PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Va. Area MX Riders

mike_repine
09-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Is there anyone in the Winchester or Stephens City area that has a MX track? I would like to get in a couple practice rides during the week. Right now the closest place for me is Breezewood but that's too far to go for a weekday practice. I am planning to buy some property within the next year and will be building a practice track so you could ride mine in return.

jrafter
09-23-2006, 01:49 AM
have you checked out www.tomahawkmx.com

hondaracer31
09-23-2006, 12:03 PM
You just need to move closer to me, Mike!haha
jk Good luck with the search.

mike_repine
09-23-2006, 05:59 PM
jrafter, Thanks for the reply. Last I heard Tomahawk wasn't allowing Quads on the main track. I understand (haven't seen myself) that the new quad track is not that challenging. I did go to Timber Ridge today which is a new power sports park about 15 miles outside of Winchester. The MX track is about 1.5 miles long and offers plenty of opportunity to get on the pipe but they only have two jumps built right now. It's a work in progress. Once they build the jumps it should be pretty cool. Here's the link for anyone intrested:http://www.timberridgeextremesportspark.com

mike_repine
09-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey Barry, I know man I wish I lived closer. Your track is awesome!! I can't wait till I get some land and have you build mine.

Pappy
09-23-2006, 06:19 PM
I reckon Cody and I will run up there tomorrow afternoon for some laps on the XC course

mike_repine
09-24-2006, 04:54 AM
Hey Pappy. When you guys get back I'd be interested to hear your take on it. Personally, I think it has great potential. I just hope they build the MX jumps well.
Not sure if you've ever been there before. The directions on the site are slightly off. If you're heading north on 522 look for a white sign on the right that leans up against a route sign pole. It will read” Drag races”. That’s Timber Ridge Rd. Forget about Fish Hatchery Rd. Just follow that straight back about 3 miles. At two miles you'll come to a 4 way intersection. Keep going straight about a mile. The place is on the right. If you’re coming from Berkley Springs the best I can tell you is, once you hit the double lanes go about 6 or 7 miles then do a U turn and follow the above directions. Hope you guys have fun. See ya!

wvspeedfreak
09-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up about the new riding facility Mike.I didn't even know about that place.It isn't very far from here,I might go check it out today.

Pappy
09-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Mike, I have heard that someone was doing something but no one had anything in concrete. Alot of folks that used to ride at TMX had emailed me and asked if the place in Berekley Springs was open and I had ZERO to tell them.

It will be killer to have yet another riding area, especially one with trails for the XC guys. I will do my best to atleast ride up there today and see what the scoop is. If they manage to get it done and have an indoor, this will be HUGE.

jrafter
09-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey Mike it was nice to meet you.......me and jessica had a lot of fun.

We are planning to spend i hope a lot of time there......I need a toyhauler so we can do some real camping.....LOL

Email joerafter@adelphia.net

or call anytime 304-229-7615

Im off a lot during the week

Joe

mike_repine
09-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey Joe. It was great meeting you and Jessica as well. Hope we can do more riding together in the future. I'm like you, once they get the track in better shape I'll be there and Breezewood all the time.
You guys take care and I'll see ya soon.

Email me sometime if you guys want to go riding.
Quadzilla35@yahoo.com

Mike

Donkey1
09-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Any Trails near Winchester?