PDA

View Full Version : What brake systems are ya'll running?

protraxrptr17
09-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Just curious what everybody's using. I use a CRF450 front caliper on the rear. I also use a CRF450 rear master cylinder. It's got the integrated reservoir. Looks trick. I have a Cannondale front master cylinder. I kept the little parking brake button. I still have the stock Raptor front calipers. I want to upgrade to YFZ dual piston calipers later on. I have a Braking 250R rotor on on the rear, and 4mm oversize rotors on the front. Don't know what brand they are, but they are custom made for the T-pin front end. Mark Laeger had some company in Europe make them for me.

jrspawn
09-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey, out of all honesty, i wouldnt even mess with the yfz brakes. The honda style 250r brakes work Much better. Almost everyone of my race quads both hybrids and production quads run 250r calipers. Ill even let you in on a little secret, some of my full built race YFZ's built and bought from the leading companies in ATV racing werent running yamaha brakes, yup, you guessed it 250r brakes front and rear with adapters i have Never seen for sale or even known of, some pretty sweet stuff man.

Justin

protraxrptr17
09-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah, the 250R front calipers are good, but they are getting scarce. I don't really use my front brakes too much, though. My stock calipers work fine, but I like to have the best of everything whether I need it or not. Do you have a picture of one of those adapters? I own a machine shop, so it would be no problem for me to make some.

stocktires
09-22-2006, 09:53 PM
I was running 400ex fronts and 250r rear, but after the build is done it will be full 250r brakes with adapters for 400ex spindles (got the adapters and calipers in today). I'm thinking of maybe using a 450r front master cylinder instead of the 400ex.