PDA

View Full Version : rev box

kfxracer
09-21-2006, 06:09 PM
I was looking at the adjustable procom rev box and was wondering if it is worth $110?Does it add a noticable difference in performnace?I know the no limit reverse and +1-2,000 rpms is good, but does it really add horsepower and perfomance?THANKS!!!

Tater049
02-27-2007, 07:53 PM
if you have other performance mods on the quad then yes. I have a big gun rev box, and they are the same thing. It adds more rpms, which makes it sound better, and you go through the gears, not as fast as before. Also, when you reach the last gear, it will rev higher, making you push out a little more mph. I saw a good increase. It is definetly worth getting, you should get it.

kfxwizzard400
04-01-2007, 12:07 PM
without adding engine mods like cams, valves, and aftermarket piston there really isnt much of a point and not much horsepower to gain by using a rev box. First i would get a high comp piston, then a intake cam with stiffer valve springs... if you have a bone stock quad before doing any of that just get and intake and exhaust and run it without the airbox lid.. should wake it up alot

bellzbub
04-04-2007, 01:06 PM
the rev box also changes the timing curve. it can be used on a stock machine to get some more power. the gains are more noticed with some mods.

i have an advantage 9 curve brand new for $85 shipped. iv'e got an 03 and when i bought it i was sure it was for an 03. the plugs are different 05 and up. it has never been plugged in.
pm me if you are interested.

z40021
04-07-2007, 06:02 PM
All I have to say is dont get a procom! If you get a rev box get either the Dyna or Vortex. Their are big probs with the procoms. I have a White bros and it was fine at first but now its hard to start and some peoples quads wont start at all without putting the stocker back on. The procoms arent woth the $ cause they fail and are just junk. Procom makes all the rev boxes out except the vortex & dyna. If you want more info go to the forums at z400central and search rev box.

bludevilz91
04-10-2007, 10:18 PM
dyna or vortex...Everything else is just rebadge procom. Of course ther are ones that work but most of them dont work and are a waste of money!!