PDA

View Full Version : Post your Best Deals ... I Found mine tonight .

Quad18star
09-21-2006, 08:56 PM
What are some of the best deals you guys have ever gotten ??

I got to thinking about this , because tonight I ended up getting an awesome deal .... one that hasn't come around in YEARS ! Here it goes ....

Tonight I was wasting time while my girlfriend had a class at the University and decided to head to my local Yamaha shop to pick up a set of lens for my goggles that I ordered . While I was there I started talking with a few guys I know and my old boss was telling me about some new snowmobile clothing that he's going to be getting in very soon . He then pointed me towards a rack of snowmobile jackets that he was clearing out and marking down the prices .

So I walked on over and seen a few name brand sledding jackets that I knew were quite expensive and started checking them out . I look down at the tag and see the regular price of $585 .

Now I know you guys are going to say that's nuts for a sledding jacket , but it's the top of the line sledding jacket made by Reima Motorsports . It's made with GoreTex and Cordura , has a zipout inner liner , all the bells and whistles .

So anyways , I turn over the tag and see a bunch of other sale tags and stickers ..... that jacket had been marked down to $89.95 . I looked over at my old boss and told him someone made a mistake ... he told me that was the price on it . So after I went and picked up the girlfriend , we headed back over to the shop and I got her to try on the jacket ( I have my own top of the line sledding jacket) . It fit her perfectly and she loved it .

Needless to say , I have her birthday gift sitting beside me right now , along with a pair of leather mitts that I picked up for $19.95 .

So that's my story of the best deal I've found in YEARS !!!!:D :D

09-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Tonight will be a good night for you. :chinese:

But my best deal probably has to be my 300ex. I bought it off SidewaysSam from the site and pretty much everything on it was new. And it only cost me 1900.

Quad18star
09-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Tonight will be a good night for you. :chinese:

Hahaha ... I wish . I got a kiss and a Thank You before she went to bed an hour ago . :ermm:

I'm still not done outfitting her for the winter though .... still need a new pair of sledding pants , a balaclava , good sledding boots and a helmet . I'm not out of the woods yet .

I seriously have to take up less expensive sports !!!!:p

CannondaleRider
09-21-2006, 09:25 PM
I got a great deal from Brad Oakley at Blackwidow ATV.

I was ordering a HUGE load of parts from him when I was building my Cannondale in late '05/early '06.

I was needing new rear hubs, and decided to go with the lower level stock hubs, black powdercoated aluminum ones, $80.00 or so dollars, usual price. Thats why I decided on those, cheap, work well, whatever.

After going back and forth clarifying parts needed, he finds that he has NO new stock aluminun hubs, only some used ones off his Daughters Moto that he was putting some Moto hubs on.

Moto hubs are.....off the Moto/Blaze quads. They are made out of Magnesium..MUCH lighter, higher quality, and powdercoated red. They were upwards of $350 or more dollars(can't remember exactly).

He tells me that all he has is Moto hubs, but they are much more expensive of course. Told me to think about it, and contact him when I get the chance.

I decide I really need to make SOME sort of semi-attempt at going with cheaper parts(bills were getting up there), so i'd search for them elsewhere.

I'm standing at the finish line(the Ford Mesa) at the BITD Parker 250, Brad Oakley calls me and says he has an offer for me, I tell him to go on, and he says "Thought about it, I figured i'd cut you a good deal and give you a set of Moto hubs for the same price of the stock aluminum ones....Hows that sound?"

Hows that sound, that sounds great!!!

Thats just one of the great deals he's given me....great guy, and great company.

Another good deal I got was through Cannondale27.....He built my motor, doing an AWSOME AWSOME job. It was, in a way, a pain in the *** for him, because of a problem with getting parts from the guy that was supposed to send them, he had to go around to a bunch of other vendors to get the correct parts, and try to get it done on time. Lots of phone calls across the country(Arizona to Wisconsin) that i'm sure raised his bill. Just worked hard to get the motor done right for me....In the end, he sends me the final bill, I'm expecting the usual, all the parts, the shipping cost, and the big labor bill......I notice there is no labor on it. So I ask him if he just forgot to add labor, and he says "No, I wouldn't charge you for that".....made me pleased to have that good of a guy build my motor.

awsomeaussies
09-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Well heres some....
I bought some aftermarket +2+1 a-arms used for $180 and sold my stock a-arms for $200:p
Got a set of Works shocks for $75 plus traded my stock shocks(which arn't worth hardly anything. They came off a 400ex) Then I sold the Works shock on ebay for something like $300... and then I bought myself a set of Elka Recs for $460:D
hmm... I know there's more quad part deals I made, just can't think of any right now.

But I have to say the best deal I've ever made out on was selling concert tickets. Yes yes way over priced ones, and I really hate that when people try to do that to me. but I was buying tickets for about $50-65 a piece and then selling them for anywhere between $175-250 a piece. I ended up profiting about $1500 with hardly any work involved. But I've only done it to one concert;) for now:blah:

NorCalRacer
09-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Hate to tell you, that's not quite legal....

awsomeaussies
09-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer

What the ticket thing? Oh no trust me it's perfectly legal. It varies from state to state, but in my state it's fine. Some states you can only profit so much off the tickets, but you can still profit some. But I looked into it before I started selling the tixs. I was selling them on ebay, and ebay won't let you sell anything(for the most part) that would be illegal and they give you a list of rules.

Toadz400
09-21-2006, 11:40 PM

It's legal here in Wisconsin. A couple months ago I could've bought two Tool tickets for $65, I didn't because I didn't think I'd be able to make it to the concert. They were on sale on Ticketmaster for ONE MINUTE only. I was actually fortunate enough to get on in that one minute and be able to buy one but decided not to. Those tickets ended up on eBay for up to $1000 people were paying! A PIECE. I could've made a mad profit on that, let me tell you I have never had a worse feeling in my stomach before...

NorCalRacer
09-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Sorry, my mistake;) Here I do work for a reggae show every year. I get a ton of tickets, backstage and the works, but I can't sell them. They're worth about $300 a piece as well:ermm: CA is just a strict state I guess.

Toadz400
09-22-2006, 12:38 AM
Sorry, my mistake;) Here I do work for a reggae show every year. I get a ton of tickets, backstage and the works, but I can't sell them. They're worth about $300 a piece as well:ermm: CA is just a strict state I guess.

Yea, probably has a lot to do with all the hippies there.:p

Shift_450R
09-22-2006, 07:16 AM
three years ago i bought an old pile of junk 86 200SX my first quad. the motor ran 100% but it had a horrible oil leak and all the plastics were scratched and cracked. i paid 400$ for it. i rode the piss outta it and put new black maier plastics on it and sold it for 1600:eek2: :p :D

HB416EX
09-22-2006, 09:32 AM
I got my 03 400EX for $300.It didn'tr run all it needed was a fuse:) I got my 450R shocks my plastics and all new tires for free.I put another $500 into it and it looks and runs like new.

bradley300
09-22-2006, 09:34 AM
my first quad was a suzuki 230 quadrunner that me and my dad brought home in a box, we put it together with about 600 in parts, i rode it for a year, beat the snot out of it, and sold it for 1500. that kid put another 300 in it getting the clutch and electric starter fixxed, rode it for a year, and i bought it back for 500. i cut the front fenders to hide the crack in the plastic, and sold it 2 months later for 750. not a bad deal, but i passed on buying it back again for 500 last week

sly400ex
09-22-2006, 09:37 AM
I've had a bit of luck with a few vehicles I've purchased.

I had an 87 Cutlass I bought for $2700, I had it for four years and racked about 40K additional miles on it. When I sold it, I got $2900 for it.

I had a 92 Silverado I bought for $3500, had it two years...30K additioanl miles, sold it for $3900.

An 86 Oldsmobile for $550, had six mos., sold for $950.

Not too shabby!:)

rooster300ex
09-22-2006, 10:01 AM
For my 300ex I bought brand new still in the box and plastic rear maier fenders for 75bucks from denniskirk. Some kind of closeout sale. One time i got 2 8in .160 rear douglas rims for 20 bucks a piece used. I also got 2 rear 8in itp t-9 pro series wheels for about 25bucks a piece. not bad

derekhonda
09-22-2006, 10:04 AM
I've mentioned this before. A few years ago I bought a Polaris Explorer 400 with a plow and winch, and also a 14' trailer for $5,000. I plowed snow and played all winter long on the fourwheeler, made like 400 or 500 bucks plowing. Then in the springtime I put it up for sale and someone actually gave me $5500 for it. So basically, I made almost a grand, and got a free trailer. SWEET.

Fred55
09-22-2006, 10:23 AM
I bought a full set of Kenda Klaw MX tires for $100...with only one moto on them from Chad Wienen.

honduh440
09-22-2006, 12:23 PM
so im sitting at work last week "tmobile" and i get a email with a link on tmobile.com to a bluetooth headset. someone screwed up somewhere in teh company and changed the headset that goes for 69.99 to FREE. so yeah i ordered 20 of them paid 22.35 for shipping. now i have 1400 dollars worth of headsets sitting here. now selling them for 35 bux each.

coolguy8769
09-22-2006, 12:30 PM
DAMN!! you gotta love it when that happenes^^^^^^

i always find out to late though, any idea how to find em when they happen lol

honduh440
09-22-2006, 12:31 PM
well someone in the company randomly found it and emails spread like crazy

AtvMxRider
09-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Hahaha ... I wish . I got a kiss and a Thank You before she went to bed an hour ago . :ermm:

Sorry I didn't mean to wear her out Greg:ermm:

EX lvr
09-22-2006, 01:47 PM
i bought a 1992 yamaha warrier with a brand new topend, for $600 , i beat the **** out of it for a few months then made the mistake of letting one of my buddies ride it. 20 mins. later he comes back up to the house sayin he's really sorry but he crashed my quad. i drove my truck out back an we hauled it back. he had hit a berm and went airborne into a tree(his version of the story) . the axle had a crazy bend to it, the carrier (sp?) was cracked and the a-arms on the one side were messed up an bent, and the front bumper sheared the bolts off and was all dented into the frame. the plastic was also cracked in a couple spots. i called a friend of a friend who i knew was lookin for a quad and i sold the warrier to him for $850 as a "fixer upper":D

Alberta_Qaudin
09-22-2006, 02:20 PM
i posted about it already but my $600 trailer

MOFO
09-22-2006, 02:25 PM

Nope, its the same around here as well. I'm glad we have this law... stops a-holes like the one above from buying tickets then trying to make a profit... meanwhile the average joe can't get tickets because these a-hole scalpers buy them all up.

Get a real job... :rolleyes:

awsomeaussies
09-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Nope, its the same around here as well. I'm glad we have this law... stops a-holes like the one above from buying tickets then trying to make a profit... meanwhile the average joe can't get tickets because these a-hole scalpers buy them all up.

Get a real job... :rolleyes:

Geeze it was one show:o And I have a real job:blah:

shano
09-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Well just recently I got a set of long travel +3 hermann a-arms and elka quadrates for 500 plus my stock a-arms and shocks witch is a killer deal!

09-23-2006, 11:23 AM
a long time ago i picked up a snowmoblie that was 2 years old (about 5 or 6K new) for 800 bucks...that was the best deal....and i could right now get a 350X in great condition for 500 but i dont need anymore toys, i already got a Cr 125, 250, banshee, F7, 250r and SL 900....anyone want a 350X for a grand?? lol

09-23-2006, 11:44 AM
my best deal...well nothing to do with quads or bikes and prolly no one plays socer on here but i got $180 cleats for $5 brand new and $200 cleats for $30

these cleats cant be found on the internet right now for under $60 and i got them when they first came out for $30 and $5...lmao

and my friend just picked up a blaster:
1998--stored 3 years, started in 2 kicks and ran super good
full fatty system fmf (a little rusty) already on it

only $500

recently had a guy that wanted to buy it from him for $2000 but my friend refused. Thats how mint it looks...

good thing we were the first to call the lady because she had 8 other interested buyers after us for $800-1000 but they were nice and did first come first serve

awesome deal if you ask me! thing is fast as hell and is mint

Jake250ex
09-23-2006, 11:55 AM
good deal? whats is that? :ermm:

09-23-2006, 01:05 PM
i would have sold that blaster in a heartbeat if i bought it for 500 and then someone offered 2k....make 1500 in a couple days?? your buddy should of done it...and if he really wanted a blaster he could of bought a new one for 2200 or so, so for 700 he could ahve a brand new quad

ilpadrino113
09-23-2006, 01:27 PM
The best deal i ever got was my mud truck. It's a 1968 international harvester 3/4 ton pickup. 4 speed and a 345cid motor. It has only 35,000 miles. I didn't believe it either so i checked it out. The truck was a park truck in a state park and drove about 15 miles a week. the park ranger bought the truck when they got a new ne becuase he liked it and used it only to plow the driveway of his shop since. I bought it from him for $500 after he retired.

I tore the motor apart to rebuild it, but it looked near mint. I just put everything right back together again.

the truck never gave me any problems and always starts right up.

quads14589
09-23-2006, 04:59 PM
me and my dad went out to get some shotgun ammo so we decided to buy a case of like 800 rounds we brought it up to the counter and a guy that didnt know what he was doing rung it up for 5 bucks when it was on sale for 80.00:D :D :blah:

Toadz400
09-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by ilpadrino113
The best deal i ever got was my mud truck. It's a 1968 international harvester 3/4 ton pickup. 4 speed and a 345cid motor. It has only 35,000 miles. I didn't believe it either so i checked it out. The truck was a park truck in a state park and drove about 15 miles a week. the park ranger bought the truck when they got a new ne becuase he liked it and used it only to plow the driveway of his shop since. I bought it from him for $500 after he retired.

I tore the motor apart to rebuild it, but it looked near mint. I just put everything right back together again.

the truck never gave me any problems and always starts right up.

I'd say that's the best deal ever right there. International trucks are awesome.

Xater
09-23-2006, 06:19 PM
bought a 1987 440 jag for 900$ im the third owner and it must of sat in this guys garage for 10 years its in mint condition with only one scratch on the windsheald!!!! its like a colecters item now.

brian-250
09-23-2006, 08:03 PM
My best deal before i bought my truck was a tractor i bought from a friend at school for $50 that needed a starter that was 400 bucks. But i sent the starter that came with it to a shop that rebuilds them and he had the mounting bracket that was broken on it on the shelf. He rebuilt it and give me the bracket for $88, and i had about 100 more in the tractor and sold it for $900. Id say i did alright on that one.