PDA

View Full Version : quad trouble?

CMPX3
09-22-2006, 05:35 AM
I have been a member on this site for quite a while now and the " piss on honda" thread got me thinking. I have experianced some of the problems alot of other guys on this site have. I have the '06 ER and have had the sticky between 1st and2nd tranny thing as well as some hot start ,stall issues. I could see points both ways on the "piss" threadbut, are the 450 crf guys having any of the same issues? I don't know anyone with a bike and just thought it might be worth discussion.

HondaRacing23
09-22-2006, 12:19 PM
My bro has a CRF 450R 2003 and the only problem it seems like he is having is with it over heating when he is just putting around or at idle. as long as he is moving seems to be fine. I told him to try running some Engine Ice in his radiator and that seems to almost solved his problem. Not completely but much better then it was.

woodsracer420
09-22-2006, 08:29 PM
it would be interesting know if there built any better, you wouldnt think there would be to much difference.

DirtDevilBT
09-22-2006, 11:28 PM
the dirtbike doesn't have a fan though right?
Keep playing with the jets and leak jets. You can solve the hot start problem. The tranny is something that I hope will be fixed for next year, or at least have some kind of extended warrenty for this year.

HondaRacing23
09-23-2006, 09:35 AM
No the dirtbike dont have a fan. I have taken both the 450r and crf 450r engines apart. splitting the cases and other then them mounting to the frames differently there isnt really to much that is different i didnt think.