PDA

View Full Version : Dingo 8HP Brigss engine

firefighterjosh
09-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Me and my friend have all bought some little go-karts just to mess around and race the weekends.

He has a 8hp briggs on a dingo. We put a Husq 125 Carb on it and it runs and goes but needs some tuning done. Then we decided before we do the tuning we better port and polish it before we tune it. We did that but the gasket we could not reuse due to it is one of those graphit gaskets. We also might mill the head just a little for more compression.

Just wondering if anyone else has done these things to a Briggs? Do you have any tips or hints.

Stevie-D
09-22-2006, 03:42 PM
back when i was in school we started a "hot-rod club". everyone else had their av club, homework help club, etc..etc..etc.... it was pretty cool for us shop kids to be able to have our own thing.

besides the perpetual 350 builds and paintjobs we did..we got a Jr. dragster. we got it used, and the guy put a stock 5hp briggs back on it. the thing sat there for a few weeks as we all wondered wtf to do with a 5hp dragster:blah: then the one day the shop teacher comes in with what looks like a briggs motor. well it used to be a stock 5hp briggs, but it was built out the arse. you name it, it had it. i don't remember exactly, its been a few years, but the motor was dynoed at somewhere around 27 horse. :eek2: talk about a wicked little motor!!!

aside from that, i handbuilt my own go-kart/death trap a few years back. the front has no suspension, the rear has two adjustable shocks with a swingarm deal that the motor and rear end are mounted to. the rear is out of an 87 trailboss, with 20x11x10 tires. i HAD a suzuki bike motor in it...but fried the rings and piston. right now its sitting in the barn waiting for a donor engine. talk about a quick little ******* with that suzuki
motor:eek2:

i'll try to remember to get some pictures of it. it sits about 2-3 inches off of the ground:blah: needless to say its used for cruising around the back roads around here and doesnt see too much off-road play.

firefighterjosh
09-23-2006, 10:20 AM
On our fire department there are these older guys that ust to ride quads but messed up there knees and don't ride anymore. They race go karts off road and thats how wwe got into this. Now we are trying to make our karts faster lol