PDA

View Full Version : Fox Shocks.

TRXDresh
09-22-2006, 09:15 AM
I know there are some guys that have Fox shocks on their bikes. How do you like them and where did you get them from. Are they holding up well?

400exMO
09-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Cernics has them.

czrider263
09-22-2006, 01:14 PM
I havce two sets but they both on hondas. THEY ROCK!!!!

Heatpump#4
09-26-2006, 05:20 PM
i dont care for mine all that much there to soft for my ridin style and they are set up on pretty much the hardest setting i could put them at. but im going to call fox and see if theyll revalve them because i havent had um but about 20 days if they wont these foxes will be on ebay

Quadprorider
09-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Quick question Heatpump#4........What's a EastCoast 450 kit that's in your sig? Thanks, Nick.

Heatpump#4
09-27-2006, 07:22 AM
All it really is, is port and polish, high comp piston,and he took the cherry bomb off and put it the Trinity fuel magagment i couldnt really afford the cams for it at the time (800$)

CdaleXtreme
09-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Heatpump#4
i dont care for mine all that much there to soft for my ridin style and they are set up on pretty much the hardest setting i could put them at. but im going to call fox and see if theyll revalve them because i havent had um but about 20 days if they wont these foxes will be on ebay

Have you adjusted your air pressure? That is where you need to start, before you even touch your compression or rebound adjusters. What type of A-arms are you running? How much do you weigh?

--

As far as the performance of the shocks, they are simply the next thing in ATV shock technology. They have been used in many other off road applications for years with great sucess. The truth is you get the ride plushness of a cross country shock, with the bottoming resistance of a shock setup for big air freestyle.

There isnt a spring shock out there that can compare.

Heatpump#4
09-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Yes i have adjusted my air pressure many times and thats the only time i really adjust my compression and rebound. i weight 195lb and i have stock a arms

pudamac12
09-28-2006, 11:25 AM
There isnt a spring shock out there that can compare. [/B][/QUOTE]

you have obviously never ridden motowoz.

John Ragon
09-28-2006, 11:34 AM
The Fox Shox are definitely the best. Some of the ealier front shocks were sent with negative springs that were too light, but now they've fixed the probelm.

The air chambers make it very easy to adjust, and they're cheaper than most other brands (rear and front).

CdaleXtreme
09-29-2006, 01:55 PM
you have obviously never ridden motowoz. [/B]

I have ridden them before they went out because of the fire. Have you ridden fox?

Warnerade
10-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by John Ragon
The air chambers make it very easy to adjust, and they're cheaper than most other brands (rear and front). i've heard bad thgings about the rear shock from fox.

MXridin842
10-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
i've heard bad thgings about the rear shock from fox.

Are you saying that Fox told you that there rear shock was having problems. I hope I just misunderstood you but if thats what your saying then I highly dout that Fox would tell you not to buy there shock. Unless you had the stock rear in which we all no that Harold Goodman says is so much better so we should use it.

Warnerade
10-06-2006, 08:12 PM
lol...its not just harold that says it...think whatever you want, but I know there are far better rear shocks out there than the Fox rear.

bbrad mulvey
10-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Evols are junk, period. I haver had two sets on hondas and they were both junk. they work FLAWLESS for about 6 good rides and then the start getting sticky, harsh and inconsistant. I had work done by everett at fox and they still SUCKED. If I was given a set I would give them back, seriously! They dont even know how o work on their own shock! They have plastic pistons for one. They said they MAY switch to aluminum, that sounds like technology? Air in a shock instead of Nitrogen is dumb also. What do you have to do to an air compressor if you use it? Drain the water maybe? So yes I had drained water from my shocks before, then switched to nitrogen. That neg spring thing is and option ONLY if you think you ride quality sucks. there is 3 ooptions. the older evols came with only low now the have medium and high, now they come with medium... they run out of adjustmet too fast, then they dont even work good when you get them back anyways. Also you should ask them about the no stiction seals too, see what they say about those! I do not recomend them at all.

baubl
10-08-2006, 04:48 PM
we have evols on our 3 race ltrs there great, i had cus axis build me two sets have them for sale for ltr they were great as well.
have both evols and axis for our two honda 470 those were our race quads proir to the ltr the honda custom or evols are for sale
bobl

CdaleXtreme
10-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by bbrad mulvey
Evols are junk, period. I haver had two sets on hondas and they were both junk. they work FLAWLESS for about 6 good rides and then the start getting sticky, harsh and inconsistant. I had work done by everett at fox and they still SUCKED. If I was given a set I would give them back, seriously! They dont even know how o work on their own shock! They have plastic pistons for one. They said they MAY switch to aluminum, that sounds like technology? Air in a shock instead of Nitrogen is dumb also. What do you have to do to an air compressor if you use it? Drain the water maybe? So yes I had drained water from my shocks before, then switched to nitrogen. That neg spring thing is and option ONLY if you think you ride quality sucks. Also you should ask them about the no stiction seals too, see what they say about those! I do not recomend them at all.

Why are you the only one who has had major problems with your suspension?

I have raced with EVOLs all season, and had a regular service once. I have had zero problems, and I know I ride harder than you.

Maybe you dont know how to maintain your shocks, or maybe you jump like a squid, and flatbottom everything.

bbrad mulvey
10-10-2006, 09:51 AM
regardless of how YOU think I ride they are junk. Every track I ride I put in 3 or 4 dummy laps to see where I need to adjust the shocks(to only bottom twice per lap). But no I do not flat bottom, that **** hurts. They are probably a good shock for a beginner. Or maybe the just suck compleately on Gibson arms. I dont have anything good to say about the EVOLS besides they are junk. Great IDEA, but they need more research on them. Here is another thing. If they are so great, then why is it that all the Pros that were given them to use, gave them back? as far as the service, after 6 rides! Gimme a break...

Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
Why are you the only one who has had major problems with your suspension?

I have raced with EVOLs all season, and had a regular service once. I have had zero problems, and I know I ride harder than you.

Maybe you dont know how to maintain your shocks, or maybe you jump like a squid, and flatbottom everything.

ShiftRacr400
10-10-2006, 10:22 AM
I've had the Evols on my ltr with Walsh a arms this whole race season and I love them. They are by far one of the best shocks I have ever owned. You do have to set them up and tune them just like any other shock when you first get them, but it is quite easy. I would not buy any other shock after riding with these. They do not fade out after a few rides either. I have to agree with CdaleXtreme on this one

pudamac12
10-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
[B]Why are you the only one who has had major problems with your suspension?

Maybe you dont know how to maintain your shocks, or maybe you jump like a squid, and flatbottom everything. [/
B]

why would say something like this when you have no idea who the guy is. That is just ignorance. And if your spouting off about things like this it makes a lot of people ignore the other stuff that you say that may be usefull info.

Warnerade
10-10-2006, 02:34 PM
regardless of how YOU think I ride they are junk. Every track I ride I put in 3 or 4 dummy laps to see where I need to adjust the shocks(to only bottom twice per lap). But no I do not flat bottom, that **** hurts. They are probably a good shock for a beginner. Or maybe the just suck compleately on Gibson arms. I dont have anything good to say about the EVOLS besides they are junk. Great IDEA, but they need more research on them. Here is another thing. If they are so great, then why is it that all the Pros that were given them to use, gave them back? as far as the service, after 6 rides! Gimme a break... how many pros gave them back?

bbrad mulvey
10-10-2006, 05:44 PM
lubourg, farr, creamer( i think thats him), goodman,(natalie went to elka) I think there is one more also, but I think I may have creamer confused with some one else maybe. They started off strong, but then everybody seemed to be back on springs by the end. I was just here to give my opinion on them and state FACTS about them that people should know about them. The people at Fox treated me great but not their product. Like I said at first I liked them a lot, then it seams like they made me a worse rider. I am back on elka's again and I am loving life:cool:

rollie
10-10-2006, 05:53 PM
lubourg, farr, creamer( i think thats him), goodman,(natalie went to elka) I think there is one more also, but I think I may have creamer confused with some one else maybe. They started off strong, but then everybody seemed to be back on springs by the end. I was just here to give my opinion on them and state FACTS about them that people should know about them. The people at Fox treated me great but not their product. Like I said at first I liked them a lot, then it seams like they made me a worse rider. I am back on elka's again and I am loving life:cool:

Yeah...creamer was on Ohlins the entire season

czrider263
10-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Have fox on both my 405r's with gibson a arms. they are wonderfull but after comparing brand new shocks to the ones iv had for 6 months there is a differeance but nothing to not get them. they are just so smooth and easy to adj.

Warnerade
10-10-2006, 06:38 PM
goodman oh?

this pic was recently taken by the way

bbrad mulvey
10-10-2006, 06:42 PM
shnikee...insert foot into mouth. Sorry. last I talked to fox he was switching back... My bad...Creamer I was sure either, I cant remember his name right now. ANYWAYS I just didnt like them. But I liked the Podium X!

Warnerade
10-10-2006, 06:45 PM
this pic was also taken recently...lol

one is his practice bike and one is his race bike...I have no idea which is which

bbrad mulvey
10-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Hmm, somebody sneaking around garages and putting sugar in tanks?:devil:

Warnerade
10-10-2006, 06:55 PM
sugar only works in EFI modules...ever wonder why gust's bike stalled in the air at one of the last nationals?:o

bbrad mulvey
10-10-2006, 06:57 PM
you sneeky little turd was that you!

bigbadbubba
10-10-2006, 06:57 PM
the one with numbers is probably the race one

Warnerade
10-10-2006, 07:11 PM
you sneeky little turd was that you! shhhhh

and i've rode with him at local tracks, and redbud on open riding day...his practice quad had the front number plate. I'd imagine it fell off on that bike the last time he rode it.

baubl
10-10-2006, 07:43 PM
have evols on two trxs and 3 ltrs with no problem ran axis before
they were great on the trxs, ran elkas prior they werent bad on the yamaha, if you look closely you'll see elka sticker on diff shocks of the pros. there only getting a check from those sponcers.

bobl

ShiftRacr400
10-11-2006, 07:02 AM
looks like tim farr runs floats now as well

CannondaleRider
10-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Doug Eichner is running them, since WORCS Round 2 for sure, maybe Round 1...And he had a very good Elka sponsorship ;)

http://i9.tinypic.com/29eiz54.jpg
(My picture)

A vast amount of other WORCS Pro, A's, B's, & C's are running them also

baubl
10-11-2006, 11:03 PM
there the shock of the future we have them on five quads
bobl

ingleful
10-12-2006, 08:29 PM
i do jus fine with my stock shocks....

KingpinsEx
10-20-2006, 11:47 AM

As for the pros i think everyone is just experimenting to see if they really are THAT good, the weight is definetly a factor for serious racers. However, if they are anywhere close to what they typically run they prolly just switch back to stay with that sponsor. But what we need to keep in mind is that the pros are gonna run what they are paid to run, not what they prefer. Look at Natalie, perfect example, dominated the GNCs when he was on his floats. I think that alone proves that they are a pretty decent shock, however im sure they were getting serviced after every race, so its hard to judge their durability from someone at that level. But as for him switching over to elka, its all about the $$ trust me! Oh and BTW Farr is back on PEP....

kyleschonert
10-20-2006, 01:09 PM
yea, Farr was weird about the shocks he was running. He ran them at Unadilla last season,(i think it was Unadilla) then was on PEP the next race. And this year he switched 2 or 3 times. But is on PEP now. I had a buddy that Elka's on his LTR, and bought Evol's and said their is no comparison, the Evol's are so much nicer than the Elka's. And i have another friend that has them on his yfz with lt houser arms and said he didnt even touch their settings when he recieved them and he said they were spectacular.

Warnerade
10-20-2006, 01:44 PM
just confirmed that the PEP on goodmans bike was his race bike, He had the Fox on his practice bike. Not too sure why he ran both...who knows.

KingpinsEx
10-20-2006, 04:42 PM
That seems the best way to run a comparison on the exact same machines, practice/race bike, but he must like the PEPs better if he runs them for the races....

bbrad mulvey
10-20-2006, 04:49 PM
no comment...

daddio
10-20-2006, 06:50 PM
We have the floats on 2 YFZ's now and love them. I was sceptical at first, but my kid talked me into them. We also have Elka's, PEP's and Fox podium shocks. The best thing about the EVOLS, is that you can drasticly change how they work, with just air pressure, instead of having a box of springs.
From a grass roots level, they are the best bang for the buck and are easily rebuidable.
I never did see why all there is so much hype over PEP's. They look like hopped up Works shocks. But seeing the internals, I can see why a pro, with access to a shock technition, would like them. You can change the way the shock works, very easily, with a box full of parts.

Ex_Rider43
10-27-2006, 08:52 PM
regardless of how YOU think I ride they are junk. Every track I ride I put in 3 or 4 dummy laps to see where I need to adjust the shocks(to only bottom twice per lap). But no I do not flat bottom, that **** hurts. They are probably a good shock for a beginner. Or maybe the just suck compleately on Gibson arms. I dont have anything good to say about the EVOLS besides they are junk. Great IDEA, but they need more research on them. Here is another thing. If they are so great, then why is it that all the Pros that were given them to use, gave them back? as far as the service, after 6 rides! Gimme a break...

1 month ago you were selling them saying they were the best thing out there !!!!!!!!!

hahaha I almost got ripped off !!

...... wait... I have elka's !!

bbrad mulvey
10-28-2006, 12:21 AM
HMMMM, check that post again, I dont think I said anything about being best in the world. I said great shock, too much adjustment. I was getting rid of them to go back to Elka elites. To me they are a great shock. The Foxes were a TERRIFIC shock new. Even after useing Nitrogen, low sticksion seals great. But man when you spend hour after hour adjusting and adjusting and adjusting and no matter what happens the damn things bottom out in a strait away or throw you so high in the air that people can pass you. There is some stuff incorrect about them.

Its a great shock for a lot of people but def. not for me!

Ex_rider43. Good choice on the Elkas;)

Ex_Rider43
10-28-2006, 11:24 AM
To me the worst thing I did was to get the Elites , they were so stiff when I got them it wasnt even funny.

One of my friend is working there ( I live 2 hours from the shop ) so he changed things in them , they were 'decent' at least for the front shocks. The rear is another story , lets keep it short by saying that a stock 05 shock reworked by GT thunder was BETTER than the elite.

Im going with PEP this year , I almost chose fox but I dont want to spend too much time testing and working on suspension because I dont have time anymore to do that.

FoxRacing81
10-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by pudamac12
why would say something like this when you have no idea who the guy is. That is just ignorance. And if your spouting off about things like this it makes a lot of people ignore the other stuff that you say that may be usefull info.

I'd say he would say something like this because it's true. I have seen him ride...;)

bbrad mulvey
10-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
I'd say he would say something like this because it's true. I have seen him ride...;)

You have seen me right? I dont think so! You live all the way accross the country man!

baubl
10-29-2006, 09:37 PM
we run shocks on all three ltrs have no problem also ran them on our trxs, those or custom axis work just fine
bobl

Tyler25
10-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by baubl
we run shocks on all three ltrs have no problem also ran them on our trxs, those or custom axis work just fine
bobl

baubl, did you get my last two PMs that I sent to you??

baubl
10-30-2006, 08:56 PM
tyler 25
no i didnt get the pms
bobl

FoxRacing81
11-10-2006, 07:09 PM
You have seen me right? I dont think so! You live all the way accross the country man!

Are you Production-A National Rider?

If so, I will take back what I said.

bigbadbubba
11-10-2006, 07:53 PM
after reading some of the testimoniels on here.... i dont think really any one here maybe not even all the pro's can use there shocks to the limit.... so u people getting picky of every little thing reall should stop.... once u surpase the 750 mark on shocks they really all become the same then its just person prefrence ... just cause u like one dosn't mean its a fact that they suck .... ive ridin on bikes with black widows then one with elkas and i couldn't even tell the diffrence...... SO ITS ALL PREFRENCE you people that have problems with the fox's either just dont like em or got a bad set.... **** happens, the world dosn't revolve around you guys if u dontl ike something then i guess no one likes it , WRONG it dosn't really matter..... i'll go buy a pair of works if i damn well pleased just because people say they suck .. dosn't make them right....

ALRIGHT

im done... :D

but seriously

bbrad mulvey
11-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
Are you Production-A National Rider?

If so, I will take back what I said.

Never raced a national in my life. This is my first year is this year. But Iwill be B-class. So what do you have for me then?

FoxRacing81
11-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Well, I'm just about positive that (Kyle) is, so I'm pretty sure he rides harder then you.

Just proving some points here dude..:D

bbrad mulvey
11-11-2006, 10:58 AM
oh ya well my daddy can beet up your daddy! grow up:huh

snox31
11-11-2006, 10:59 AM
man you guys argue about everything,i just put fox on my ltr and the float evols seem great but i had to send the podium x back to revalve and put a stiffer spring on it.I had a lt front end on my yfz with pep shocks and it was sweet.peps are set up right the 1st time.with fox i see i will have to test alot more to get them where i want them but i am pretty sure that will be easy.so far i like them but i will tell ya more in the spring when the gate drops

FoxRacing81
11-11-2006, 12:57 PM
oh ya well my daddy can beet up your daddy! grow up:huh

good one....

I didn't start the arguement...I stated a fact. :D

05Z400rdr
11-11-2006, 05:52 PM
this may be a dumb question....but does Fox racing have anything to do with Fox shox?

bbrad mulvey
11-11-2006, 06:01 PM
I do give props for having high speed low speed now! Everet was telling me that all the low speed(1st gen) Fox shocks can be converted for pretty cheap to the Dual speed. I dont care if Kyle is fast though, so is Doug Gust! That is a fact also! But who cares, we are just here on this topic to state our opinions about Fox Shox.

As far as Fox Racing and Fox Shox the same company, man I want to say no, but I have a friend who says different...VAUGHN!! So Im not sure

daddio
11-14-2006, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
this may be a dumb question....but does Fox racing have anything to do with Fox shox?

They used to be, but when the clothing line took off, they sold the clothing line, and logo.

bbrad mulvey
11-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Ha I knew it!

Ex_Rider43
12-07-2006, 01:18 AM
i bought 3 brand new fox shocks so I will be able to compare them between my elka elites and also the pep's that my friend bought but hes not using the same components that I am.