kmkm
09-22-2006, 12:42 PM
who would win

88 tecate 4 with pipes filter reeds 7" exstended swingarm +3 a arms and +4 axle

stock 250r
strait drag and on a track who do you thank would

7 speed
09-22-2006, 12:46 PM
How much does the rider weigh on each bike?

I would like to say the 250R but they are tuned down a bit with the stock pipe.
Piped and properly jetted the 250R would win by along shot.

kmkm
09-22-2006, 12:48 PM
thay are the same i thot the tecate was faster

7 speed
09-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Then why were all the pros racing 250R's all those years?:D

09-22-2006, 01:50 PM
in a drag i would say he tecate, it has a pipe filter and reeds and the r dont....and not to mention the r was the weakest motor out of the LT 250 tecate and 250r...and the pros raced them all those years because of the handling

BLACKeR
09-22-2006, 03:47 PM
in the drag the tecate wins. the tecate was the fastest of the 250's to begin with. if its piped he can probly miss a couple shifts and still beat the R. your only chances are a really short drag, since he'll have lower traction with the long swinger, or hoping that his bike is tuned very poorly.

on the track his rediculously long swingarm will make it so he cant turn at all, and you should have no problem taking it if your rider abilitys are similar.

Ruby Soho
09-22-2006, 07:05 PM
tecate

and the guy who asked about the pros racing 250rs

im guessing they had a better chassis

BLACKeR
09-22-2006, 08:15 PM
as far as frame geometry, the aftermarket frames are very similar to the stock 250R frame. if its a technical track thats at all rough the R should be able to take the tecate. although a stock pipe is a huge hurdle. if the tecate didnt have a whomping +7 swinger, i would say it would probly win. but thats huge!!

csr250r
09-24-2006, 04:56 PM
prolly have to go with the tetacate. they had 6mph faster top end stock than the 250r. i heard that tetacte was made for small riders and if u were more than 160lbs they fall on their face after every gear.

DezSled
09-24-2006, 05:05 PM
The tecate engines had a form of chrome bore cylinder from the factory called 'Electrofusion bore'. If you happened to put on the KX250 cylinder it made it run even better. Add a 38 mikuni flatslide carb and a Coffmans pipe & silencer and you had a rocket ship.
In a straight line the tecate would run away from the 250r. Add some turns and jumps the 250r would reel it right in.

'88 1000 Doug Roll Kawasaki KXF250 w/ Allen Fox aboard. Nuevo Junction

kmkm
09-24-2006, 05:21 PM
post all the pics of them you have please

09-24-2006, 06:24 PM
kawaski should of pushed the tecate more then they did....does anyone have dynos of the tecate?? my old man had the tecate trike and ATC and he liked the honda way more

86250rrider
09-25-2006, 01:51 AM
i had a t4 years back with just a pipe and reeds. it will eat up a 250r with similar mods in a drag race. the tecate and banshee is a close race stock. mine was a really sweet ride:(

AJ's Blaster
09-25-2006, 04:45 PM
the tecate will blow it out of the water, no competition. The 250r is not the fastest quad ever made and alot of you need to realize that. If it wasn't for there superb handling and smooth tranny they would have nothing on the tecate or the lt 250r or the 400ex for that fact. And the tecate was not a very similiar design frame which is why its glory was short lived. You 250r lovers are to blind to look beyond the fact that the 250r was never reincarnated by honda for a reason, IT ISN'T AS GREAT AS YOU THINK!!

BLACKeR
09-25-2006, 05:48 PM
the tecate will blow it out of the water, no competition. The 250r is not the fastest quad ever made and alot of you need to realize that. If it wasn't for there superb handling and smooth tranny they would have nothing on the tecate or the lt 250r or the 400ex for that fact. And the tecate was not a very similiar design frame which is why its glory was short lived. You 250r lovers are to blind to look beyond the fact that the 250r was never reincarnated by honda for a reason, IT ISN'T AS GREAT AS YOU THINK!!

second dumbest post ive ever seen on the internet i cant even figure out what your tring to say. the 250R sucks, but its handling rocks, but it was never that great?:rolleyes:

SWIGIN
09-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by BLACKeR
second dumbest post ive ever seen on the internet i cant even figure out what your tring to say. the 250R sucks, but its handling rocks, but it was never that great?:rolleyes:

i agree

AJ's Blaster
09-26-2006, 04:09 AM
I didn't stutter. that is exactly what I said, why do you think the 400ex the z400 and a whole lot of other quads have frames based upon the r but you don't see any engines based on it because they weren't good enough.

mrhyde
09-26-2006, 04:21 AM
AJ, I think you should try to ride a 250r r some day. Your opinion will probably change. Everyone who has thrown a leg over my r now thinks it is the best. My buddy that just came up with a 400ex was blown away after riding my r. I personally would love to own a new 4 stroke quad, but would feel like a moron buying a slower, worse handling bike. I am not trying to take anything away from the newer bikes, but don't knock the R until you try it. If you have ridden an r, it didn't run like mine :p .

BLACKeR
09-26-2006, 05:05 AM
its true that the R engine was the weakest of the 250's. its also true that some pretty basic porting fixes that problem. the 2-stroke powerplant wasnt used again not because it was too slow, but because its too much for the average rider such as yourself. its odd that when the 400ex's came out they didnt replace the 250R's in racing. its also puzzeling that many of the pro race bikes actually had stock jugs on their R's. to even pretend that the 400ex powerplant is faster than the 250 R's is utter foolishness...

7 speed
09-27-2006, 07:40 PM
its true that the R engine was the weakest of the 250's. its also true that some pretty basic porting fixes that problem. the 2-stroke powerplant wasnt used again not because it was too slow, but because its too much for the average rider such as yourself. its odd that when the 400ex's came out they didnt replace the 250R's in racing. its also puzzeling that many of the pro race bikes actually had stock jugs on their R's. to even pretend that the 400ex powerplant is faster than the 250 R's is utter foolishness...

Very well put!!

7 speed
09-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
tecate

and the guy who asked about the pros racing 250rs

im guessing they had a better chassis

That was a rhetorical question!! (did not need to be answered)

Like "is a pope catholic?"

deathman53
09-27-2006, 08:21 PM
the 250r was a almost perfect bike as it came, with improvements it only got better. The tecate and lt250r were faster and had more top end, but the 250r handled so much better. The tecate(3 and 4 wheel) were too short and too narrow and the 4 had problems with bump steer. In order for a tecate 4 to beat a stock 250r in a mx track it had to have a 300cc big bore, extended axle and a-arms and that was against a all stock 250r, if the 250r had them, it would blow it away. Honda stopped the 250r due to upcoming 2 stroke regulations and the partaily because of the 88 consent degree signing. Susuki stopped the lt 500 in 90, due to lack of sales, lt250 is 92, due to lack of sales, tecate ended in 88, only the banshee was to continue and it sold pretty poor for quite a few years.
At the end of the 80's the newsmedia had people so far against racing atv's that a fast atv wasn't wanted anymore and people got hurt in record numbers in 88 and 89. It took untill 98 for the mass public to want a high performance atv again. The 2 strokes stopped due to epa and newsmedia, that affected sales badly. I'd think honda would continue the 250r if the epa and concent degree stuff didn't happen.
People had a direct effect of the regulations and newsmedia bias. Atc250r's, trx250r's, atc350x's, and other high performance bikes were bought for 14 year olds, people rode w/o helmets, boots, and other safety gear. People rode while drunk, high, etc and w/o the expierence to control the bike. But the atv got blamed instead of whos fault it really was, THE GENERAL PUBLIC. I see it all the time where I ride, rich father buys a raptor 660, he buys his kid a raptor 80, neither of whom know how to control the bike. Also parents think that atv's are like baby sitters too, I had some run-ins with parents who let their kids ride all over the track, cutting everybody off and being a general hazard, but of course when I said something to them, I was attacked for riding a 3 wheeled atv, not the parent not watching their kids, teaching them to ride safe, instead they move the blame to other people and away from them. You parents who buy big bikes for your kids, let your kids ride w/o supervision, ride drunk/high, ride w/o safety gear are to blame, NOT THE ATV, BUT INSTEAD THE OPERATOR AND/OR PARENT OF THE OPERATOR.

kmkm
09-27-2006, 08:44 PM
dont be a *** hes right the 250r hanle good but tecate is faster DUMB ***

7 speed
09-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by kmkm
dont be a *** hes right the 250r hanle good but tecate is faster DUMB ***

Huh????

SET THE STAGE
09-28-2006, 11:29 PM
the dude was far from right.

also, it's AN ***, not A.

stay in school

kmkm
09-29-2006, 05:17 AM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkk

Scott270R
10-02-2006, 12:40 PM
We are talking stock for stock here right? Then yes the Tecate was the fastest of them all. Once Modified, the Honda was faster than the LT250R or Tecate horsepowerwise and had a better tougher frame geometry and better bump absorption(handling). I am still of the opinion that the LT250R corners(handling) better than any of the other two, but its hard to get the power out of them since they have less transfer port area and a shorter stroke. They also break alot more and aren't as tough. That's why everyone ran a Honda for all these years. The old 250r's are still better than any of the newer 450's when you factor in cost to race. They are still the best overall bike of all time, and that might not change anytime soon.

Let me qualify my opinion by saying that I also own them both.

Here is my 450R:http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/LT250RL-side.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/100_0003.jpg

250r4life
10-02-2006, 01:15 PM

i dont know what # he is for mine, but definately up there in the top 5 or so... was a pretty unintelligent post...

csr250r
10-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
i dont know what # he is for mine, but definately up there in the top 5 or so... was a pretty unintelligent post...

ya i dont think anyone that rode the 250r would diss it that bad. power is overated. i mean i know that it really important but when i had a blaster i could hang with preds and banshees on the track.

handling is prolly the most important. i mean if power was everything they would be out on the track with banshees. 250r is just plain more fun to ride than four strokes. i love mine and im glad i did not go fourstroke but i wish honda would have kept making them. i mean they have a 250 2 stroke dirtbike that is faster than a quad anyway so idk...250rs are 20 years old and still the king.