PDA

View Full Version : Break in Process??? Secret!!!

400exMO
09-22-2006, 12:49 PM
I recentely discovered this on another site. I want to hear some opinions!!
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

firefighterjosh
09-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Well there is just so many ways to break in a engine.

On my stock engines I would just ride the trails. I would punch it or anything but I would go through all the RPMS.

On my banshee engine I had to let it warm up for 20mins then let it cool all the way down

then I would let it run 20 more mins at quater throttle then let it cool all the way done

then I would let it run 20 more mins at Half throttle then let it cool all the way done

Then Ride it at 50% throttle let it cool all the way down......

ECT ECT ECT.

There is just SO MANY ways to break in a engine it is crazy

honduh440
09-22-2006, 01:49 PM
break it in like a b itch, rides like a b itch

underpowered
09-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 400exMO
I recentely discovered this on another site. I want to hear some opinions!!
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

that is what i do. let it get up to operating temp and then ride it like you stole it. they seem to run longer and better with a hard break in from my experience. broke in my quad and my truck that way and both run like scalded dogs.

WhiteZrider
09-22-2006, 05:33 PM
heres what i always say

BREAK IT IN LIKE YOUR GONNA RIDE IT

I like it lol

flyin#5
09-22-2006, 05:43 PM
heat cycles and constant throttle variation are the key to break in. if you allow your engine to get to hot while you are trying to wear away the high spots in your cylinder from cross hatching, they will not just be pushed out with the gasses... they will fill in and melt in the low spots of your cross hatchings.... making for less compression and shorter engine life because your cylinder will glaze over faster. its really not that difficult to see, which is why i dont get the big controversy.

400eXr1d3rZ
09-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Can someone who has broken in an engine and cam at the same time answer this question:

In the box with my Hotcam it says, "upon initial startup do not let idle, keep above 3000 rpms or better." How long do I have to keep it at 3000+?