PDA

View Full Version : Stupid People

rockman
09-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Sorry this might get long..

Ok here's the story. I put my 250R on ebay a couple weeks ago. Some guy came up from OK and bought it with cash. He rode it around and it ran perfect and everything. I will add that he didn't know how to ride a 2 stroke for crap. Anyway, so he comes up pays cash and what not, is happy with it and we part our ways. I go home and cancel the ebay auction and put the money in the bank. Well a couple days later he calls and tells me that it isn't running right, cuts out and backfires and whatnot. Ok me being a nice guy gives him some advice on what to check, cdi, coil, etc. Anyway, so i get 2 voicemails today from him. Apparently he is going to try and sue me through ebay on the basis that i lied about everything in my auction. A honda dealer told him that the motor is junk. He says that the crank is broke, the cases are cracked and it wont run.
I was pissed as you can imagine. But i had to laugh through the whole message. He won't be able to do anything through ebay because we didn't go through ebay. He called me and came and payed cash for it, i had to cancel the auction that night. He never even bid on it. Secondly it ran perfectly fine when he came and got it, hell he almost rolled it in the wet grass. Don't tell me that i lied about everything on the motor. I told him that i had just put a new piston in with about 3 hours on it now. I never touched the bottom end. Hell it ran like a scalded dog.

I'm waiting till tonight to call him back. Oh its going to be hilarious. What all do you think i should tell him. Basically its going to go something like " well its not my fault you rode the crap out of it and now its broke, learn to ride" Like i said it ran PERFECT when he came and got it. I am not liable for anything. I just thought i would share this with you guys.

7 speed
09-22-2006, 12:57 PM
How much do you want to bet he added gas that wasn't mixed?
Did he ever ask what ratio and type of oil you were using?
You should ask him when you talk to him?
Did you write a bill of sale saying "as is"?
I hope so!
He blew it up and wants his money back.

firefighterjosh
09-22-2006, 12:57 PM
That sucks..

He prally didn't break it in or didn't warm it up properly. Maybe he didn't mix the gas/oil correctly???

rockman
09-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by 7 speed
How much do you want to bet he added gas that wasn't mixed?
Did he ever ask what ratio and type of oil you were using?
You should ask him when you talk to him?
Did you write a bill of sale saying "as is"?
I hope so!
He blew it up and wants his money back.

From what it sounds like he seems to think it was broke before. :rolleyes:
How would it have ran fine when he came to get it with the crank broke. give me a break. There wasn't a bill of sale at all. as far as i'm concerned it never existed.

09-22-2006, 02:46 PM
dont be a dick to him. he will record the whole message and bring it to court and use it against you. just give him more advice and tell him if he wants, bring it all the way back to you for what you sold it to him for and if you think its running good, take your money back and resell it...

rockman
09-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
dont be a dick to him. he will record the whole message and bring it to court and use it against you. just give him more advice and tell him if he wants, bring it all the way back to you for what you sold it to him for and if you think its running good, take your money back and resell it...

No no no.. there is no way i'm going to do that. He's in oklahoma, for all i know he took it out on the dunes and blew the motor. I'm going by what i've always been told "tail light warranty, once i can't see your tail lights the warranties up" period. He broke it not me, why should i take it back broke and loose money on it.

rockman
09-22-2006, 02:56 PM
And i won't be a dick to him. But i am not going to screw myself. He bought it, it was fine when he bought it, not my problem. I'm not a dealership and its not new. If he didn't want it he shouldn't have bought it. IT RAN PERFECT when he picked it up.

coolguy8769
09-22-2006, 05:11 PM
remember in a civil case he has to prove that he is right, he has to prove you sol dit to him broken, he rode it and still bought it so you case should be a breeze, the only thing on during the day is judge alex:p

rockman
09-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
remember in a civil case he has to prove that he is right, he has to prove you sol dit to him broken, he rode it and still bought it so you case should be a breeze, the only thing on during the day is judge alex:p
LOL the guys at work said i should call Judge Judy.. i don't really expect to hear from him again, once ebay tells him there's nothing he can do.

sly400ex
09-22-2006, 05:53 PM
He bought it, it's his problem. Period.

Also, he cannot legally record the phone conversation without your consent I believe.

CHAR250R
09-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by rockman
Sorry this might get long..

Ok here's the story. I put my 250R on ebay a couple weeks ago. Some guy came up from OK and bought it with cash. He rode it around and it ran perfect and everything. I will add that he didn't know how to ride a 2 stroke for crap. Anyway, so he comes up pays cash and what not, is happy with it and we part our ways. I go home and cancel the ebay auction and put the money in the bank. Well a couple days later he calls and tells me that it isn't running right, cuts out and backfires and whatnot. Ok me being a nice guy gives him some advice on what to check, cdi, coil, etc. Anyway, so i get 2 voicemails today from him. Apparently he is going to try and sue me through ebay on the basis that i lied about everything in my auction. A honda dealer told him that the motor is junk. He says that the crank is broke, the cases are cracked and it wont run.
I was pissed as you can imagine. But i had to laugh through the whole message. He won't be able to do anything through ebay because we didn't go through ebay. He called me and came and payed cash for it, i had to cancel the auction that night. He never even bid on it. Secondly it ran perfectly fine when he came and got it, hell he almost rolled it in the wet grass. Don't tell me that i lied about everything on the motor. I told him that i had just put a new piston in with about 3 hours on it now. I never touched the bottom end. Hell it ran like a scalded dog.

I'm waiting till tonight to call him back. Oh its going to be hilarious. What all do you think i should tell him. Basically its going to go something like " well its not my fault you rode the crap out of it and now its broke, learn to ride" Like i said it ran PERFECT when he came and got it. I am not liable for anything. I just thought i would share this with you guys.

What did your E-bay auction say about a warrranty? If your auction said the R had no warranty, you are all set. Can you put up a link to the auction?

rockman
09-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
What did your E-bay auction say about a warrranty? If your auction said the R had no warranty, you are all set. Can you put up a link to the auction?
Doesn't matter he didn't buy it through ebay. but yes i say as is.

09-22-2006, 08:22 PM
yup looks like you safe....i bet he didnt run any oil in the gas since you say he couldnt ride a 2 stroke...did he ever ask about the mixture?? Did you tell him that you have to mix the gas?? let us know what happens

rockman
09-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
yup looks like you safe....i bet he didnt run any oil in the gas since you say he couldnt ride a 2 stroke...did he ever ask about the mixture?? Did you tell him that you have to mix the gas?? let us know what happens
He did ask me what ratio i ran it at. and i did tell him he might need to rejet it but who knows what he did. Not my problem now.

400exstud
09-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Let me tell you one thing..... Judges don't get to the position that they are in for being dumb. They will look at a 1986 (its a relic) four wheeler as having a very short life span left. I wouldn't worry about it

hotrodbelair
09-23-2006, 09:10 AM
im kind of going through the same thing except i didnt sell the four wheeler my friend sold his blaster to my cousin. he had it for 5 days then it all of a sudden shut off on him no spark. also his mom bought it for him so she goes and cancels the check saying that my friend didnt tell her about the problem wich there wasnt when he sold it ran fine. i also told them that i might come over and pick it up to work on it but now thats shes being a ***** about it i aint gonna mess with it.

CHAR250R
09-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by rockman
Doesn't matter he didn't buy it through ebay. but yes i say as is.

As long as it was stated "as is" you are all set. Do you have it in writing somewhere stating "as is"?