PDA

View Full Version : hot start issue

jacobw
09-22-2006, 04:00 PM
I am still having this issue offset is around .7 and my afr at idle is 13.5-14 and flowrate is 2400 and afr is 12.5-14 through the rpm range I cannot get is start faster than 5 cranks and somtimes at least 15 or more I am gettin real frustrated, modding a dale is a headache go back with stock rebuild and a pipe and you will be a much happier rider:D

Heybo
09-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Jacob, did you ever put your quad on a dyno with an AFR hookup and tune it? My Dale has a stroker crank and a ported head and it cranks perfectly.

cannondale27
09-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Cripes if its that bad that you have to go all over internet looking for more help I would be glad to trade you a stock rebuilt and updated motor for yours.Seriously.P.M. or call me for details.

happyboy
09-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by jacobw
modding a dale is a headache go back with stock rebuild and a pipe and you will be a much happier rider:D

You go right ahead. I have heavily modified dales and just like anything else they take a little bit to get dialed in. But when they are they are just fine. Sorry you can't figure it out on your own.

jacobw
09-24-2006, 01:03 PM
I am sure I will get it figured out its just I have been messing with this thing for a month with no avail and I am getting very competitive with my racing and cant afford these issues, happyboy I will take some compression checks this week to see if my vavles are closing all the way and if they are and I still cant get it I will bring is down as soon as you have time so we can map it in and get it starting good and you can show me more about fuel injection:D

cannondale27
09-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Now thats the right attitude:) None of us have given up on helping you.It is frustrating to us also not being able to virtually get our hands on it.Fix your charging issue yet?

jacobw
09-24-2006, 06:50 PM
I will as soon as I try another stator to see it its the stator I am 90 percent sure it is. I wish I lived a closer to member so I could have a reasonable drive to get it fixed if I have a major issue, then after I get the stator on I will do compression check I am thinking I may have over shimmed the intake valves DOH but I hope not:D

cannondale27
09-25-2006, 05:18 AM
Dont forget to roll the cam to highpoint everytime before you check your clearances to be sure shim and bucket are seated all the way.Lots forget that step.But that would give you bigger clearances rather than smaller.Also always check with one feeler guage bigger just to be be sure the one which goes through is the correct size.The bigger one should NOT go through.I also use a micrometer to actually measure the shims and do the math on paper have found some shims to be marked incorrectly and charts wrong.Not mandatory but saves time along with drawing a crude pic of head and buckets with intake and exhaust marked make notes or math right by corresponding bucket to avoid confusion.When done I mark the clearance I had for future reference on cam caps.With dales I go at spec or .001 tighter.Other makes will go .001 bigger if I cant get middle of spec.
If your intakes are tight take a good look at intake tract and throttlebody for dirt.If you find like trails consider getting a valvejob.Good Luck.

cdalejef
09-25-2006, 06:12 AM
Do you have the Summit fuel pump on it?

jacobw
09-27-2006, 06:39 AM
I pulled the plug and it was all sotty and black so I think the plug was fouled making adjustments and starting a pain I will change the plug and let you know what I find:D