can PC those parts when you're eyesight returns, I don't want them coming out bright pink camo...

Nick110
09-22-2006, 07:55 PM
no doubt. when it happened the custemer screamed...lol i told him to help me fimd the sink and i started crawling towards there. i heard the water running but i couldnt see nothin. i hollerd out and he said im at the sink...lol i know the warehoese good but it was hard finding my way with no sight.

the worst if over now. other then it still burning and the cloudy vison. if you ever had welders flash this is about 10 times worse excpt th epain goes way faster.

no worryin nout the pics;)

Pshh who ever that 584 guy was, he was slowin me up.:blah:

Pappy
09-22-2006, 07:56 PM
i know and i pologise, i cant see crap right now:D cody typed a few replies to pms for me and helded mkae that jesse get well thread. i was going to have him just type all this but scre it.

cool 300ex
09-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Get well soon pappy. But battery acid can't you loose your vision from that? I know it's nothing to play with!

coolguy8769
09-22-2006, 09:08 PM
wow pappy get well soon, seems like everyone is gettin hurt!! i think all us cripples need to get together or somethin, i think i have heard of a good 10 stories this week:ermm:

Jeff

09-22-2006, 09:15 PM
what a cowinki dinkie, I just got battery acid in my eye about a month back. i was doing scrap metal(odd job) and relocating about 2 tons of car batteries with my friends. I threw one of the batteries down and it splat in my eye. Pappy if you dont go to the er you will be an unhappy camper for a good month. the acid will actually burn a hole into your eye if you dont get to the er and get it flushed with iv liqued.its alittle blurry as i type and read but i can atleast rub it with out screaming.

I HIGHLY recomend you get that flushed, what they do is they put a lense in your eye thats connected to a tube that connected to an iv bag. It will flush all of the acid on the surface of your eye. water wont do ya much. Sleeping is the best thing to do and try to stay calm.

sorry for the long post and i hope you get better soon!

450r51
09-22-2006, 11:50 PM
haha this is a funny post because when you read what u type pappy it actually sounds like ur drunk. get well old man:eek2: i need ur absolute best work on my frame.:chinese:

LTZ400rider
09-23-2006, 12:33 AM
i bet you wear glasses now. some guy at work got a messed up eye since he was 11. now he wears glasses for everything, probaly even clippin his toe nails. i never see him without glasses around his neck

i would highly reccomend goin to the hospital. it will pay off in the long run.

other than that hope u heal fast

TOPDAWG
09-23-2006, 05:57 AM
Yes. Saftey glass are a must.

Codeman
09-23-2006, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Marshmello
Sleeping is the best thing to do and try to stay calm.

That is exactly what Pappy is doing now. He says it it feeling better( it looks a little less bloodshot, but still needs some time to heal) He has been trying to relax with a warm, moist wash cloth laid over his eye.

Pappy
09-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Oh I admit it was my fault entirely, and yes, safety glasses may have helped but even the workers that wear glasses have had it thier eyes when they spray. Thank god it only has happened a few times in almost 2 decades at our shop.

As you can see I am doing a slight bit better this morning. I left eye is clear, right eye is still fuzzy but zero pain and the crap I had to put in there seems to have done its job. The biggest issue is dry eye as the acid will attack the eye's ability to tear. Its all good, kind of funny reading my attempt at typing last night. It should be real fun looking at the tickets I wrote for customers yesterday:huh

I was more mad at myself for allowing the mistake to happen, I knew full well the battery was gassing harder then it should and should have covered it before attempting to pull the vent. The push cap is actually what blew and the vent remained capped. If it had blown the vent my left hand would have been the only thing hit with the spray.

MX MaNiAc 06
09-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Damn take care of that eye! It will be back in the camera in no time.

I just got the disc from u. Thanks a lot man! Thats real cool of u!

Pappy
09-23-2006, 07:43 AM
Sorry it was bit late getting to you, I have not seen my house in the daylight except 1 day out of the past few weeks thanks to work. I hope it lets up some soon as I pride myself on getting things done as quickly as possible.

We will get you some more when you hit BPG again, and the camera will be put to use later today:cool:

MX MaNiAc 06
09-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Its cool. I forgot about it anyway. haha

Ill be there for the Fall Fest hopefully.

Remember when i was riding back i stopped by n said something wasnt right.. Well my brake disc was bent, that hub is screwed, axle bearings went out. Its a big mess. I got a new axle, brake hub, disc, bearings. I just havent had time to work on it cuz ive been too busy making money to get all the crap! Damn uphill was rough on my machine haha

Anyways ill be sure to see u up there again.

YFZRB
09-24-2006, 07:22 AM
I really didn't notice any difference in the typing or spelling on the posts. :blah:

In 20 years of hacking wood I've never had an eye injury. But my daughter jabbed me in the eye when she was about 2 and scratched my cornea. I had the pirate eye patch for a week. Man that was painful. I can only imagine what yours was like.

Glad to hear your getting better.

cya all in October.

Pappy
09-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Much better this morning. Still cloudy in the right eye but no more pain. Not alot of gook coming out of the eyes either so thats a good sign.

Everyone b!tched at me for not rushing to the doctors but seriously, other then flushing my eyes there is not anything more they will do but prescribe a salve that will help keep the eye moist.

In a week or so I will go and have them checked to see just how badly they are damaged. Id suspect slight vision loss and the outer layer of the eye will be pitted. There is nothing they can do so they are not getting paid to tell me what I already know:p

infantry317
09-24-2006, 07:34 AM
Hope you feel better soon, that bites...:eek2:

AtvMxRider
09-24-2006, 04:19 PM
i know and i pologise, i cant see crap right now:D cody typed a few replies to pms for me and helded mkae that jesse get well thread. i was going to have him just type all this but scre it.