PDA

View Full Version : chain, 2 master links??

jb400exxx
09-01-2002, 06:41 PM
i accidentally cut my chain to short yesterday, and i can make it the right length again if i use the piece i cut wich is still ok to use, but will it be bad to use 2 master links in the same chain? will it make the chain any weaker, i don't want my chain to break and go through my engine but i don't want to buy a new chain if i don't really need to. please help!

jb400exxx
09-01-2002, 07:22 PM
it should be fine as long as i put it together the right way right??? i think it should be.

Sparks425Ex
09-01-2002, 07:26 PM
You prolly woudl be ok. I have done it before. I think is does make the chain a little bit weaker but i don't think it would hurt. And it is deff. chaeper then buying a new chain. DO it the ride it til it breaks.

jb400exxx
09-01-2002, 07:31 PM
does the 3:2 offset mean you are 1 inch wider on each side or 2inches wider on each side, or is it stock??? i want to get rims that make it 2 inches wider on each sie on the front, so the back and front are the same width. what offset is that?

big-guy
09-02-2002, 01:52 AM
I have an old enduro bike, and it presently has 2 masterlinks on the chain. That way I can change the sprockets back and forth easily if I need to. I've never had a problem with it, except one time when my brother put one of the clips on backward. That was a looooong walk.

rob-u/21
09-02-2002, 10:42 AM
your chain should be fine just make sure you put the links on the right way and you should think of buying a case saver if you are talking about the chain going through your engine.